Reviews for The True Story of Chandler Bing
AngelisticSatan chapter 1 . 5/6
so chandler is watching 10, and he loves it. meaning that he has seen it before multiple times. but 10 came out in 1979, and the story is in 1978. minor timeline error?
xx.Scarlett chapter 11 . 4/20
Hey hey! I wasn't going to review until I finished your story, but I just wanted to address your above authors note and give my critiques (and I'll be more brutal than I should be-bare with me here)

Ok, lets start with the negatives. Your grammar and sentence structure are mostly fine, but your word use is a bit repetitive and there seems to be a lack of correct punctuation. Overall, it could be better WRITTEN, as in the writing quality could probably improve somewhat. This is not to say that that your writing quality is horrible, and it's actually fine, but just saying it could probably get better.

As for overall plot, I feel like Chandler's life is a bit overdone... Like, I get that you need to fill a story and all that, but some of the things that happened? A threesome on the golf course? A mother giving her child more than a sip of alcohol at age eight? I might understand one or two drinks at 12, and if you were really into this whole "alcoholic thing" then maybe he'd wind up drunk once or twice by 14, but just writing in sips would probably have enough effects on Chandler at such a young age to have plenty of stuff to write about. Also, you'd think that Nora wouldn't hire a stripper for her son or read to him about sex at ten or below. Again, maybe 14, if she was a really bad mother, and ALSO still enough for a call from CPS, but 10 is just ludacris. And one more thing, it kind of bothered me how he already knew each one of the original friends before college. I get how he had a closer relationship with Sophie and he could have still accompanied her to her jobs, but it was a tad cliche that it happened to be the Geller household, complete with rachel, who he also just HAPPENED to meet at camp a few years later. Also, you'd think he'd have some triggered memory about a pale skinned, raven haired, blue eyed fat girl who became his only friend his age when he was young. Just saying. It'd make sense for Phoebe's and Ross's stories to intertwine, because she mugged him, but even that would be VERY brief. There would be absolutely no reason for Chandler to know Mike or Joey at this point. This should have been your opportunity to make OCs, like you did with Lizzie.

Speaking of Lizzie, on to the positives! I thought that the characters you created were VERY well done. Lizzie being my favorite. Although she didn't have much on a set of flaws, I love her caring nature and protectiveness of Chandler, and I like how she was the bold one. She makes a fairly likable love interest of the time being, if a bit Mary-Sue, I think she stands as one of my favorite characters so far. I also liked Chandler's Perry School friends. They were realistically done as high school boys, which was nice. I also liked some of the antagonists, such as Shane and Nancy. Nancy, first of all, was plenty realistic. I see it all of the time at my school: all of the popular girls, even if they're legitimately best friends, absolutely hate each other. They talk trash behind each others backs constantly. She was a bitch, but she was at least a little realistic in that respect. Shane, although I think the assault thing would NEVER have happened before sophomore year (like, NEVER), made a good bully. He wasn't the most clever, as almost none are, and he became a bully for a reason, which was to become popular at his new school where nobody really liked Chandler, back in eighth grade. I always hate an antagonist without a purpose. They're the most pesky characters. Also, even though I dislike the fact that you added in the original friends, I did like (for the most part) how they were portrayed. Joey was done to perfection, Monica was pretty in character, and as was Rachel. Ross, eh, kinda. Phoebe kinda, but not as much. Obviously you were a little off on the portrayal of young kids, but it's hard to do them at an older age. Starting high school, you seemed spot on.

Obviously, I could not have made it this far in your story if I didn't like it, and in fact, I do a lot. I think that your story concept is very interesting, and I liked seeing more about Chandler though out his life. Thank you for this series

Ok, so I'm off to read the rest of your story! I'll review if I have to address something, but if not, I'll see you at the end! :)
becabooxo chapter 12 . 4/8
like every chapter I read I'm in owe of how much effort you must have put into these. and they're soooo good dude.
becabooxo chapter 11 . 4/8
so I'm on chapter 11 and its 12:44am... I'm thinking I can finish by 11am if I try hard enough
Robin chapter 38 . 3/12
You're writing is so amazing. You give the characters so much more depth and, well, character! It makes the show so much more real to me. We all have baggage and we're all trying to figure it out. And when we have friends, friends as close as these, it's not so bad. Because they make our problems THEIR problems too. They help us through it. They stick with us. All because they love us and want us to be happy, to be okay. FRIENDS taught me many things, but the main thing is this: No matter how bad things get, true friends stand by you. Thank you for blessing us with your wonderful writing. Thank you.
I just really hate how you made it seem like Lizzie was Chandler's soulmate and Monica was just someone he had to settle for...
Nope, Nora will always be a terrible mother.
Hopefully Nora stops being a really bad mother.
That's so sad, Charles didn't even bother to say goodbye.
Guest chapter 61 . 9/26/2015
I have to say a really fantastic story of Chandler's life, it was really long but I guess it had to be done this way to really tell a great story, I think you did an excellent job and well written. I felt so bad for Chandler sometimes and it was really hard seeing him in such pain but I am happy he got his Monica in the end. I read some of your notes that early on in the story people didn't like Chandler with other women, but I think it was more realistic this way, it had to be a buildup and lets face it, there must be some other women in his life before Monica.
annakightley chapter 61 . 8/26/2015
I cried watching this CUZ some of it was just too sad :( but I love this! Four down, two to go! I can't wait to read Phoebe and Joeys- Chandlers is my new fav but I loved Monicas too. You're such a talented writer :)))))
Guest chapter 50 . 7/5/2015
I've been reading this story and should say that it is really well written and touching. Sometimes I think you push too much, as in this arc, I mean, it is too dark, too heavy, but I think that overall it is okay because the love and friendship of these characters are life saving. Great jobm anyway.
Guest chapter 61 . 6/11/2015
What an incredible saga! I've ready your true stories series and this one is just incredible. It's Chandler, after all. A lot of angst, so much, but it matches well with him to give him his witty sense of humor we all know, and kind of matches what was not intended to be part of Friends, but was part of the actor's - that played Chandler and gave him his body, life, which changed dramatically throughout the series for personal and unfortunate reasons. Anyway, great job, and together with Chandler's story, Monica's and Phoebe's are great as well. I like Rachel's and Ross' too, but they are not my favorite characters, so I was more touched by this one. Well done.
it was such a tragedy chapter 56 . 8/6/2014
I knew a long time ago that Joey was the father of Lizzie's child.

Sad this is almost over! :( But so happy it's enjoyable now, I was so close to giving up on this story a few times. :/
it was such a tragedy chapter 40 . 8/5/2014
I KNEW THE MONDLER HOOKUP WOULD BE CHAPTER FORTY! I didn't even look ahead! :D

I figured, 1-19ish was one stage of Chandler's life... 20ish-40 would be another... And 41-61 would be the stage in his life where he was with Monica.