Reviews for Harry Potter and the Alternative Beginning
Damenri Laurner chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
XD omg badass lily I love it
saint21 chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
Love Lily
Oliver-Max-Lyon chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
Very funny
Annoyed chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
Why haven't you read the last two books?
Glassheart-x chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Oh God...I know this probs wasn't mean tfor this but I made me laugh so much! Just like one of those vidoes you see, i don't now if you've seen but thiers a fan one made of McgonagALL KILLING uMBRIDGE...oops caps, sorry...anyway it was funny! But anyway good stuff!
Rebecca Cullen 1991 chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
I'm sure there are loads of reasons why this wouldn't work but it's still hilarious! Good job :D
HollyPotter28 chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Interesting view on it :)
Dracarot chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
Actually the problem may be more due to the gun control laws in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

After mass shootings in England and Scotland in the 1980s and later by people with licensed firearms, what is considered to be some of the strictest firearms legislation in the world was enacted.[3][4] Fully automatic weapons (submachine-guns, etc.) and self-loading weapons of calibre larger than .22 rimfire are totally banned, as also are all handguns (pistols and revolvers). Other rifles and their ammunition are permitted only for good reason. Shotgun ownership and use is controlled, and even low-power air rifles and pistols, while permitted, are controlled to some extent. A firearms certificate issued by the police is required for all weapons and ammunition except air weapons. Possession of a single bullet can lead to severe penalties.

And do you honestly see Lily Evans or Arthur Weasley outright breaking the law (and don't bring up Arthurs modifying the car he purchased it legally getting the gun itself would be the illegal portion and I doubt Mr. Weasley desires to be a robber) to obtain a firearm, particularly considering what weapons they would have to choose from.

As for the death by gun rate its only .07 intentional homicides committed with a fire arm per 100000 people where as here in the U.S. the intentional homicide rate is 3 per 100000 residents. So apparently it works.

The initial source for this was wikipedia (heck the big paragraph is a cut and paste job from it) but the first and fourth citations for the article a CNN news article on the gun laws and a United Nations report verify the numbers.

So blame Britannia not the characters.

Actually those law's didn't become law till 1997, guess they could have done it my apologies, though it does explain why this wasn't done in the last book where it could have been useful (as it takes place from summer of 97 to spring of 98 just as the laws take effect).
Erec1314 chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
Voldemort: (Bursting into the house) HAHAHAHA! I will destroy your family you bitch!

Lily: Oh yeah? Well take a look at this bad baby!

Voldemort: What! How can a f****** reta**** baby beat me!

Lily: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH! You have ask for it now!

James: Get OUT of here Lily!

Lily: Not a chance Potter.(Brandishing gun Lara Croft style)

BAM!

Voldemort: OHHHHH! You have slain me! (Tybalt from Romeo and Juliet reference)
RodentFace chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
Yes, I'd always hoped that something (Arthur Weasley, perhaps) would acquire a gun and start bumping the Death Eaters off that way. I mean, that would be the ultimate slap in the face to Voldemort and the Death Eaters because they're "superior" to Muggles and stuff so it'd be AWESOME for them to get killed by a Muggle weapon. But no, it didn't happen. But your story's still funny, though.