Reviews for The Gentleman's Game
Pusha chapter 8 . 4/24
"Typed on this white background" -mine is gray-ish ;
Joking aside, I really had lots of fun reading this fluffy gala x miria story. I haven't been reading fanfictions for a while and seeing this story updated just puts a big smile on my face. I really like how them being so lovey dovey with each other. I wish my life had some of that fluff haha :)
Ann E. Casap chapter 8 . 4/22
Dolt. Now where have I heard that word from? XD
Random guest chapter 7 . 11/3/2015
Dies irae is right!
Ann E. Casap chapter 7 . 11/3/2015
Oh Jesus...
The Lazy Marshmallow chapter 6 . 8/14/2015
You...I don't could you do such a thing? The last chapter ended on such a cliffhanger and here I was all happy and anticipating more awkward Miria and I get angst instead.

You, clever author, you. Now, that I've calmed somewhat I'm impressed at how effortlessly your writing has lead me to care about the characters and the world you have established for them. From the way you've written Galatea, I didn't expect her to break down so that made that scene all the more emotional.

However, I did get a little lost as to the location of that final scene. I do know it was in the present but was Galatea at a concert and the memories just came back or was she at home and Miria away on business?

Apart from that confusion, I did like this chapter and how you showed the difference in their personalities and approaches to showing their love. I thought it was very in character for Miria to be the one to put her thoughts in writing and for Galatea to take the more direct approach.

Thanks again for the update. As always looking forward to the next.
The Lazy Marshmallow chapter 5 . 8/14/2015
Oh, damn I never thought I'd type this but lovestruck Miria is quite adorable.

As this is an AU, it is a given that your interpretation of Miria will differ from the manga, so I liked how you alluded to some of her canon characteristics such as her sense of responsibility and how listless she gets with some time on her hands. You've created a nice contrast between young Miria and older Miria who seems a lot more content to idle her days away.

I did laugh when reading the bit about Galatea being mild mannered, but you rectified that with a nice comic touch. Now I'm wanting a drinking contest scene, but only if time allows. I bet Helen could make a worthy opponent.

Perhaps, some improvement could be made to the description concerning the scene with Miria and her shoes such as maybe a brief mention as to the game she was playing. Apart from that, another good chapter. I should find the whole love at first sight thing cheesy but with Deneve's teasing and Miria's reactions to Galatea this was a very funny chapter.

Thanks for the update.
Ann E. Casap chapter 6 . 8/7/2015
This is so touching and heartfelt..! It's so sweet and sad at the same time! Damn it, KG! Why you gotta string up my emotions like this? XD
The Lazy Marshmallow chapter 4 . 7/9/2015
As someone who knows very little about cars, those scenes turned out to be the highlight of the chapter. The extra description was most welcome as was the sense of playfulness present between Galatea and Miria throughout. I enjoyed the dynamic they displayed when they were trying to impress each other and I love when Miria gets all competitive.

It's nice to see a chapter that focuses more on Galatea and I liked the subtle touches that you included in regards to her feelings for Miria especially about the 24 hour clock. The only nitpick I have is a proof-reading issue as there are several extra words in some of the sentences but overall they did not stop me from enjoying the chapter.

As for the car they were driving, with my lack of knowledge I'm going to have to pass. Honesty, I have no clue. Looking forward to the next chapter and wish you the best of luck for your future writing. Thank you again, for continuing with your story.
Ann E. Casap chapter 4 . 7/1/2015
NnnnnnnnggggghhhhhhhhhAAAAAAAAA! I know the answer, though! XD haha! Unicorn fart mumbojumbo.
The Lazy Marshmallow chapter 3 . 5/2/2015
Welcome back from your hiatus.

I've missed your story as it is one of the rare ones with GalaMiri as a couple as opposed to a couple in the making which makes reading their little moments all the more enjoyable. The lighthearted conversation involving their vices displayed well the depth of trust between them. I felt you struck the right balance between humour and seriousness during that talk.

From this chapter it seems that Miria has several unsolved demons from her time away and it will be interesting to see that play out. I also got the impression that Galatea seemed the younger of the two but that could be due to the differences in their life experiences.

Good luck with your writing and thank you for updating.
Ann E. Casap chapter 3 . 4/7/2015
Thank you very much, JF. :_) it means a lot.

This chapter was so beautiful, too. It's not too tragic and it balances out with good ol' GalaMiri lovin. at the end.
Drifting Reader chapter 2 . 8/16/2012
This is good. Update! Update! Update! Update!
god eye gala chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
"anything you want" love that line. this is awsomely funny
The Lazy Marshmallow chapter 2 . 7/25/2012
Miria with a homemade shooting range? That's just brilliant.
It's good that you went into details about the taking of the shot and the weapons and I like how we gained insight into Miria's views.
Galatea seems as crazy as ever and I must say that the banter between them is rather enjoyable.
But I do like this ambiguous angle to their relationship, well on Miria's side at least.
Great chapter.
Looking forward to more.
Ann E. Casap chapter 2 . 7/24/2012
Good god. I would love to live in their mansion; no neighbors, sea of rolling hills, a wine cellar and garden, and best of all, a freaking shooting range. Oh goodness. Well I certainly enjoyed this chapter better than the last. It had more GalaMiri fluff which shows the reader the dynamics of their relationship. I also loved how classy and elegant you made them. Excellent work.