Reviews for A Confederate in Satsuma
Admiral Awesome chapter 6 . 10/18/2013
I really like this story. It is so well written. The only bad thing is... it hasn't been updated since last year.
Guest chapter 4 . 3/6/2013
"Abarame Toshiko," Takeda introduced her to Longstreet. "Lord Okubo thought it best to set you up in a house in Kagoshima while you live here in our realm. Toshiko herself, is a samurai consort and has been ordered to fulfill your every need during your stay here."

Seth took a drunken appreciative look at Toshiko, her fox red hair, her slightly athletic build, and smiled. "Every need?"

Longstreet raised an eyebrow as he unceremoniously dropped seth in the dusty road, the Englishman coughing up dust as he fell. "Get back to camp Seth, and get ready for some hard marching tomorrow. that's an order." Longstreet said calmly.

Ha! Pete is awesome. I like how he's polite with others.
Chris c3po chapter 6 . 3/2/2013
Wow. Splendid, simply splendid. This is the kind of story I was hoping to find. No complaints from me, except that you might want to put a little more detail and character development into the story.
StEbAnRoPeRo chapter 6 . 12/17/2012
Thanks a lot for majing this pretty dammed good fic. This is just awesome D
Freedom Phantom chapter 6 . 12/3/2012
I really liked the chapter. And I also like Longstreet way of very much. A great chapter. Keep it up!
Commissar Danno chapter 6 . 12/3/2012
Nice, I like this battle a bit more then your first one. Instead of having just a birds eye veiw of the fighting there was a real sense of danger with the line soldiers.
StEbAnRoPeRo chapter 2 . 12/2/2012
Just a marvelous combination of two diferent ways of fight. That was a excelent battle with two sides and ideals on the battlefield.
StEbAnRoPeRo chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
AMAZING. This fic is just wonderful, its just a Total War with a Human face and Real thought of the political, economical and social situation. Just keep it, my friend, keep the good work.

I am wondering if the First French military mission will be appear in the fic. That would be epic D
chippermovie chapter 5 . 9/30/2012
Great chapter. This update reminded me to go play shogun. Are you going to purchase Rome 2? Maybe write another story for that game?
Commissar Danno chapter 5 . 9/30/2012
Your welcomed. I'm glad to see that you updated and take your time and not get burned out again, it happens to the best of us and your work suffers for it. Though be it this is a good quality chapter and indeed one of the best fics in the Total War section.
chippermovie chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
I have read up to chapter 4 and I can honestly say I like the direction this story is headed. You address detail and push forward plot in a well balanced manner. My only advice is to include a little more of what you wrote in chapter 4-city life. While shogun 2 total war is an epic military game, there does exist a rich environment and culture in the geography of the game (for lack of a better word). I look forward to future chapters. Keep up the good work! :)
Seanchow806Napoleonic chapter 4 . 8/3/2012
I was looking forward that General James Longstreet will destroy the Shogun and restore the Emperor to power and the update is 06-12-12 and I hope that you update more stories if you have time to work out and I was working on Land Before Time XIV: Dinosaur Boshin War. It is a crossover with Land Before Time and Total War series mostly Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai and Napoleon sets in Rhodesia instead of Great Valley and Mysterious Beyond.
John Dunkelburg chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
It will be interesting to see how GEN Longstreet deals with being in command instead of being the right-hand man. Given the advantages of occupying the high ground, and Longstreet's well-known use of the tactical defensive posture, I think we'll be seeing a repeat of Antietam or Fredricksburg soon. Please keep writing your story; it will be interesting to see how it all plays out during the following events of the Meiji Restoration.
Commissar Danno chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
Another great chapter.
Republic Empire chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
I love this! I mean what an great alternate story you got there. I love how you portray Longstreet in the story. A simple tragic hero of Civil war compare to Captain Algren in background.

Pros: the story is very complex and has a deep meaning.

Cons: just check your spelling