Reviews for Barefoot in the Grasslands
Elaine du Lac chapter 2 . 4/27/2014
Interesting. And lovely. I wonder what made you write this anomaly of a story? I've read your other stories and they tend to feature slash. But a Nyota and Spock story? The setting and the feel are all so cinematic and beautiful though. A rich and artistically rendered exploration. Mesmerizing to read too. Reminds me of Ishiguro's unforgettable novel: Never Let Me Go.
candicane26 chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
Oh my goodness. This story is so good. Please continue soon. :)
Doni chapter 2 . 7/8/2012
I don't know how I missed the second chapter. I love the feel of this. A bit darker, grittier, but still with some home. Nicely done.
katarina97 chapter 2 . 7/4/2012
Love it! Please write more soon!
KatzillaM chapter 2 . 6/25/2012
Wow. I'm surprised. This is really good. I'm not really a big Uhura fan, but I like you work, so I figured, why not? And was happily surprised. Looking forward to the next chapter! :)
Crack Muse chapter 2 . 6/23/2012
Well, you HAVE been a busy little Metzger.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I had to read through Chapter one a second time to remember where I was up to :P

This is still quite gritty, there's no softness about this. it's life, hard, but not impossible, and Uhura and Spock are in some ways products of their environment. the world is harsh, so they are hardy enough to stand it.

You also paint a good picture of being a teenager in a place that you have very little privacy, and the other people are essentially strangers, or at least, not family. Except I suppose Spock and Nyota have sort of become a family after a fashion. Well at the very least they trust each other.

It's kinda scary, but kinda not for them, they still seem to hold onto this belief that they're kind of invincible - not in the way of if 'I get hit bus a bus I'll die', but more in the way of naive, sort of not really thinking about where they go from here, very much living in the moment like you do as a teenager. Yet they still have this fear of the unknown, of the future.

This makes me sad to read but it's bloody good!

Damn you for making me like het! Feel free to write more soon.

GhibliGirl91 chapter 2 . 6/22/2012
This just got dark, but you might want to explore your version of events more.
Daphinora chapter 2 . 6/21/2012
Love! This is the first and only and probably last Spock/Uhura fic I like. Love!

Firefly-class chapter 2 . 6/21/2012
Great update! I can't wait to see where this goes.
LydiaMoon chapter 2 . 6/21/2012
Wow. This story is utterly fascinating, as is the AU you've created. It's so different, tonally, from other S/U stories I've read lately. I like that it's adult-themed and serious, but I wouldn't describe it as being dark. I'm not a big fan of dark. I am a fan of different, and this story feels unique.

I'm looking forward to seeing where you're going with this. I seriously hope you continue on until the end. Great job.
Trude chapter 2 . 6/21/2012
wonderful update - worth every day of the wait since chapter one

this world is certainly interesting and not really one you wanna grow up in, isn't it?

it's quite charming how throuhout the chapter, there are bits of the present, where things seem to go well for S/U (at least relationship wise)

and Uhura and Spock skipping class is something to get used to LOL

thanks for writing
Maria das Quimeras chapter 2 . 6/21/2012
This is great. I'm glad you updated. I hope you enjoy writing spock/uhura, finish this story and write some other amazing things.
Artemis Fortune chapter 2 . 6/21/2012
Wow...that's Brilliant.

Firefly-class chapter 1 . 6/19/2012
Please continue!
GhibliGirl91 chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Is this carrying on? I do hope so. It seems like you're using her race as a slight tool though, not sure its fair to reduce it to a plot device.