Reviews for One Step at a Time
electric gurrl chapter 1 . 5/24
This made me smile. It was beautifully written.
Riladell chapter 1 . 2/19
You mentioned this in some other fanfics, and I was glad to see I am not the only one who was concerned about that stupid window above her bed. I remember when I saw this window first time in the game and my first thought was "Are you kidding? She just died in a space when the stars were the last thing she saw! Whose sick idea was to put that window above her bed?!" I was surprised this fact was never mentioned in the game. Or may be I missed something. Well at least I haven't seen it to be mentioned in the most popular fanfics of other authors here either. Though the problem with "being spaced" and "looking into the void with stars while lying in the bed trying to sleep" was very obvious to me the whole time.
Actually-Fen-Harel chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
You are a true wordsmith. You really need to write a book. I would buy it.
My Fluffy Scarf chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
So, uh...I should admit I've officially gone fangirl on your ass and gone and read everything you've posted...well, almost everything. Just one more to go. And I have to say I think this one is my favorite oneshot so far. :)
MistEternal chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Really beautiful! I like how you're giving us all this great background stuff that the game doesn't give us (just hints at) in your fics. All the ones I've read so far have been really well written. 3
MorningAngel9 chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
I loved this story. I loved how sweet and understanding Garrus was to Shepard. He reads her like nobody's business. Loved the stories he was telling to distract her :)
Charis77 chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Love it! Well written and so fun to read! Love the Shepard background, too. I went with a totally different background, so I enjoyed reading how the background you chose impacts her.
AnneRene chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Just finished ME 3 and I gotta say, Zakarian/Fem. Shep, my FAVORITE combo.

I don't write Fanfiction, I just write straight up fiction, but I gotta say, I LOVE reading it. And tarysande writes it well!

Keep it coming, I nearly bawled my eyes out when I finished the game. I get a little too attached to the characters.
One Over Infinity chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Beautiful. Absolutely breathtaking.

The weight of every step, every word, every memory fall heavily into the deep well of emotion that you've portrayed here.

In a way, this is a heart-wrenching story of courage. To know exactly what can be lost, to face every fear echoed in your wounded heart, and to keep on going. To find the strength in duty and companionship to slowly mend the wounds that cannot simply be healed with time.

Tarysande, I salute you.

1/x
TheFennecFox chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
So romantic :) It's sweet and so endearing 3
Stormflite chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
And here I am going "nyaah" all over again, dammit! My immediate reaction to this bit in the game was that Shep had to be freaking out - especially at the last bit of the walk. Still nothing compared to what she must have been feeling when they have to escape the ship, however. Which is why Gerrel gets thrown off the ship. Every damn time. xD

Garrus' snort came through loud and clear. "You want I should patch you back in to Joker?

Only line I found that could be fixed. :)
Eternity's Angel of Mercy chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
Very lovely, very moving. You write beautifully!
Diclonious57 chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
I can understand why shep is afraid of stars, garrius is garrius so awesome yeah
Amber Penglass chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
Oh, my...that was lovely. You captured very well what I thought Shepard might be feeling/thinking during that portion of the game, and the extrapolation to include Garrus was VERY elegantly done. I can't say his much I loved this! Thank you for sharing!
ZoEva chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
This story filled me with so many quietly beautiful things that, halfway through, I had to stop... just for a bit. And I let it sink into me a bit further. The dying, the fright, and then that imagery of Shepard hiding and the little boy-I had such a long, falling feeling picturing it. So sad. So beautiful.

And Garrus. He was SO GARRUS.

It bothered me severely that Shepard was so unaffected in this part of the game. I felt myself panicking in her stead, worried, and you really managed to pull at everything I wanted to see in game.

Lovely, lovely work once again. Can't wait for the next one!