Reviews for The Boy with the Water
Fanfic Allergy chapter 1 . 10/5
This was a lovely little fic. I especially liked the last line.
sad but good
Surfle chapter 1 . 3/28
Amazing. I nearly had tears in my eyes
Sassy Lil Scorpio chapter 1 . 12/26/2013
Wow. I really liked this. Normally, I see Cato as just hating Katniss because she got the 11 in training and that he felt he had to outdo her. However, I like that your story shows Cato has respect for Katniss and although he knows he has to kill her, that he will give her a quick ending. I also like that he gave her credit for the battle they had. Although this battle didn't happen in your story (it seemed to happen beforehand), you get the sense that both Cato and Katniss gave it their all. I also like that Cato reflects on Enobaria being his mentor, what she taught him-even him using Peeta's actual name was a great touch. It just really showed how much he respected Katniss...and how difficult it will be to kill Clove when the time comes. Great story!
PhoenixPulse chapter 1 . 11/12/2013
I always envisioned that the Careers had some heart in them. I mean, they are still children after all, and I really do think they harbored humanity, it was all just lost in the Games because ruthlessness was how they were trained-and of course, who wouldn't want to go home?

I'll be honest, it bothers me to no end when I hear people spew comments on how much they hate the Careers. LIke seriously? Don't hate the kids that were raised not knowing any better-hate on the Capitol!

But I really do love this human take on Cato! It was truly well done. Good job and thank you for the great read!
Radio Free Death chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
This was an incredibly interesting read. I followed everything with ease and I wasn't disappointed by the turn of events. The obvious being is that you gave Cato actual character and not make him pointlessly sadistic or a tortured woobie baby. Clove fits as well as being unhinged and enjoying it all a bit too much, but you also don't point fingers and drum it into people's heads that she's evil evil evil either. You provided a really interesting portrayal of all the characters, including the moniker, which isn't something like The Boy with the Blade. I enjoyed reading it. I hope you'll keep writing. (:
Ninazadzia chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Human Cato is hard to write, and you NAILED IT. Loved every second of this, even the implications of how effed up Clato is. You also nailed Clove's character. I always imagined Cato as having a heart in the sense that he cares about people he's close to, but has a short fuse and hates anyone that gets in his way. So even though this didn't register with my specific version of him, you made this work beautifully. Absolutely loved this.
xx Nina
Estoma chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
Wow. That was a soft side of Cato without being completely overboard. I really liked that one. Great writing and characterization.
Seph's Madisen Moss chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
This story is so wonderfully, terribly tragic, thank you so much for writing it. I really love how you gave Cato a human side and Enobaria was wonderfully written. As for my reaction I loved it, but I was most definitely crying as well. Good job. You attached the reader to the character amazingly well. Have a great week,

n0tafangirl chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
that was sad but still very VERY good
Insert a Catchy Penname Here chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Whoah...poor Katniss :( Wow, Cato DOES have heart
peanutbutterQueen chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Aw! Poor Cato! Did he like Katniss, or did he just think she was good competition? Amazing either way xD
Hiki-nii chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
That was really pretty. My complaint with Mrs. Collins' work is that sometimes her underdeveloped characters. Yes, they are villians, but that doesn't mean they lack humanity. I feel like you really captured that lost humanity here.
Colemet Milinia chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Ok, I'm usually not a fan of Katniss-dying-and-Cato-succeeding stories, but this was AMAZING. I LOVED it! The story was very surreal and well written, bringing out an original idea that I never would've thought of. This is great, you did an awesome job! :D
EmUntitled chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Aw that's sad. Nice to see a less evil side to Cato (although you made Clove extra evil to make up for it). To be honest, a needle through the eye seems like a pretty horrible way to kill someone but what do I know?