Reviews for The Thought Process of A 152 Year Old Man
JasperK chapter 6 . 4/20/2013
I enjoyed these cycle of stories and thoughts.
Celesma chapter 6 . 8/21/2012
An update! /bobs head in approval/ ...So, Millie's the one who named Kuroneko-sama? Somehow makes perfect sense, considering how quirky the name is in its obviousness. I liked how you made something as simple as naming a cat into a character study. No matter how much Vash may try to be human, he must have some thoughtless moments about them here and there, seeing the same kind of person "dozens of times" in his life. The last few lines about Meryl were also intriguing. Keep up the good work!
D-Watson chapter 6 . 8/14/2012
Awright, you're back! I can totally see Vash secretly beating himself up over underestimating Milly. I just /love/ how fleshed out your characterization of him is. Sure, his words and actions certainly do display a lot of faith in humanity, but underneath it all, he's /gotta/ have moments when looks down on people, with or without good reason. After all, Plants are stated to be superior to humans in pretty much every way. Ah, I've missed this story. Don't ever stop updating it, ok? XD
Celesma chapter 5 . 8/3/2012
I went back to reread some of these and realized I forgot to review this chapter; many apologies! It's interesting to bring up all the pulp fiction writers on Gunsmoke who must make an absolute mockery of Vash's character. (Kinda reminds me of certain - er - /special/ fanfics from five years ago...) And you demonstrate well just how effortlessly Vash switches from Deep Thought to Silliness Galore in the presence of Millie.

Also, someone else who writes out "/Mister/ Vash!" High five! /is unutterably lame/ Millie is just precious here, btw.

"I'm one of aforementioned nutcases. Jussayin'." Me too... me too.
Celesma chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
Awww. You know, I always figured Vash to be the type who would find spiritual significance in the natural world (even though there's not much in the way of natural beauty on Gunsmoke apart from the suns and the sky). I must say, you're very good at conveying an "elderly" tone of thought to Vash in these shorts. Oh, and the Wolfwood/Vash bickering in this was perfect. XD
D-Watson chapter 5 . 5/23/2012
Do you have an army of monkeys typing for you over there, or what? Monkeys with copious amounts of writing talent, obviously, but your update schedule does seem to require me to put this on author alert, or otherwise visit Trigun's FFN section daily (which I'm not used to doing, since, most of the time, it only has tumbleweed rolling along where new stories ought to be). Ahem.

I ADORE how whimsical the thought process of this particular 152 year old man is. Very much in keeping with his personality. Take away the donuts and the flailing and crying in French, and Vash would be dull as all hell. Thank God for multi-layered protagonists. Oh, and I can totally imagine Gunsmoke's aspiring writers picking up snippets of grossly inaccurate info and rolling with it. Deep Space Planet Future Chuck Norris Facts. Or something. The paragraph about rewriting everything the way it should have been tastes kind of bittersweet. In a delicious sort of way. No surplus dramatization, indeed. MOAR plz.
D-Watson chapter 4 . 5/17/2012
Photosynthesis? Huh. I always assumed it was Plant, as in power plant, not organism belonging to the Plantae kingdom. But etymology discussions aside, wow, another update! Awesome. It's always interesting to read something that explores the religion of Trigun characters. I would also peg Vash as something of a free agent in that department, despite the fact that he's pretty much the walking, talking, donut-scarfing Jesus of Gunsmoke. And, yes, I recognize the scene from the manga. IRRC, that's the point right after everything starts going to hell in a hand basket.

Love this line, btw: "The man, like so many others, was desperately curious about the one legend families told their children to scare them to bed at night (in turn, making Vash lose sleep)." As well as many other lines in this story, but I'd feel silly if I were to list them all. If I may file just one small complaint, it would be that it feels sort of weird to read our favorite priest being referred to as Wolf or Nick, at least by Vash. To the best of my recollection, he never called him anything other than Wolfwood.

But all in all, very good, indeed.
Celesma chapter 3 . 5/14/2012
...You know, it's true. If Vash treats all grown adults as if they have Handle With Care stickers plastered all over them, how much more of a softie must he be with the kids? Congratulations on another sad, but sweet ficlet from you.

(PS. Nice job sneakin' in the V/M and W/M on these! :D)
Celesma chapter 2 . 5/14/2012
This was so nice to read, even though it's mostly sad. The new words and Vash's way of thinking comes off as very whimsical and fun to read. The reflections on wanderlust put me in mind of Tasslehoff Burrfoot from Dragonlance.

"Cactus Cranium" and "pseudo-treant" - I'll have to remember those words whenever I think of Vash from now on. :)
D-Watson chapter 3 . 5/13/2012
Pffff, badass grandma. Now that's something you don't see often in the OC department. And Vash rearing kids? Totally bawww inducing. The closing sentence sounds pretty much spot on for him. If I recall correctly, Doc made a similar assessment of Vash in the manga, except it was more along the lines of seeing all of mankind as his kin, as opposed to children, specifically.

Forgive the incoherence, it's late over here. And keep 'em coming. Addictions aren't always a bad thing ;)
D-Watson chapter 2 . 5/13/2012
Damn, that was fast (not that I'm complaining). Anyway, you really do have a way with words. I don't mean the couple of big funny words that you've thankfully explained in the footnotes, it's just that your sentences have a really good flow to them. The one about "the crazy blond wacko" barreling past the horizon made me giggle. Such a cartoonish description 3
Celesma chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Good job getting into Vash's head! :D And I really liked the writing style in this. Living as long as he has, he'd /have/ to learn to not think about certain things if he wants to stay sane. Poor guy...
D-Watson chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
Pixie Derringer Meryl - I dig that, I really do. I also dig your style. Short but sweet. Hope to see more Trigun from you in the future.