Reviews for One Step at a Time
DeadAccount2000 chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
Very lovely, very moving. You write beautifully!
Diclonious57 chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
I can understand why shep is afraid of stars, garrius is garrius so awesome yeah
Amber Penglass chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
Oh, my...that was lovely. You captured very well what I thought Shepard might be feeling/thinking during that portion of the game, and the extrapolation to include Garrus was VERY elegantly done. I can't say his much I loved this! Thank you for sharing!
ZoEva chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
This story filled me with so many quietly beautiful things that, halfway through, I had to stop... just for a bit. And I let it sink into me a bit further. The dying, the fright, and then that imagery of Shepard hiding and the little boy-I had such a long, falling feeling picturing it. So sad. So beautiful.

And Garrus. He was SO GARRUS.

It bothered me severely that Shepard was so unaffected in this part of the game. I felt myself panicking in her stead, worried, and you really managed to pull at everything I wanted to see in game.

Lovely, lovely work once again. Can't wait for the next one!
rebelbridgeburner10 chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Liked. There's a mix of sweetness, humor, tragedy, and hope as in the games. And the kind of fan fic that's my favorite. Just adds a bit of the human touch that was sometimes missing.
Snowybiscuit chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
I read this story on a whim and I'm glad I did. The window over Shep's bed never made any sense to me given that she was spaced. I would imagine an experience like that (even without the oxygen leak) would make a person seriously agoraphobic. I think your story captured it perfectly. I also think you captured the bond between Garrus and Shep perfectly. Nice work!
Natsuki chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
I am always fond of seeing Garrus be an adorkable, smart (these things are not contradictory!) support to Shepard, and notice things about her that her other crew doesn't or can't comment upon. This hit that fondness, so thank you.

"At any other time, the distressed choking noise he uttered would have made her laugh. "Stop. Patching you through to Joker. Right now.""

This actually made me laugh aloud. He thinks he's so smooth, and then winds up putting his foot in his mouth and chewing. Awkward. D'aww.

"... I rest, you rest. Pull up a pillow."

Yay! Callback to the 'I'll sleep when I'm dead. / I know where you sleep.' convo. I really like this aspect of the Garrus/Shepard relationship. It's not just about physicality, it's about caring for the other person's health and sanity.

Thank you for writing this!
servantofclio chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
YES. I couldn't believe Shepard was so nonchalant about that in-game.
dragonlover131313 chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Okay this is what NEEDED to happen in game. Heck I was nervous when that part came up and Shepard reacted like it was nothing. This was wonderfully written and I just adored Garrus in this and the whole part with the stars just wonderful. Really really really liked this.
Kitarri chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Very sweet - loved it
anonymous moose chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Brilliant. Absolutely goddamn brilliant. Captured their respective voices perfectly.
26 | « Prev Page 1 2