Reviews for Lineage
Aggie2011 chapter 8 . 3/31
So I read this and Lineage II last night when I should have been sleeping. I just wanna say, I absolutely love the AU you've created here. I mean, I love the JA books. But to see you write Obi wan as the hesitant one in their apprenticeship is fascinating and adds a level of vulnerability for Obi. I almost feel like the Obi's emotions are DEEPER in this and hit the reader harder in THIS than they did in the actual JA books. The difference between someone else not wanting you and you thinking you don't deserve to be WANTED. Someone's own mind will always be the most damaging weapon against them, and you've shown that here. I absolutely love how you've constructed this. Beyond the story though, your writing is phenomenal. From one writer to another, I greatly enjoyed reading your work and you can ask anyone that knows me, I tend to be kind of a fanfic snob. If I'm gonna read it, it has to be well written. promising stories lines that were poorly written have lost me in the first few paragraphs. No so here, my friend. You had me hooked from the first sentence. And the fact that you have 98 stories on file just makes my day.
mc chapter 2 . 2/27
Oh Yoda, you sneaky little troll.
Jessica129 chapter 8 . 1/28
i had so much fun with this book! this new perspective of the original story was so refreshing and deepened the lore beautifully for me. ]
You know, it drives me crazy every time I see a Jedi talking about how someone who went dark is 'dead'... especially with how well you demonstrate that the core personalities are the same whether light or dark, just enhanced on either side. Your Dooku is still Count Dooku even when he's a Jedi... same for your Anakin in Inheritance... your characterization easily shows the seeds of Vader in the skewed perspective of the former slave bow.

The only line from the movies that drives me more crazy is the 'only the sith deal in absolutes' line in the face of how utterly binary the Jedi are in their Code, force use, etc...
Sam chapter 8 . 1/2
Wow.
The elegance of your wording is just... on another level - almost as good as mine. Not so; I lie! It almost frustrates me, if we're being honest, how your writing skills hover just out of my reach. Stellar story, phenomenal character development, and superbly sly nods to what we know will be the future. Dooku's comment about Obi-Wan not surviving to Knighthood was particularly poignant for some reason. Your portrayals of both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are absolutely splendid; the latter's coy cleverness gives me life, and the former has more dimension here than he does in the actual movie. I loved watching them struggle, especially internally, with what to do and what is right. Very believable, very enjoyable; I couldn't get enough! I don't know how long it will be before I read the next stories (my Winter Break is ending) but I can't wait to see where you take these two3
hannahsmetana chapter 8 . 10/21/2015
I love your words. You have beautiful storycraft. I'm going straight to the next book. Thanks :)
Ibelin chapter 8 . 9/16/2015
SO I'm unsure if you're still active here or not, since the last review here was made a hella long time ago. BUT I've currently blazed my way through Lineage and am on Legacy II at the moment, and I realized that in my haste I'd been neglecting the most fundamental duty of a fanfiction reader and had left absolutely zero feedback, so here I am out to remedy that travesty.

I love all iterations Obi-Wan Kenobi, honestly, and in words borrowed from "The Cestus Deception" I must say your Obi-Wan is RESPLENDENT. I love how his sass, incisive cleverness, mile-wide self-sacrificing streak, and uncompromising self-criticism shine through gloriously right from the start - and I love getting to see his SHELTERED NAIVETE TOO. He is positively BURSTING with the desperate need to accomplish justice and save people, but he's also a sweet Jedi youngling straight from the creche without the wisdom to go with his zeal yet. The way he was so traumatized by Xanatos's clever choice of torment reminds me of the "Slaves of the Republic" Clone Wars arc. I'm pretty sure that bb!Jedi or Council Master, hurting others because of him will always be one of the most effective ways to injure Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Anyway, I was recced this 'verse by the perennially energetic tumblr Lineage fandom, and was honestly surprised to find the first installment not... too... traumatizing, actually, compared to the ravings I'd heard from others. But your Obi-Wan I adore and your Qui-Gon right from the start is utterly compelling and three-dimensional, and I couldn't WAIT to see how their relationship evolved as Obi-Wan's training began, so onward to the next book!
Phoenixie chapter 1 . 7/29/2015
Just read finish Lineage, and now I am a fan of your stories .. can't get enough of it ! I liked the relationship that u potrayed between Master n Padawan better the original series.. Qui Gon a more willing and affectionate father n teacher, Obi Wan the cheeky child who is just beginning to experience what life is about .. beautifully written!
Guest chapter 8 . 7/19/2015
"You are supposed to be resting, not picking fights with Master Li."
- oho so it begins. And Obi loses this first debate XD we've yet to see the outcome of his latest attempt in Legacy!
Obi-Wan's natural love of life and cheerful wit shows itself, after gaining stability and new friends. He seems almost child-like in his sincere delight when talking to Tahl. I think that's a recurring theme - the Dark stains him time and again, but your Obi-Wan shines through in the end. :)
The first hug of many eh. And Obi trying to play it cool haha. Contrast this with the one when he tearfully realises Qui-Gon truly did survive in Legacy? It's an interesting comparison x)
Guest chapter 7 . 7/19/2015
"He should have invested in some decent droid security forces ages ago. The Trade Federation relies almost exclusively upon them now; and Telos is one of the few worlds affluent enough to afford the Techno Union's exorbitant prices."
- bad feeling abt this. And though i am all caught up, i still am not sure where your Dooku stands...
Hahaha, Qui recognises his own swearing from Obi's young lips. XD
Qui and Obi are both more compassionate toward each other than with themselves. Of course Obi-Wan wouldn't censure you unduly for Xanatos, Qui-Gon...
Your Guerra remains a delight :)
Guest chapter 6 . 7/19/2015
Ah. I've forgotten this. Your Obi-Wan was marked as an enemy by the Dark right from the start.
Your Guerra is ten times the person he is in the JA series. Oddly in-character too, despite that. Perhaps it's because he's in a situation where his compassion shines through?
"Bitterly, he asked the Force why it had not sent a real Jedi into this mess." Ah, Obi-Wan...but it did. And Guerra sees it too.
Your Xanatos is also far more realistic than the JA one ever could be. Terrifying.
ASWF chapter 3 . 7/19/2015
"In the grey eyes shone a fierce protective light, the flame surmounted by wings, sheltering its own."
- in Homecoming, Obi-Wan's displayed the Order's twin winged flames. I think it's a lovely parallel. Not sure if intended, but i think these two wonderful lines look beautiful side by side. As do the boys themselves, of course.
Given how prolific you are and how masterful a writer you are, im quite sure you're further away from the teenage years than i am, but you draw a thirteen year old exceedingly well. I remember being that disillusioned, confused and outraged xD
Guest chapter 1 . 7/19/2015
im an old reader fully up to date with Legacy, just came back here for a bit of old nostalgia. It's a pity we didn't get to see more of this amazing child. I'm sure Qui regrets it still, sometimes. The Obi-Wan in Homecoming talks a lot less, is wiser, calmer and much less mischievous - much closer to canon? but i prefer your in-the-works Obi-Wan, with his wickedly gleeful wit and tireless compassion. He makes the canon Obi-Wan seem so much more tired and bland, even with the irrepressible energy dancing in Ewan McGregor's eyes.
In any case - long live your Obi-Wan; he gets more beautiful and alive every time you write him :)
WriterGirl7673 chapter 1 . 7/9/2015
Oh, goodness...this is so much better than the book, and I've barely even started to read this. I burst into laughter when Dooku baited Qui Gon. This is going to be so much fun to read. :)
Ai chapter 8 . 5/16/2015
Wow I don't know Star Wars but this is excellent!