Reviews for The Season's Trilogy I: Season Unending
Ohhhhh I like where this is going.
Isac chapter 19 . 9/27
Good, but only the dragons (in the game at least) mix dovazuhl with english, humans dont. Not even the greybeards
Isac chapter 15 . 9/27
Isac chapter 4 . 9/26
Good job, i like Tullius perspective, hope you do similar things later in the story
Isac chapter 3 . 9/26
Good as always, allthough i wonder if youre meaning
Arngeir when he Said Ulfric lacked control
Isac chapter 1 . 9/26
This is awesome, i am always looking for good roleplays of skyrim but had never really thought of fan fiction. Good job!
Skorcher007 chapter 69 . 5/22
Beautiful story. I really appreciated it.
Guest chapter 46 . 10/29/2014
Well, couldn't he have said that Paarthurnax is already dead?
Guest chapter 15 . 10/28/2014
Magic Steel. Now, maybe if they were sneaky...
Guest chapter 6 . 10/28/2014
Interesting concept - Jon vs Alduin without the Voice
Pollardinator chapter 32 . 10/6/2014
Liking this bit from the Imperial POV. Always good to see both sides being considered. My only real complaint is the very active role Tullius seems to be taking in combat. You've done a good job of showing how different the Imperials and Nords operate and think, so it just seems a bit odd that he would have literally led the charge during the last battle. As a general he should be behind the lines directing overall troop movements and tactics or be back in Solitude and delegating this kind of task to his officers. If you really want to show him in a battle scene, it might be better to have him at least being protected and aided by some elite troops bodyguards (maybe a troop of Penitus Occulatus
Pollardinator chapter 25 . 6/26/2014
An interesting chapter for sure, but one HUGE question has been at the back of my mind for a while now. How did the Stormcloaks win? Last time I saw they were being crushed between two divisions of Falkreath soldiers. How did any Stormcloak reinforcements get there so fast? This really need addressing because ,as far as i could see,there was no mention of HOW they won,just that they had. There really needs to be more information here about that. Its a major event in the Civil War after all. Also,isnt Falkreath right on the border with Cyroddill? Any Imperial reinforcements not coming by the sea route through High Rock are going to walk directly into a very lightly defended Stormcloak stronghold. The Stormcloak rebellion seems a lot more fragile than i first thought. Sorry to come off a bit critical but i felt they were important questions/problems that do need addressing. My next review should be a lot nicer don't worry!
Pollardinator chapter 13 . 6/26/2014
Wow. Some amazing ideas and detail so far. You've put a huge amount of thought into the world here,and it really shows. Skyrim feels like a real land, filled with tradition,politics and,of course,different levels of power. The idea to increase the size of the land was definitely worth it and really makes the whole province seem much bigger and filled with people (Something I myself have done in my own Skyrim fanfic). So far I like what you've done. Ralof seems much less of the headstrong and a bit flat character he was in game while Jon,although I havent seen a huge amount of character from him so far, seems to be a likeable and realistic hero (Especially the way he thinks a lot about living up to the traditional Nord way of life). I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with him in later chapters. And,even though I'm a die-hard Imperial (To the extent that in game I can genuinelly NEVER side with the Stormcloaks, Ulfric is proing somewhat likable. It's nice to see him be a bit less of the high and mighty lord he portrays himself as in-game. I hope that some of his less likable flaws and fears (Especially about the Dominion and the Great War) begin to come out later when they're relevant. Ulfric is no saint by any stretch of the imagination. I especially like the level of detail you're putting into adding your own little concepts in (While having a few nice little historical nods to Anglo Saxon and Scandanavian society) such as the Thane and housecarl system, and the various titles and names for official organisations and people. (The 'Plains Armies' part as especially interesting- an idea that,with your permission, I would like to use in my own Skyrim fanfic.) I'm looking forward to reading further soon enough.
CoteDegbear chapter 69 . 3/27/2014
Wonderful ending. Even to this point in your writing, you took time giving life to these characters. I've said it once and I'll say it again:
Here are beauties which pierce like swords and burn like cold iron.
Onward to Book Two.
CoteDegbear chapter 65 . 3/27/2014
Oh my God, Ralof's comment about Ysold remind me of my actual friends. Fucking Ralof!