Reviews for Fortunate Son
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 2 . 10/29/2014
Indeed he is sadly he's a good guy in a bad situation
Lynn W chapter 2 . 4/4/2013
I should go.
ShiftySpaceCow chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Hah... Spacebook...
FloridaMagpie chapter 2 . 6/5/2012
Love where this is going, but I'm curious: who's your *first* favorite ME russian?
FloridaMagpie chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
I love that somebody is doing this with jacob. Hes a great character who deserves better than Bioware or the fan base has given him this far. Sorry about OCS, and my sympathies on your reaction to the tricolor obscenity that was me3's ending. If it's any consolation, the response seems to be universal. Here's to some serious improvement in the "extended cut!"

Anyway, as far as your story goes, color me interested.
Janizary chapter 2 . 5/29/2012
"Upgrades" - /Shudders...

Change to Ash/Shep headcannon - Big thumbs up. I didn't ask, specifically, but I love it nonetheless.
Janizary chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Glad to see you're back. Sorry to hear about your interview.

How you got out of the mine continues to elude me...

I am NOT a Jacob fan, however, as usual, you've done something to prod me into liking the view you've given. Kudos.

I know this is about Jacob, but that little aside with Ash put in mind of your Ash N7 stories. I'd LOVE to see an Ash Spectre story that takes place during Shep's incarceration. Your Ash fics are the best on this site. Hand's down.
darkerego chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Great start. Too bad you didn't get comissioned, but I'm sure an oppurtunity will present itself.
Iknowtoomuch chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
It's good that you're back, but I really wish you didn't have so many different Mass Effect canons. I honestly loved your first one.
BeGodlyBeLynn chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Yay! You're back! I'm loving this story so far. Yes, I too dislike the shit Jacob is getting. It's like, whenever someone happens to do something fans don't agree with, the character is vilified. Oh, and genocide is okay but being human totally isn't. T_T

By the way, I totally thought of Eagle Strike. Like the beginning of Eagle Strike. Good stuff.

Is there a character you DON'T like in the Mass Effect series? Like, a major character. Heeeheee. :p
battlebat35 chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Glad to have you back, man. Sorry bout things turned out for you. But it's nice to have you back.

Like your Jacob. Honestly, never understood why people hated him, glad to see that potential put to use here. It's in general hard to find a character who has it all together and harder to find it done well. Never understood why, being a soldier, he opted for a jumpsuit instead of a hard suit.

Even though you used kai leng here, I think that you might be better served by creating a new nemesis for Jacob. Kai leng is more of a foil for Shepard than Jacob. Kai Leng contrasts Shepard as the N7 badass who was xenophobic and loyal to Cerberus. More of a blood knight to Shepard's white knight.

Jacob doesn't really fit that bill, so my recommendation is that another nemesis show up for Jacob, such as a Centurion or Phantom that Jacob used to know. someone who found their place with Cerberus while Jacob is still in the wind. Or, given his dislike of Thane, have his counterpart be a mercenary/assassin.

Pacing wise, you might be served by a slower pace. While it's a nice cold open, I would have given Jacob a little more time to think on the beach about helping Dr. Cole. This is a story about Jacob's contemplation, so let him contemplate. No description of thought process needed; it can be as simple as showing him walking on a beach, silently reacting to the environment. Granted, now that he is off world, that won't work, but give him time. Jacob isn't one to rushed into anything.

That said, I can't wait to see what happens next! Hope I helped your thought process in some way.

P.S. It would be interesting to see your take on Dr. Archer.
S058 chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Why the Bloody Hell would " over-cautious nature" impact your officer performance? Seriously, I'm not a military expert, but even I know being overcautious can be useful most of, it not all of the time!

Still, this looks interesting, I'll keep a eye on it.