Reviews for A King Among Men
hervissa chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
excelent bellamort :D
Marauder-In-Disguise chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
I always forget she is human...but this was a great job!
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
This was sweet, in a weird Bellatrix way...
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
I really like the first paragraphs here, about Voldemort saying he won't be chained down by things, and her response to everything that he manifests. You did a good job with the relationship here, it's exactly as is. Because Bella is the essentially /weak/ one, even though that's not true in reference to others. But she only sees herself in comparison to the Dark Lord, and for that she can never be on his level. The complete and utter devotion she holds for him is really quite honoristic. And the title has always been among my favorite word phrases so I was bound to like it. Great job with Bellamort!
lella7 chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
This is an excellent piece. I love the way you've described Bella's feelings and yet made her perfectly aware of their consequences. You've made her human whilst keeping her in character. Good job :)
aaliona chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
I love Bellatrix's conflict here. :) I loved the line, "She has, essentially, given him her freedom. She has given him total and complete control over her. And that almost scares her." It's a wonderful summary of her emotions.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
You know the funny thing is that I was just about to review this when you review mine. Haha. Talk about good timing :D

Anyways, I'm not usually a fan of Bellamort, but the way you wrote them is very lovely. You painted Bellatix into a human being and some authors seems to forget that she is one. So I really liked that fact. I think it maked it more believable (sp?) and easier to relate to her.

I'm not too fond of the "oh"s in here. They just don't feel right to me. Maybe it's just me and I'm use to it being just me. I like how you began and ended the story with "a king never dies". It's very fitting because the Death Eaters believed that Voldemort wouldn't die - that he was more than just human.

You used your two prompts well, though "chained" was a little deeper in there than "a king never dies". But it worked all the same.

My favorite lines was: "Oh, she isn't stupid. And she's not naïve." - this really describes Bella to a T. She knew what she was doing the entire time.

Overall, lovely and beautifully written :D
Echo Vanity chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
Wow. That's amazing work right there. I live your depiction of Bellatrix; she's deeper and more complex than often portrayed. And it's just fantastic work. want to say more but just can't think how to phrase it. Excellent.
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
I loved all the "Oh"s... it made it feel even more poetic...

The metaphors were so well-done in this - and OH GOD. OH GOD. VOLDEMORT, WHY WON'T YOU LOVE HER?

*Breathes deep*

I liked the part about how she's fallen prey to love - I love how aware of it she is...

I love you so much right now, I really do!