Reviews for Run Yourself Dry
Idiotwhocantthinkofapenname chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Hey. Sooo, I follow you on tumblr, and within only a few short days, you have undoubtedly made yourself my favorite person on there.

And now you are my favorite here, for posting this. Cheetara needs more love, and more focus on her character outside of the love triangle and being "so and so's girlfriend." Which is something I beleive you did well here. Focusing on her alone and giving her some actual character, that is. (Though that's not to say I am against romance or that I would at all mind seeing a T/C story from you, because there aren't nearly enough of those on here.)

...So yeah. Nice work!

I'll definitly be looking out for more from you!

-I
NoWhere ManX chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Very, very well done character piece. You did something that the show sorely is lacking given Cheetara an actually personality. A tempered wildness caged within the robes of a Cleric. Very, very commendable.

To be honest I always thought it was a strange contrast that they always showed Cheetara as some calm collect being as well as having the title of a cleric. Because she's able to run at speeds over 100mph. The amount of freedom, and wanderlust that type of power would bring would be intense. Then to have moments when you're standing still, having being told that you have to sit, meditate for hours on end, when all you really want to do is go out and cut lose. I kind of think you'd be stir crazy. I think you represent a lot of that here. That simple build up.

I plan to show that side of her as my own story progressed at least. I think it's a side of her that we don't see too often.

I'm starting to think now that the writers of the show should start hiring fanfic writers, because we seem to do her character more justice than they do.

To be honest, I know a lot of other people would tell you to continue on, I won't say that because I also know that if you add on to this it might diminish the quality of the original work. So it's up to you if you want to continue, but I'm satisfied with this alone. It's also nice to see quality work on there that doesn't involve the drama of romance and relationships and stuff.

Overall Good work!
Heart of the Demons chapter 1 . 4/30/2012
A very thorough portrayal of Cheetara. I find her characterization on the show quite annoying. Fanfic writers like you, Anzu Fan, Prairie24, and NoWhere ManX know how to treat the cheetah female with respect. Your interpretation of her is definitely not so different. Should you continue with your story, I'll be happy to read on.