Reviews for When Heath Came Along
Vivannetalktalk chapter 5 . 8/25/2014
Loved it was really good .
elizabeth chapter 3 . 4/11/2013
Rachel, I LOVE your writing! Your fan fic is amazing. It's so very close to the episodes and yet with the added character it give me a chance to 'be in the show' myself! You pull all the characters feelings and voices to perfection! I can truly hear Peter Breck screaming and Linda Evans calmly soothing her 'sister'. Keep it up! I am a huge BV fan! You add a perfect twist!
Guest chapter 5 . 4/11/2013
great story-loved it!
Guest chapter 5 . 2/19/2013
It good I'm a Heath lover but…Rachel…?!im a huge fan of the big valley, so is Rachel just a made up character? Then again I didn't know there was a Eugene barkley til two days ago…
wandamarie chapter 5 . 1/5/2013
wow i loved the story thanks keep up the great work on you other stories
wandamarie chapter 4 . 1/5/2013
wow thanks i loved the story keep up the great work
wandamarie chapter 3 . 1/5/2013
wow it was a good chapter thanks
wandamarie chapter 2 . 1/5/2013
wow it is getting good thanks
wandamarie chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
wow i grew up watching it with my grand pa and my dad it is a great show and you are a good writer thanks
R - Equine Writer chapter 5 . 12/12/2012
To JoAnn Lynn,
Thankyou so much for your lovely review. Oops, I didn't realize I got that bit about 'west of the Divide' wrong. Thankyou so much for explaining that to me! I just want to say that I really appreciate the constructive criticism that you gave me, and I also appreciate the way that you told me. I have had people on other stories who have hurried to say that because I am not American I should not attempt to write stories set in America. I am always ready to learn from my mistakes, so thankyou for pointing out the error in my story! Thankyou for your complements too! I am glad you like Rachel Barkley and my story! Thanks for reading and reviewing!
JoAnn Lynn chapter 5 . 12/12/2012
I'm new to this site so am just now reading this story. You did a wonderful job with this take on POG. I very much like your new sister and enjoy reading how having a littlest sister adds to the dynamic of the family. Bless her heart; I imagine she does get frustrated being the youngest, especially when her oldest brother is 32! Jarrod would very much be a father figure for her and you demonstrated that with your excellent characterization of him. I can just hear this exchange, for example, sounds just like something Jarrod would say:

"But, Mother!"

"I hope you're not arguing," Jarrod said, looking at Rachel firmly with his eyebrows raised.

I thought I would add a note about something you might not have realized since you aren't as familiar with the Americas as you would be with your home. When Nick asked Heath where he was from in your story, Heath said he was from the Western Divide. I think in the episode he actually said 'west of the Divide'. There is a reason for that.

The Divide is a reference to the Continental Divide, The Continental Divide in the Americas is the line that divides the flow of water between the Pacific Ocean and Atlantic Ocean. Rain or snow that drains on the east side of the Continental Divide flows toward the Atlantic Ocean while precipitation on the west side drains and flows toward the Pacific Ocean. (However, some rivers empty into the desert and don't end up in the oceans.)

It runs from northwestern Canada along the crest of the Rocky Mountains to New Mexico. Then, it follows the crest of Mexico's Sierra Madre Occidental.

So, when Heath says 'west of the Divide' he essentially means west of the Rocky Mountains and not a specific place.

I'm learning new phrases from you as I read like: 'knock him galley west' and 'gummy' (she loved to ride her horse.) Here 'gummy' means something thick and sticky, like the candy called Gummy Bears. If a machine isn't working right someone might say 'something has gummed up the works'.

Looking forward to reading more!
RowdyClara chapter 5 . 7/23/2012
A wonderful story! Congrats! . I'm glad Rachel finally accepted Heath. :) (Otherwise she would've had to deal with me. ;) LOL! I'm just kidding. :) Great story!) Keep up the good work, Rachel! 10/10
RowdyClara chapter 4 . 7/23/2012
Gah! XD Cliffhanger! LOL! Really, I like cliffhangers. They keep me going through a story. :) Hope nothing bad has happened to Heath!
RowdyClara chapter 3 . 7/23/2012
Very emotional chapter; especially near the end. You have a quite a way with words and it makes the story very interesting to read. :) (But, my geese, I find myself wanting to side with Heath! LOL! Poor guy.)
RowdyClara chapter 2 . 7/23/2012
Another great chapter! You've got all of the Barkley's down to perfection! :)