Reviews for Taniguchi and Kunikida are dead
Anonymous chapter 2 . 2/24/2013
I must say, 99% of fanfictions I read suck. This has got to be the greatest fanfiction I have ever read. This is on par with something that the Nagaru himself would write.
Brendan Rizzo chapter 6 . 7/22/2012
Once again, you amaze. This fic seems to evoke the other really good Haruhi fics on this site. Most of the few fics that have as their premise Sasaki going to North High never take the Butterfly Effect into account in the way that this one did. In fact it's one of only two fics I've read that successfully turn most of the plot of the novels on its head. You got me hooked from the very beginning. Most fics just bore me nowadays, so that's an accomplishment.

One of the few complaints I have is that everything in the last chapter happens too quickly and not everything is explained. In fact, if the fic did not explicitly disavow this, I would have assumed that it was using the "Kyon is God" hypothesis, because everything that Kyon postulates in the last chapter actually happens, and we don't get to see the reasoning behind his thought processes. Someone else has said this, but Haruhi and Sasaki becoming lesbian lovers happened very quickly with almost no foreshadowing. I would also like to mention that Kyon figures out that someone is meddling with the timeline with hardly any shown evidence, so the readers were thrown for a loop. Even so, I think this is the first fic in which Fujiwara wins. He DID succeed in permanently altering history, after all.

So wait, did Taniguchi and Kunikida actually have some esoteric knowledge about how canon actually happened, or was Kyon just mistaken? Speaking of characters, I have the suspicion that Kuyou and particularly Tsuruya were utterly superfluous characters just added for completeness. Neither of them actually did anything important.

And one last thing... killing off Haruhi and Sasaki like that? Not cool.

Despite all this, the fic was a good bridge between your earlier, mediocre fics, and your later, awesome fics. In fact, it manages to be awesome in its own right. The things I mentioned were rather minor and probably would have been avoided if you had written this today. I think you've started to hit your stride as a writer.
gotonis chapter 6 . 5/11/2012
Nice story. The title does fit to a degree, yet it has none of the plotting of Hamlet. Interesting.

Honestly, I like what you did with Sasaki's character, especially more toward the beginning. The 'Nagato loads Disappearance!Nagato' angle was a rather interesting one.

On the other hand, some of the major plot items seemed a bit sudden; for example, everyone's view of Kyon as having fallen to playerdom seems to evaporate quickly. Sasaki and Haruhi, though... That in itself was rather sudden; the transition away from 'kill each other' was a bit rapid, though the surprise twist worked well if that's what you were going for. Still, I'm not sure how well it fits to this version of Sasaki. Haruhi, meanwhile...

Still, it was rather good overall. You could've stretched it a bit further (as I would've recommended), but it still worked.

DemonRaily chapter 6 . 5/10/2012
One more awesome six chapter wonder, really enjoyed the fanfiction.

Yet I start to fear that The Shadow over Nishinomiya will end in six chapters or less as well...
shin-jim99 chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
Love the "Rosenkrantz And Guildenstern Are Dead" reference (you picked the perfect two minor characters for it) but there really should have been some coin flipping to start off, and random existential philosophy. Maybe you can end the story with everyone going off to the mysterious island, and Taniguchi explaining it all went wrong because they got on a boat.
ralf07 chapter 3 . 5/3/2012
I still dont see a connection to the title.

Thing had start going messy. Did the nagato is the one from dissapearance. How did asahina know that the timeline change. She not asahina(big). Is koizumi going to appear and will you include tachibana also. And what about fujiwara. Also which faction is taniguchi and kunikida in this fic.
ralf07 chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Hm.. Interesting. With how you combine both sos and anti sos into one club. The problem is the title. You should change the title. But if this story about what will happen if taniguchi and kunikida is dead then you got the right title. The title can be misleading about this fic.