Reviews for Who We Are
REB-ART chapter 8 . 6/9/2012
Okey dokey I also felt totally baffled by that dress in ME3. ME2’s dress was much more tasteful and besides why must Shepard fight an all-powerful and massive enemy in a dress? Kickass armor all the way! So I loved chapter one. In chapter two I was a little confused about this “ETA of the Normandy 3000. Current time: 3015.” Is it a time? If so Citadel time or earth time? Chapter three Poor Kaidan. Chapter four: I’m glad you addressed the whole “I was dead and lost two years of my life” thing because that had to be frustrating as hell. It was kind of glazed over in the game, I think Shepard would’ve been a bit more angry. I did find myself using more renegade options when talking with The Illusive Man just so I could yell at his stupid holographic face! In chapter five I’m glad you had Kaidan shoot Udina, I did that in the game. It just felt that he needed to do it whether it was to show trust or allegiance or independence. I think if Shepard did it, it just would’ve been frowned upon. I mean the Council only appears to trust Shepard when one of their own point a gun in their face no when a Reaper attacks the Citadel! I really loved chapter six, I think you could guess as to why. :D I very much enjoyed chapter seven until the end… curse dying. And finally chapter eight I’m pretty sure all of that went through Kaidan’s head at those times. He’s adorkable. Aside from the spelling and grammar errors you mentioned a couple chapters ago I don't have any other criticism and can't wait for more! Even though my review is massive. :P
Letticiae chapter 8 . 5/31/2012
A lot of foot in the mouth indeed. Poor Kaidan!
Natzo chapter 4 . 5/31/2012
Well, this is a nice take on the whole resurrection theme. Is this Shepard religious?
Suilven chapter 8 . 5/30/2012
Aw, you captured Kaidan's shy sort of goofiness perfectly in this one! I loved his running internal monologue, too Abooooort! Ruuuuun! LOL The whole last section was my favourite (Ashley snorting as he makes an utter fool of himself priceless). :D
Graceyn chapter 7 . 5/22/2012
Wonderful chapter! I loved the apartment in Intai'sai, and they totally would have visited it together. I have to say, while reading it I thought it was just a wonderful, love-smut piece - I was surprised and sadden when it turned out to be a dream, a memory. Such sadness! Beautiful creation and switch of mood and tone :)
Letticiae chapter 7 . 5/21/2012
This was incredibly bittersweet and I loved it!

"Why have you left me, Lis? And why am I still alive?" You broke my heart here, you know.
Suilven chapter 7 . 5/21/2012
Mmmm... steamy *and* filled with angst. My favorite. ;) Your smut was lovely (hooray for smut!) and I would never have guessed that you hadn't written any in a long time. Very hot!
Suilven chapter 6 . 5/17/2012
"Just trying to spare your jacket the fate of getting shot, ma'am."

LOL

"I love her.

He blinked at Shepard. She blinked back. Then her lips curled into a crook smile, her eyes bright and observing.

She was beautiful.

"Epiphany?"

Kaidan hadn't even noticed being so sunken within his thoughts, but here he was, staring at her in dumbfounded amazement. "Yeah," he eventually managed.

She tilted her head, eyebrow arched in amusement. "A good one?"

"Yeah.""

EEEEEE, I love this part. *sighs happily*

"Wait, what?

For a moment, Kaidan stared after her in bewilderment. He was anything but calm, his heart and mind racing. Why was she even telling him...- oh.

Another epiphany, the second for him in one day, in fact.

And he liked the prospect of both."

The way you write Kaidan makes me like him even more than I did in the game. I'm going to have such a tough time deciding who I want to romance first in ME3. ;)
Letticiae chapter 6 . 5/17/2012
Oh, I like the prospects of both too!

This is such a nice part of their relationship, before all that shit that happens to Shep...
Suilven chapter 5 . 5/15/2012
Mmmm... delicious, delicious angst. I like the fact that you made Kaidan more distrustful; I agree that it is better this way. :)
Ygrain33 chapter 5 . 5/14/2012
Hell, yeah, still can't review from home, most of the time, so I'm writing from work. And, for the record, _not_ fond of Alenko. Awfully fond of good drama, though, and you sure make one. The tension and hurt in this situation is wonderfully written, drawing the parallel between the present situation and Horizon. Getting the two of them to Talk this through is definitely a must, one day.

BTW, do you know that there can be a situation when the salarian amassador is actually dead and Udina plays Kaidan/Ashley a fake footage where it looks that it was Shepard who shot her? Now, _that_ would make for a nice escalation, wouldn't it.

Looking forward to more.
Letticiae chapter 5 . 5/14/2012
Another f*ucked up situation that the game treated too lightly and you made it much deeper and more emotional. Kudos!

I'd love to see them talk and work this out... Would you write it, pleeeease? I see great potential for angst here and, oh, how I love miserable characters! hehehe!
ChampionTheWonderSnail chapter 5 . 5/14/2012
Ah angsty Shepard is fun and it does make sense for Kaidan to be more distrustful here than is actually in the game. It's a nice way to drive a wedge between these two to overcome and underlines K's feelings about Cerberus (well, he *is* right about them at least). I do like how your FemShep is all cool on the outside, but inside she's still a bit of a mess. Waking up from the dead will do that to a person I guess.

Another wonderful update!
Letticiae chapter 4 . 5/14/2012
This was awesome! You built a very complex and interesting Shep by the way you adressed to her thoughts and feelings about being dead for two years. You're right - in the game this subject is treated too lightly. You've dealt beautifully with it!
Letticiae chapter 3 . 5/12/2012
Wonderful dialogue between Shepard and her mother! EDI 'helping' Kaidan and Shep was great!

The ending was brilliant! What a strong, heartbreaking memory! Poor Kaidan. Every time I read about Shepard's funeral I feel sad and this was the first one I read that had her mother on it and it was... powerful. Beautiful, really. Good job!