Reviews for Her Heart's True Fire
Sauron Gorthaur chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
A very moving and beautifully sad one-shot. I also was devastated when I read the end of Inkspell, so I was able to easily sympathize and be moved by the grief shown in this story. I think you did a good job of showing how Roxane is trying to deal with her loss. Believably, she is struggling, torn in two directions, trying to move on in her life and accept that Dustfinger won’t ever come back to her on one side, and on the other side unable (and not wanting) to forget him completely and unable to completely accept that he is gone forever.

I like how you show everything reminding Roxane of Dustfinger. The sky being as pale and gray as his scars (which was a fantastic opening description by the way), the fiery stars, the embers on the ground, and the flaming comet all remind her of him. And true enough, in real life it does seem if something that monumental and important has happened to you, everything you see and hear does tend to remind you of that thing. I thought that was a very realistic way to portray Roxane’s grief, along with her conflicting and moiling thoughts.

I also liked the interaction of Roxane and Gwin and seeing them comforting each other. Even though in the books Roxane isn’t very fond of Gwin before Dustfinger’s death, after his death, she allows Gwin to be around because Dustfinger cared for him. This one-shot showed that well, how she has accepted him because he was close to Dustfinger and she realizes that he misses Dustfinger, too.

But of course, it isn’t all depressing, and you add the appropriate sense of hope. Dustfinger’s message in the embers was touching, and it kept the one-shot from being totally devoid of anything but grief and pain. Ending with the idea that now there is weeping and sorrow but there is always hope for the future was a good idea, I thought, and it closed off the one-shot nicely.

Good work. Keep on writing!

-Sauron Gorthaur
Saphy18 chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
Heartbreaking-that's the only way I can describe this.
kagamination-heart chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
NEEDING LOVE?

I SHALL GIVE YOU LOVE.

/makes love

Anyways, I forgot most of Inkspell (really, the whole of the Inkheart trilogy. Still mad about what happened in Inkdeath with Meggie and Farid). Honestly though, I thought maybe my review would help brighten up your day! Great story, by the way.

/review left
Goldencity chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
Aww...that was sad. And I loved it. I loved it a lot. Great job on it; thanks for writing. Oh, and also: you spelled Roxane's name right! Yay, that makes me so happy, because so many people spell it wrong! But you didn't! :) Anyway, that was a great, well written fic! :)
RoCelia chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
I like this kind of story. It is short but nice.