Reviews for The Lingering Scent of Basil
Ember Nickel chapter 1 . 12/4/2012
Another nice twist on this pairing. Was the locket a nod to Regulus' Horcrux? That's where my mind went, anyway.
Morghen chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
Oh my Merlin, mew, this is fantastic!

I loved seeing some insight on what Molly thought about Regulus and Gideon's relationship. All that I had mentioned in my story is that she wasn't bothered by it, but I liked how you showed that she thought Reg was good for Gid and Gid was good for Reg. That little snippet of her visiting was just great. I couldn't imagine Regulus wanting to be in the middle of their visit so I really loved how he was in the living room - not too far away, but not intruding either.

AND BASIL! OMM, this is just the purrrfect (lol) fic to show what happened to her. The way that Gid brought her over to Molly was heartbreaking. Gah, and how Fabian was trying to fix what he had said about her being able to fend for herself was perfect. I loved how Bill and Charlie took care of her for Uncle Gid and Uncle Reg (OMM, them calling him uncle pretty much made me tear up! :L ) Asdfghjkl, I loved how she started sleeping with the locket (and how Molly eventually gave it to her) and how she started picking up cigarette buds! It's just really perfect. Animals do really miss their owners, I think, and you were able to capture that fantastically.

I also adored how you showed that Molly thought of Basil not only as her last link to Gid, but also as a symbol of happiness from two warring sides. That was just great!

I just completely and totally adore all of these companion fics! :)

autumn midnights chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
mew, you have been busy!

Five-year-old Teddy is so adorable. It's cute how he's already like a part of the Weasley family, and I can definitely picture young Teddy being Marauder-like.

I can definitely picture Gideon giving Basil to Molly; it makes sense that he'd want somebody to take care of her, and Molly's the obvious choice.

Poor Basil! It's realistic, that she misses Reg and Gideon, and the description of how she acted was definitely sad. I love the title, as well, and I love the whole premise of this fic. I'm loving these oneshots that tie into we will be the last ones standing; as always, wonderful job, mew! I love your characterizations of everyone as well, you've done a great job with that as well :D