Reviews for Beating Like A Hammer
Petrichora chapter 4 . 8/10
Mmm, Garrus. This was perfect.
OfCourseIAm chapter 4 . 7/22/2015
Such a wonderful fic! I really liked how you integrated it with the original story line. I also liked that you didn't assign Shepard a name. Many people do, and it can be a bit strange to adapt each fic since everyone has their own name for their Shepard. Great writing of the smut too!
StillWittyKatie chapter 4 . 2/9/2015
This was fantastic. Real depth of emotion, authentic character development, and *hot*!
Embrium chapter 4 . 5/8/2014
Awwwwwwwww
MelShep chapter 4 . 4/15/2014
What a beautiful story, I loved every part! The characters were so real, and your writing is amazing, great job :)
elfgirl931 chapter 1 . 3/20/2014
Good sweet Lord. I followed this over from the kink meme and it was one of the most perfect shakarian fics I've ever read, in fact one of my favorite Mass Effect fics period! I really loved how you made Garrus so tender yet stayed so true to his character - I could hear him saying the stuff you wrote in his own voice. I also enjoyed how you explored Turian anatomy/erogenous zones more than other fic writers I've seen. Would have liked seeing even a bit more of that but I deeply enjoyed reading this. :)
A Mistake chapter 1 . 10/17/2013
I've read this story at least three times already. At _least_. For all I know I might've gone through it through more times though with less exacting attention. Now, I finally decided that, dang it, I owe you a review after all that skulking around. The only problem was, even during my first and second reads, I was too riveted in the story, too drawn in to really pay attention what about it sinks its hooks into me. All I noticed was getting carried away with the flow, and then Bam! The story's over, and I'm left gasping in disbelief at the end. Like I couldn't believe I've just gone through it yet again.

This time, I took better notes. I hope they make better sense than the mindless brainmelt that happened the first time around.

The first thing I noticed was the attention to detail. It's amazing how the most mundane thing as a casual touch could have a different meaning for Shepard whose life was just more chaos after another post-resurrection, and how the isolation she felt is something she could be justified feeling. Ditto with Garrus' hesitant touches just to make sure that Shepard's alive, here, and undoubtedly real. And how even as his last barriers fall, the one she didn't even realise she had, did too.

...anyways, I shouldn't ramble for too long. You've got a very light touch in showing how an emotional progression made sense for two people who are tough soldiers most of the time. I think that's one of the hardest thing to execute while keeping everyone in-character, and that's a feat you've managed with flying colours. Great work!
mrsvakarian54 chapter 4 . 5/5/2013
Very well written. I really wish this would be how the reunion in the game went! I love it!
mrsvakarian54 chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
Oh wow that was just amazing! I am excited to read more!
sushismygen chapter 4 . 4/13/2013
As much as I've always been skeptical to the kind of sudden hot reunions between Shep and Garrus I must say you made it quite believable and really endearing. The way you described their emotional struggle and the physical attraction, just brilliant. And OMG the final act! Let me just say I browsed endless fics in search for that perfect first time between Garrus and Shepard and I think you are the one that nailed it. Hands down one of the best I've read.
Excellent work my dear! :)
Guest chapter 2 . 2/22/2013
Shepard smells like gunmetal and ice? Wow, that suits her. Well done.
Actually-Fen-Harel chapter 4 . 11/22/2012
This was beautiful. SO very beautiful. Well done. :)
Alice86 chapter 4 . 11/20/2012
Thank you for writing such a wonderful FemShep/ Garrus story! You did such a great job developing the passion, romance, and tenderness between these two it just a short time but still keeping them true to character. I love how you write Garrus in such an authentic way- you really capture the complex mix of toughness, and tenderness. He is such a great character who is tough and rough yet at the same time he has such sweetness, vulnerability and a desire to help those in need. Well done! I hope you keep writing more of Garrus- you do it so well :)
IamFrog chapter 4 . 10/30/2012
This is one of my all time favorites. Perfect. Hot. Everything.

Just the best. Ever.
BexxIlluser chapter 4 . 9/22/2012
I love your writing so much! This is yet another one of my favourite fanfics of all time!

Such raw powerful emotions from Garrus and seeing him so vulnerable just killed me.
Your details and characterizations are just perfect, I really love this fic! )
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »