Reviews for The Pursuit of Happiness
I love the story. Seriously. I've never expected a more awesome (like, Prussia-awesome) fanfic than this one out of 18 chapters. 18 chapters. Wow. Nice ending, by the way. Franklin Williams-Jones. Catchy. And Arthur was Alfred's therapist all along? My gods, THAT was certainly unexpected. Oh yeah, can't forget the 'Oh God Al-mighty' part; I admit, I was a little bit slow, but when I read the next chapter, I was cracking up. Really. Thanks for writing this.
Xeric Truant chapter 15 . 7/12/2013
Aha, Matthew messed up on the "best friend's name" test! In the previous chapters, he was referred to as "Alfred Franklin Jones" but Matthew said "Alfred Fredrick Jones". Clever.
Very clever.
Dangerously clever.
Union Jack Off chapter 15 . 6/20/2013
Okay so, you, dear author, are driving me batshit insane. Every single chapter of this story has given me a mini mental break down, and write frankly, I'm scared to keep reading. I mean, GOD! I've cried with practically every chapter, and I started talking to the characters, and you made me pull out my depression beef jerky! You hear me? This story is seriously affecting me! I love it so much, but my blanket is in a ball at the foot of my bed for me to punch and kick, because I can't seen to stop doing that when I'm reading. Like, oh my gosh, why are you torturing my babies so much?! I hope you're happy.
Al
P.S I still love you for writing this, even if it causes mass emotional breakdowns.
GaMzEe'S lOvEr chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
First part of the story and I already hate Francis
Ash04123 chapter 18 . 6/4/2013
Oh gosh, I think my heart fell out! Oh my goodness...
I'm still painfully fangirling at the epilogue! It hurts! (In a good way.)
Oh this was just so beautiful...
Amazing fanfic of my OTP! Loved it!
Guest chapter 5 . 2/23/2013
I think a piece of me just died. Ok, make that multiple pieces.
Sanity and Katlin chapter 18 . 1/21/2013
I cried so much while reading this! Geez! Lovely story though, very sweet even if Alfred was a little - ok, a lot - slow throughout most of it...

S&K
Y0ur-Mus3 chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
-spazz- ...-calms down- my, my what a very (awesome) story you have! it was really good man! It even made me laugh! Keep up the great work man
roughdiamond5 chapter 18 . 11/18/2012
I really needed this. I've been going through some rough times both personally and work-wise, and now I've stayed up for the past two hours sucking in as much of this story as I could take because it made me feel like something was still right with the world.

I quite literally laughed out loud when I realised that Arthur was Alfred's therapist, and when I realised that Arthur and Matthew were in the bar together - little surprises like this make me happy. Furthermore, it relieves me that you made Alfred's love for Matthew believable. He worried, just as I did, that any affection would stem from pity, and he eased into the idea of love (though of course the bonehead had to have an "aha" moment too).

Matthew was perfect. He reminds me of me, with the self-sacrifice and masochism that make my world so hard to deal with. His anger is impressive and also correct, and I empathised with so much of his pain.

And the finale, and the climax - no wonder I kept reading. Thank goodness you didn't turn the big makeup into a hospital setting; the woods setting was more unique and believable. And little Frankie, and Arthur's and Alfred's reunion - how I was grinning! And, while I do like yaoi on occasion, I'm glad you saved it for dreams and the end, because a romance as sweet as this shouldn't be sullied by smut so early on.

Yes, I needed this story, and I thank you for eighteen chapters well spent.
Tamagoakura chapter 18 . 10/11/2012
Gosh, that was adorable. Very good read, I liked it a lot.
Closet Cleaner chapter 18 . 9/26/2012
Awww! This was so sweet! Usually I'm not into the super-duper lay-it-on-thick angst fics and I was bawling incessantly throughout this fic, but I could tell it was going to be worth it! I've read a few of your stories, and I just LOVE your writing!
JasperSellene chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
I have once again read a fanfiction that I ADORE only to find out it was by the Woodbyne account. (I kinda noticed there are two people using it?) I also discovered after some account stalking ( XD ) that I've read almost all of your stuff, and thought "This person(s?) is amazing." So I've added you to my Author's follow and favorite list, which I almost NEVER do. I feel like people deserve to be told their awesome when they do awesome things sooo: "YOU'RE AWESOME AND I LOVE YOUR STORIES!" In fact your almost as awesome as Prussia. :) Thanks again for the awesome works and I'm going to start reading the fanfics on your account that I haven't read yet. (Not a stalker I swear...) :)
-awkward turtle JS out
Grayy-Sunshiine chapter 18 . 9/2/2012
That...was the most adorable thing ever. You made me laugh, you made me cry, and you made me fangirl-wiggle-slash-scream. Thankyouthankyouthankyouthan kyouthankyouthankyou! ;'D

-Grayy, (;
jUsTaNothErFuJoShi chapter 18 . 9/1/2012
Gahh this story was so cute! I loved it! Haha I loved Doctor Kirkland (stupid Alfred). This was so awesome and I'm glad I read it XD

-JAF
sincerely-your-fangirl chapter 18 . 8/20/2012
I am so glad to have stumbled upon this story. The characterization of the characters, the drama, the suspense, and the romance- everything was perfect. You made me cry and laugh, and thanks to you, I now have a new OTP.

Oh, and did I mention the FEELS that I got from reading this epilogue and pretty much every chapter before that.

Please don't stop writing such kick-ass, Nicholas Sparks-esque stories!