Reviews for The Daughter of the Sun
tsevca chapter 2 . 7/28/2013
it has one thing. why do you think dayne couldnt marry martell? i think marriage between those two houses would actually be the most probabal in another circumstances. dorne is always apart from other regions of westeros and there was never mentioned any marriage between dorish house and someone weve heard of, definitely no one important or else there would definitely be said they have rhoyinish blood. and if doran tried to marry arianne to all this dornish nobles, no one suspected anything, so its definitely normal. and daynes are very important. right now, their house is made of a child-lord and his aunt bethroted to an out-law lord, but in history, daynes that carried the dawn were always respected threw the whole realm and they have the blood of old valyria, i dare to say that in this time, they were the 2nd dornish house right after the martells. that no prince/princess of dorne in this generation married a dornish lord? well, elia had better option, doran married for love and oberyn decided to stay single. but thats one in hundred years situation.
tsevca chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
i dont think people imply that. yeah, viserys and cersei did, but i havent heard it from fans. it was just political marriage, there was not really love. i do think that the reason, why he fell in love specificly with lyanna, was how she was strong and wild, opposite to his wife that was weak after bad births and good aristocratic wife, obedient perhaps, but that was not her fault, no sane father would send girl like lyanna to the court of aerys II. rhaegar was simply a dreamer, who was practicly destint to this, because he always wanted something more, than his life could give him. i dont hink he even realized it until he left for lyanna. there was nothing elia could do to change it. i dont think she was any happier in this marriage, i think she knew from beginning this marriage would have nothing to do with love, but as a woman, she didnt have rhaegars options.
really, the only way to prevent those tragic events would be, according to me, if both elia and aerys died before rhaegar met lyanna. he was respected enough to negotiate with rickard and robert a way to cancel the first engagement and make lyanna his wife. and that was something elia could hardly do.

but even though i have nothing against your story, i cant help but think that they were little more open in their conversations. she definitely couldnt be like that publicly, but when they were alone... considering what we know about dorne and martells... as i said, she could be like that in front of anyone else, otherwise aerys would deal with her, but when they were alone, i can imagine her talking to him about possibility of finding some mistress, since she couldnt have children after aegon and maybe couldnt even do her duties as wife, or talking to him more like to a friend. do you know what i mean? something like "we dont love each other, but were stuck together until one of us dies, lets play for others but never for each other, we can respect each other at least this way, not to lie to the other." i know its sounds weird, id explain it better in my language but i hope its understandable in basics.
Guest chapter 12 . 5/30/2013
I Hate Rheagar With A Passion
goldenlilies chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
I have no words, your story was truly magnificent. I really moves the heart, and I too always felt that there must be another side to the sickly Elia. I absolutely loved it.
VanillaMostly chapter 12 . 1/14/2013
Oh my effing god, this was just beautiful.
SO DEPRESSING TOO OF COURSE.
But beautiful all the same.
I love, love, love the relationships you captured here. Elia and Arthur Dayne's stories made me almost want to cry.

T_T
Starless Shadow chapter 12 . 12/7/2012
This was wonderful. I loved that you showed Elia as a strong character. Overall I really enjoyed your story :)
Sonyushka chapter 12 . 11/27/2012
I am in tears. This was so, so good.
Bess Woodville chapter 12 . 11/17/2012
My god I hate you ;( how good you do such a tragic chapter :'(? But I guess that was the point so well done :D and um... Good luck If you're doing another chapter which I doubt because both of the main characters are dead
Failed to De-anon chapter 12 . 11/17/2012
Tears and more tears and Arthur, and the baby! Everyone is dead! Stop, just stop...The feels! Can't take much more of the sadness and the angst.
Guest chapter 12 . 11/17/2012
Im so sad Asharas baby dies... i think the edwardasharajon is true.
keenan24 chapter 12 . 11/17/2012
killing me softly with your words. ahh this is so achingly dark and yet superbly written.
bravo!
right in the feels, it's okay i didn't need my heart, you can go and break it in pieces.
the saddest thing of all is that in the end they were all pawns and victims to the cruel truth of the prophecy. Fate is a cruel mistress and oh my bbs Elia and Rhaegar (doomed otp of mine) and Arthur and Ashara, dying for something much bigger than themselves.
your story is magnificent and achingly beautiful. thnak you for sharing.
Bess Woodville chapter 11 . 10/26/2012
Ok, you are sucking the life out of my heart, all these stories are killers, Gods I was tearing at the end and how they were all at the tower of joy :) and Viserys is not crazy! Ok fine bad time I'll stop. This sounds like the end though :( hope you continue to update all the other stories; the one with Aegon V and the one with Elizabeth Woodville though :) bye for now
Neevy chapter 11 . 10/21/2012
Awh just killin' me here! I need to believe Elia and Arthur have a happy ever after, even though now it will be in whatever comes next. I'm hoping that shall be the case. Again, beautifully written. Love this story! I really do.
monie34 chapter 11 . 10/19/2012
Update Soon!Please
Bess Woodville chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
I am so glad someone actually gives Elia martell credit! I've always loved her; Elia, Arrianne and the Martells! Thanks you very much! Your stories are all excellent! You inspire me greatly!