Reviews for Lineage
Phoenixie chapter 1 . 7/29
Just read finish Lineage, and now I am a fan of your stories .. can't get enough of it ! I liked the relationship that u potrayed between Master n Padawan better the original series.. Qui Gon a more willing and affectionate father n teacher, Obi Wan the cheeky child who is just beginning to experience what life is about .. beautifully written!
"You are supposed to be resting, not picking fights with Master Li."
- oho so it begins. And Obi loses this first debate XD we've yet to see the outcome of his latest attempt in Legacy!
Obi-Wan's natural love of life and cheerful wit shows itself, after gaining stability and new friends. He seems almost child-like in his sincere delight when talking to Tahl. I think that's a recurring theme - the Dark stains him time and again, but your Obi-Wan shines through in the end. :)
The first hug of many eh. And Obi trying to play it cool haha. Contrast this with the one when he tearfully realises Qui-Gon truly did survive in Legacy? It's an interesting comparison x)
"He should have invested in some decent droid security forces ages ago. The Trade Federation relies almost exclusively upon them now; and Telos is one of the few worlds affluent enough to afford the Techno Union's exorbitant prices."
- bad feeling abt this. And though i am all caught up, i still am not sure where your Dooku stands...
Hahaha, Qui recognises his own swearing from Obi's young lips. XD
Qui and Obi are both more compassionate toward each other than with themselves. Of course Obi-Wan wouldn't censure you unduly for Xanatos, Qui-Gon...
Your Guerra remains a delight :)
Ah. I've forgotten this. Your Obi-Wan was marked as an enemy by the Dark right from the start.
Your Guerra is ten times the person he is in the JA series. Oddly in-character too, despite that. Perhaps it's because he's in a situation where his compassion shines through?
"Bitterly, he asked the Force why it had not sent a real Jedi into this mess." Ah, Obi-Wan...but it did. And Guerra sees it too.
Your Xanatos is also far more realistic than the JA one ever could be. Terrifying.
ASWF chapter 3 . 7/19
"In the grey eyes shone a fierce protective light, the flame surmounted by wings, sheltering its own."
- in Homecoming, Obi-Wan's displayed the Order's twin winged flames. I think it's a lovely parallel. Not sure if intended, but i think these two wonderful lines look beautiful side by side. As do the boys themselves, of course.
Given how prolific you are and how masterful a writer you are, im quite sure you're further away from the teenage years than i am, but you draw a thirteen year old exceedingly well. I remember being that disillusioned, confused and outraged xD
im an old reader fully up to date with Legacy, just came back here for a bit of old nostalgia. It's a pity we didn't get to see more of this amazing child. I'm sure Qui regrets it still, sometimes. The Obi-Wan in Homecoming talks a lot less, is wiser, calmer and much less mischievous - much closer to canon? but i prefer your in-the-works Obi-Wan, with his wickedly gleeful wit and tireless compassion. He makes the canon Obi-Wan seem so much more tired and bland, even with the irrepressible energy dancing in Ewan McGregor's eyes.
In any case - long live your Obi-Wan; he gets more beautiful and alive every time you write him :)
WriterGirl7673 chapter 1 . 7/9
Oh, goodness...this is so much better than the book, and I've barely even started to read this. I burst into laughter when Dooku baited Qui Gon. This is going to be so much fun to read. :)
Ai chapter 8 . 5/16
Wow I don't know Star Wars but this is excellent!
aquamanisnotuseless chapter 2 . 4/25
This is so well written I am amazed.
God of Laundry Baskets chapter 3 . 3/24
And this might be the reason why Qui-Gon totally misses Yoda's devious ploy earlier. He hasn't yet had Obi-Wan as an apprentice making him examine his words and the words of others. I just love these guys and Qui-Gon's frustration at Obi-Wan being so focused on leaving the Order that he's missing his offers of apprenticeship. There's just so much I love about this series. It's definitely influenced how I imagine Obi-Wan growing up under Qui-Gon and just-

I really like this series :3
God of Laundry Baskets chapter 2 . 3/24
Rereading this after the last chapter of Legacy and just- you write these sneaky little jerks so well.

To be fair, I feel like Yoda's ploy is relatively straight forward but Qui-Gon is just so focused on the present that he misses it. :D Revisiting this after reading some of the Legacy books is just such a pleasure. :3
Newtonsapple chapter 7 . 2/24
"You made a deliberately ambiguous promise with intent to deceive me."
And that's when you realized he was a jedi prodigy.
Newtonsapple chapter 2 . 2/23
"What he did not see, in his headlong rush for the district spaceport, was the slow, sly smile which spread across the ancient master's face, or the satisfied, knowing light that filled his limpid green-gold eyes."
Yoda, you manipulative little troll.
Newtonsapple chapter 1 . 2/22
"Then wouldn't you feel sympathy for an individual more than desire for the right?"
Ahh, the trouble with anti-villains...

This is really wonderful! I love Dooku being suave and Yoda being manipulative (because OF COURSE the best way to get Qui-gon to do something is to tell him he shouldn't!). And Obi being a witty little prodigy!
Owly chapter 8 . 12/18/2014
I read this story (in fact, the entire Lineage series) for the first time before I'd ever even skimmed the actual JA series. Now I'm coming back to all of it after reading the original, and I have to say, your works have already buried themselves in my head - they are canon to me, now. Honestly, I love your vision of these characters and their relationships more than the way they're portrayed in the books, and the fact that your writing style is a bit more elevated, though that's to be expected knowing the audience JA was originally intended for. Now every time I read other Star Wars, especially JA, fanfiction, I find myself thinking "that's not the way the characters are supposed to be," even though I'm only basing my perception off of what you've written! tl;dr you've created a wonderful world and vibrant character portrayals that feel real, immediate, and up to par with every canon work. Thank you for all of this, because it brings such a depth to the characters and to the entire Jedi Order and Star Wars universe. This is a huge feat, and it's beautiful.