Reviews for Marion's War Diaries
androidilenya chapter 39 . 6/10/2013
Congratulations on finishing this! I know it must have been a lot of work for you, and I am immensely thankful that you decided to share it with the world and that I was privileged enough to read this.
Marion was everything an OC should be - relatable, thoughtful, brave, and above all, human. You wrote her story perfectly, even to the heartbreaking end. And any story that can actually force tears from me is an incredible story.
I'm actually really sad that this story is over. I've really fallen in love with this girl and the way you write her. It'll be a shame to not be able to see that anymore - but I suppose I can always go back and reread this, and have no doubts about it, that's something I shall certainly be doing often.
This is one of my favorite stories ever.
Rest in peace, Marion.
And I thank the wonderful author once more from the bottom of my heart!
androidilenya chapter 38 . 6/10/2013
NOPE. Marion can't die - no no no she can't she deserves a happy ending -
*takes deep breath, reminds self it's illogical to cry over fictional characters, ends up doing so anyways*
(which may or may not be the story of my life, yes)
Kingsley's observations were great, though. And Marion breaking down like that (well, in her own way, at least)... I dunno, I just thought that was all really well written.
Marion's letter to Draco... aw.
And giving her diary to Adelaide was heartbreaking. That whole scene... and also that entire paragraph about ABC that's too long to copy/paste here but that was so perfect and profound and just like Marion to think something like that.
That ending. Oh, god, that ending.
I think you should know that I am ACTUALLY CRYING right now. It was so beautiful and sad and - and -
(I can't. I just... I can't.)
androidilenya chapter 37 . 6/10/2013
The little notes of realism in here are great - like the Ministry's financial troubles in the wake of a takeover and a war. And Kingsley seems like a great Minister.
Marion throwing away her knives was a nice touch. And her signature style in redecorating Rowle Manor - it sounds like a place I'd love to live in, once she's done. And the new name is great, too!
Um. Marion. Marion, are you okay? Marion, you're COUGHING BLOOD. That's not good and shouldn't you be a bit more alarmed? Thought... I guess... if you're used to it...
Marion's dinner with Umbridge was sorta the best and THAT LAST LINE. Oh my gosh, Marion, I love you. That was brilliant. I'm sure Umbridge isn't very happy but... totally worth it XD
androidilenya chapter 36 . 6/10/2013
I like how Marion seems to be able to keep a cool head during all this - sneaking up on the Death Eaters but not killing Thicknesse in the end 'cause she got spotted. If she'd been a more reckless person, she'd have probably killed him anyways, never mind the consequences.
Ah, and her point of view on the final few minutes of battle... that was great. I loved the line: "I stand back and let the future defeat what was past." Just... that seems so perfect.
That part with her father was great. And Neville... oh, Neville. I really admire him. And he was great right there.
androidilenya chapter 35 . 6/10/2013
(Have I saved the best for last? Maaaaaybe... well, this was the one I was looking forward to most, anyways XD)
Marion! And the Battle of Hogwarts has begun! I love her commentary on the earlier events - like Percy's little confessions. And then that super intense line from Draco.
And... Marion's dad appears out of nowhere and starts strangling her. I love how she can still think so analytically in a situation like that.
Wait. She just... crushed the deputy's head. Really easily. Wow. Hm, I like this killer side of her for some reason.
Marion and Percy interacting is sorta the best. And then... Fred. And heartbreak. Ow. That... hurt.
Illuin chapter 38 . 5/18/2013
Illuin sat back from the computer, the light from the screen glowing, illuminating the tears that shine on her face as she reads once more Marion's final words. It takes her several minutes to compose herself enough to write a review yet still she feels the grief for the girl who suffered through so much and who deserved such a life but it was taken from her. She cries.
Illuin chapter 37 . 5/18/2013
Noooooooo! What's happening to Marion?
I love this chapter-she finally gets her own back on Umbridge and in such an excellent way! Can't wait to read more
Riddlez3 chapter 34 . 4/14/2013
Cool! I luv this story, and am looking 4wurd to it's finale! Yep, sure will be a FUN-ale! Excuse the pun, but gr8 chapter, lookinfg forward 2 the next.
androidilenya chapter 34 . 4/13/2013
Whoa. That moved quickly. Battle of Hogwarts already? And Marion's casual 'okay time to kill Thicknesse' was pretty cool.
The scene at Dobby's grave was so sad :(
But now I can't wait for the next chapter! We're so close to the end - and that makes me sad, I honestly enjoy reading this soooooo much...
androidilenya chapter 33 . 4/13/2013
"But the greatest glory is not boasted of, not blasted out with trumpets. The greatest glory is the kind that flames inside, that does not fade when the celebrations are over and the players are dead. The greatest glory goes unseen, but never dies."
Dang, Marion, that was deep. Again. Some of the best lines in this fic are ones she just... says.
Interesting that she'd turn to writing as a way to help people. And I like how she helped Kingsley start Potterwatch - that was always one of my favorite parts of the book, when Harry and the others realized how far the resistance was going to help others - and help him.
Also, dramatic prophetic dreams for the win!
androidilenya chapter 32 . 4/13/2013
Well, I got behind here. Sorry about that. But this was a really eventful chapter! Snatchers coming out of nowhere - I got mad when they smashed that picture of Adelaide, that was particularly cruel. And then the book burning. Gr, the book burning. How dare they burn books.
But I loved this exchange:
"They're just paper, really."
"And you're just an overgrown ape, really." And then Marion's point about humans and animals - she has some of the most intense, most true replies to things like that I've ever seen.
And running into Kingsley!
Happiness and Hamsters chapter 32 . 4/11/2013
I never knew so much about Kingsley Shacklebolt's butter-spreading tendencies.. Anyway, brilliant chapter, and I look forward to the next :D
Happiness and Hamsters chapter 31 . 4/4/2013
Ooohh. Poor Marion. I may have said that last chapter, but it's really not good for her now... SAVE HER! I doubt you will though... :)
androidilenya chapter 31 . 4/3/2013
"All human beings yearn for freedom, yet we all seem determined to entrap each other." Wow, Marion, that's deep. In fact, basically everything in the first scene was super deep and thought-provoking.
And that trial was super intense. The way she had all those super sassy answers and was talking back to Thicknesse and then that amazing stroke of brilliance with calling Scrimgeour as a witness-
Marion's just awesome.
But really, I love her. And this was a great chapter.
androidilenya chapter 30 . 4/2/2013
Well that escalated quickly. It sounded like an okay plan (was there really a plan?) and also a great statement, but then... you know, people started dying and she only just got away and now she's on trial.
Marion's on trial.
Whoa.
This got really exciting and I can't wait for the next chapter!