Reviews for A Call to Arms
Reading this to refresh my memory, for the purpose of composing my own version. It will be hard to top this one, though - only thing missing was a Neville/Luna kiss!
Jbrowne26 chapter 33 . 1/15
The dying scenes were so perfect and so heartbreaking. Well done.
Jbrowne26 chapter 5 . 1/14
And really enjoying the story so far. Ginny‘s struggles are believable and so well-written. The build up and revelations are well-paced and it feels like we are getting an inside picture of the horror of what happened at Hogwarts while the trio were away. I find myself really despising the Carrows, watching for signs of Snape’s secret allegiances, and rooting for McGonagall. I loved the inclusion of Hagrid. Looking forward to continuing to read the next chapters!
WizMonCruWil chapter 36 . 1/11
While I am disappointed that there was no Neville/Luna kiss, I do understand you were working off the book and not the movie.

I did, however, love all the little romances: Padma Patil and Anthony Goldstein. Ernie Macmillan and Hannah Abbott. With minor characters like these, you really gave them their day in the sun. Let us see the battle through their eyes.

I was stunned that Lavender Brown pulled through, given that her ultimate fate in the book and movie is left uncertain.

Runcorn (the guy Harry impersonated to bluff his way into the Ministry) being the one to kidnap Luna was a nice touch. I wonder, was he Confunded or had he just become radicalized to Voldemort’s regime on his own?

Outstanding piece of work! By the way, you hit 1,100 reviews on June 16th, 2017. Congrats for reaching 1,200 on January 11th, 2022!
statetech0 chapter 7 . 1/11
So, if there are Disillusionment Charms that make people invisible and they bump into each other... What's the point of having an Invisibility Cloak, even if one of the few in existence is with Harry and not even here in the castle?

Ginny and Neville clearing the air was sweet! I liked it, and can now breathe easy again. But I still want that Neville/Luna slow burn, please!
triojediknights chapter 6 . 1/11
OK, that attempted kiss? No. Just no. Maybe you could say it was misconstrued, maybe you could say Neville is stressed and confused, but come on! He should know that Ginny is waiting for Harry! I was feeling confident that he and Ginny wouldn't take a turn like this, even if nothing happened. The platonic scenes are much better, and you shouldn't have taken that entrance ramp.

But while we're on the subject of romance... are we going to see Neville and Luna develop deeper feelings? Because a kiss between them is something I DEFINITELY want to see!
CaliforniaTexasNorthCarolina chapter 6 . 1/11
I like the rationale you're giving Ginny here. She's more than somebody who is hot-tempered and would charge in without thinking. For the first time, she's having to act like the older child, and is considering others. The fact that this is putting her in direct disagreement with Neville and Luna makes that all the more intriguing. It's interesting to have one of the leaders have to come around to a commitment on rebellion.
LawrenceDaddarioWatsonStewart chapter 5 . 1/11
I know your dialogue is supposed to reflect the Carrows' accents, but it can be a little bit hard to discern. It's like I'm trying to read grammatically incorrect, misspelled words written by a Republican on Facebook.
StarPotterTwilightHunger chapter 4 . 1/11
Great! Now we have the 1998 version of fake news circulating Hogwarts. Besides, shouldn't Slytherins, and not the brilliant Ravenclaws be into shit like hoaxes and magical QAnon?
Katnibellamione chapter 3 . 1/11
I like how Ginny and Neville can show affection and concern platonically. It's sweet...

But why would Snape spare Ginny and embarrass the Carrows?
ClintonBush43Obama chapter 2 . 1/11
The introduction to the first years as so sweet! And I think Neville had better hope he, instead of Seamus, doesn't murder any Death Eater teachers!
WizMonCruWil chapter 1 . 1/11
The Sorting Hat singing sedition! This is gonna be GOOD!
As far as I'm concerned, this is canon. What a fantastic read and great insight into so many wonderful characters!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/28/2021
No doubt this topic has been done before, but judging from the response you received, and just a feel of your prose in this first chapter, this is likely one of the better attempts. The way you debate the question of worth - who deserves to be placed in trust with regards to the DA and who does not - is particularly potent. You've given Ginny and Neville and Luna a Trio banter all their own. It flows and it works.
Guest chapter 37 . 8/29/2021