Reviews for Why
Guest chapter 1 . 5/30/2015
It's Sooo Kawaii. I love to see fluff with Pit and DP. But I don't like them being shipped together
Gamewizard2008 chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Haha, and Pit did talk to himself. :P Dark Pit, if Pit was finished, YOU'D be finished. :P
Mrjlord11 chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Pittoe cant kill pit because pit saved him. Oh and it killed Pit. But Dark Pit resurected him:D
gizmo5225 chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Short yet funny. That's how i roll. I like it, it's a good question, although there's probably more to Pit's reason than just that. I like it, I hope others do to!
Curimuch chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
The thing about writing in first person is that you have to adopt the voice and vocabulary usage of the character you're writing. This makes it even easier to lose the voice and characterization

" "Pit, Why do you even bother? The humans will not change their greedy desires...Those goddesses and gods use you for their own selfish purpose. Why do you bother protecting humans and serving Palutena? " "

This sounds more like a summary than spoken dialog on both counts. Within quotations and the narration. There isn't personality there.

Also, Dark Pit is less neutral here and just more...angry. He sees the pros and cons of everything, and thinks about levering things as equally as possible; that's not present here. In this fic he is shown to hate everything which wasn't his point or his character.

His behavior towards the underworld army and Pit was an act of freedom and defense. The underworld wanted to make him theirs, and Palutena wanted Pit to eliminate him. So he was "Pretty aggro". Notice when both actions stop, he chills out by a great amount and displays the moral compass he inherited from Pit. When he discovers that they share a connection, his resolve for the right thing strengthens more. In chapter 22, he finds it that gods are the sickest of all who drag the world and humans into their petty wars, so he in fact does not hate or find humans at fault or in the wrong like gods.

He doesn't hate Pit. He finds his counter nature frustrating, but he doesn't hate or want to kill him-he wants him safe. The game leaves it in the air that he genuinely cares (Body language and expression) and that he wants to ensure his own existence (dialog). Neither hint to genuinely wanting to kill Pit. He's sassy and he taunts frequently, but there isn't anger.

A glimmer in the fic was when he admitted Pit had a point. He would always admit if someone had a point even if they're his opponent. He knows when to stop and not push.

There's also grammatical errors present. (this is another major awkward thing with first person.)A lot of run on sentences (most of this fic), typos, and misplacement of words.

"It drives me up the clouds thinking about Pit and no matter what I do...I keep on thinking about him it. "

This is an example of one. 'it' being there, etc. There's quite a few mistakes like those there.