Reviews for Lie and Let Live
HermioneGirl96 chapter 1 . 1/18
That was so intense. You write wonderfully.
ErinKenobi2893 chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
Brilliant. Just brilliant. I had a bit of a hard time following the story the first time-I blame the invisible section breaks!-but it's amazing. Excellent work! *makes mental note to delineate every story that I read like this one* Slightly convoluted style, but the introspection and confusion it inspires... definitely a read-again. :-)
Librasmile chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
Wonderfully suspenseful and intriguing. Great psychological drama and oh so poignant for both Mycroft and Sherlock. And ingenious. Bravo.
AnnaMorrison chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Hi! Finally gotten into the sherlockian fandom too! And blast, this is so amazing. You did a really precise job portraying the characters. Set the thought in-between the lines and let it confirm by Sherlock. I feel sorry for him. No wonder that he accepted Mycroft's lie and kept the memory altered for all those years. And poor Mycroft, that he couldn't stop the truth from surfacing.
Possibly the best Sherlock-based fanfics I have read so far. Kudos!
-Anna Morrison
Chjajcjjslakncjska chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
My god this is powerful. I love it. Well done
TARDISbear10 chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
This was absolutely fantastic! The way you told the spry was gripping and brilliant. Have you watched any Christopher Nolan movies (Memento, Inception, Fight Club, etc.)? Your style reminds me of his a bit. Anyway, great piece! Hope to see more.
Kali47 chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
It was a bit confused at first but then it got really gripping. Nice story, very interesting.

It’s very much like Mycroft to want to control everything like that and take the blame. Poor Sherlock, no wonder that would be a memory he’d deleted.

I’m wondering what would happen now, surely it’s time for a faceoff for the brothers isn’t it?

I wish you’d do one more chapter with that, pretty please…
BloodyRosie chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
poor sherlock

that must be a hard thing to come to terms with

i hope mycroft realizes that sherlock figured it out

so he can go take care of him

smile
Confictura chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
I don't think I've ever seen a better written Fic about BBC Sherlock than I have this one. I believe that's saying something because I've seen a few.

Please keep writing more, like this and possibly more to this fic.

I love it.

10/10
puts foot in mouth chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
A real gem. I love the build up, the slow unravelling, and the prose is beautiful, insightful, very lovely and descriptive.

I'm a big fan of Big Brother Mycroft so it was nice to find another ficlet centred on him. Thank you.

I sincerely hope that for you this is the first of many forays into writing for the BBC Sherlock fandom.
TadPole11 chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Very well done story. So I guess this is what is meant by Mycroft upsetting Mummy?

Though I would rather that Sherlock never figured it out. That kind of makes Mycroft's sacrifice pointless, now.
Eldar-Melda chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
It is brilliantly written!

Bye; :)
Anna chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Wow, this was brilliant and very well written. Thank you!
Upson chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Lovely story! How about a follow-up with the conversation afterwards between Mycroft och Sherlock? So curious :)
Lizella chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
holy moly (if its written like that) what an intense story and an exceptional writing style, wonderful