Reviews for Shadows of Life
luna411 chapter 1 . 3/13
Has to be one of the best I've read, and I've been reading FanFiction for around 6 years at least now.
kokoronagomu chapter 19 . 3/7
love hiko!

i know that they have the oniwabanshu, saitou (if they reach him), soukiro and possibly enishi but it would be nice to see hiko waiting on the periphery to eliminate the guy if kenshin fails. i kind of liked the four going at shishio at the same time in the last live action movie, it had a sort of symmetry to it and sano made for some unique comic relief...
gin
squeakygirl chapter 19 . 2/18
I can't describe how much I absolutely love this story and how grateful I am that you are writing it! I hope writing the last chapters gets easier for. I eagerly await more! _
Lenuo chapter 18 . 10/8/2014
Hi! So happy that you have decided to continue this story! I remember when I started to read it - it was a couple of months after the chap 16 was published - and thought to myself: "shame the author hasn't been publishing in a long time, I guess I will never get the end of the story". Anyway I really love your story and the way you are writing! Thank you for the great work and keep it up! :D
g14c1nta chapter 18 . 8/11/2014
You really have a way with words, this story moved me beyond any others. I am a fan of RK, and Kaoru is one of my fave cast, but there were times I didn't feel it justified enough on her, although I could see in the subtle ways and what transpired in most of the version that Kaoru is important. Kaoru, as a woman, a wife ,a mother, a comerade, a daughter, a pillar of strength, thank you for your elaboration on her character and her role, this is one of the best * }- \(0*)/ luv it as well for Enishis surprise appearance on ch 18. i hate the ova of Reflection, even Watsuki san didnt agree with that. Btw i couldnt wait to watch the latest RK movie๑๑ Arigatou for updating, take care
kokoronagomu chapter 18 . 8/11/2014
it's been so long since i had read and reviewed... like three or four chapters (a lot happened...grand-babies and being forced into becoming a day-care). wow, i have tears in my eyes. i hope that he realizes that if he hurts her too much she won't be able to fight...

looks like she's been making allies... what good they will be is anyone's guess. this is a very emotionally charged story. hoping for the happy ending, without too much agony for kaoru or the others.
gin
fanficnewbiee chapter 17 . 3/4/2014
Yes I'm still around and I enjoyed the chapter. Thanks for sharing. No need to apologize you have been blessed with a precious gift and I am quite happy that you took the time from your busy life to continue. Thanks again.
Merlynne2 chapter 16 . 7/14/2013
Hmm?! Savior? Hope the new live action movie inspires you to write more. I just read they're breaking the Kyoto arc into two movies, w the first release in summer 2014. Can't wait!
Princess of Mirkwood2 chapter 16 . 6/15/2013
Write more soon love it.
lunarlegend11 chapter 16 . 5/25/2013
Oh. My. God. WHY DO YOU HATE ME?! Did I do something to you that I have no memory of? If so, I am very, very, very, very, very sorry! I will sell my soul in penance. But I beg of you... PLEASE DON'T TAKE SO LONG NEXT TIME! That wait was pure torture! I practically died! My heart probably stopped beating sometime over the last few weeks!

I don't think I can withstand it again...

BTW, loved it! :)
fanficnewbiee chapter 16 . 5/25/2013
Thanks for the update! Congratulations!
Merlynne2 chapter 15 . 4/15/2013
Can't wait to read more. You've got to complete this story! Very gratifying to have an appearance from the Tenken! Love the flashbacks; the proposal seemed right on. Can't wait to hear the flashback of Kenji's birth. Don't forget to take us back to Sano and Aoshi. I know you've got something great planned for them, too.
Beautiful imagery. Well done with characterization for Kenshin and Kaoru who are no longer actively performing the same roles they donned six years ago. Age is a reality that Kenshin would have to face. Thanks for showing it. I'd like to see Kaoru as a mother more. I really liked how Kenshin told her that a father is not a replacement for a mother. Love the fact that Kenji is around and that this story is about family. That scene between father and son was so precious. There is life after marriage! One criticism, though: Kenshin needs to man up and provide for his family financially- without having to be asked.
Overall, I applaud your effort to create a sensible, character driven fic. It's been fun to sink into this story and explore these characters in another season of their lives. Fantastic work! Hope to read more in the near future.
the Dah chapter 15 . 2/21/2013
I like the concept that the reason why Kenshin lost ability to Hiten Mitsurugi was because he has been lazy in physical training. It kind of fits canon, as during the wandering years and at the dojo in Tokyo, he mainly trained with his Ki, did kata rarely and all around slacked off with consistent training. And considering how buff Hiko is still at even greater age, he should be able to help Kenshin get in shape even though Kenshin has alot more old injuries. After all, at the age of nearing forty Kenshin is not total invalid and thus incapable of getting better... after all we have seen men in their sixties doing body building succesfully. It IS slower going and harder, and has to be done carefully as muscles and joints are frailer... but it can be done.
fanficnewbiee chapter 15 . 1/4/2013
I guessed right for the mystery fighter. I hope Kaoru can be saved. Thanks for the update!
MonNos chapter 15 . 1/3/2013
sojiro ...! are you kidding me? how can she face him?
i hope you'd get the time to update soon :)
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »