Reviews for The Sky is No Limit
neverending000 chapter 3 . 11/12/2014
Neat story this is good no dark/super strong ichika or like super intelligent, he's normal like he was in canon , I found Travis's humor hilarious and the story is very interesting I can't wait to see the way you take this story good work.
templar627 chapter 3 . 7/22/2014
Pretty interesting story here. It's a nice twist on all the other IS stories I've seen on this site. I really hope you choose to continue this. Just as a point on the shielding you could always call it nano-bot techno wizardry.
Ressan chapter 1 . 12/25/2013
Seems like a good story, and with a nice touch of no IS academy for the au setting.
DaGunth chapter 3 . 10/3/2013
"You idiot! You have no idea how many enemies you've just made!"
"That's fine. It'll save me the trouble of counting."

THAT is how canon Ichika should have been like. This story is a prime example of how to write fanfiction- keep most of the elements that make up the original, but change enough that it's a different story entirely. I'm sorry to see that you've apparently given up writing all together, judging by your last update. If you start writing again, I'd love to see more of this!
Fireminer chapter 3 . 7/26/2013
Well, what can I say about this? Simply beyond words! You have broken the border, and that's simply... Majestic!
aalliiccee chapter 3 . 4/26/2013
Just caught up to this, hope you can continue.
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 3 . 12/9/2012
Donno about Ideon, but Gurren Lagann's cousin thrice removed would have been great too.
UnlimitedFreeIceCream chapter 3 . 12/5/2012
Loving this story! Update again soon!
Enlightened End chapter 3 . 11/29/2012
Possibly one of the few IS fanfic on this site that can boast to have a tangibly laid out plot that can reach to fruition. Unique plotline that deviates to surprising epicness and gripping tale.
Almark chapter 3 . 11/29/2012
Holy crap. I laughed really hard.
Travis is absolutely amazing. xD The battle was great. Camilla is... funny. I guess.
And a pretty strange terrorist.
Oh well!
It was very enjoyable!
Thank you for sharing.
Grosstoad chapter 3 . 11/7/2012
-tries to find the Next button-
. . .
-fails-

TRAAAAAVIS!

-coughs-
Interesting so far. Will be keeping watch.
Not sure why it isn't Cecilia and Blue Tears instead of Rin and her IS here, but plot progression is yours to reorder.

Of course, it had to be asked, if Ichika had once been kidnapped to cause trouble for the elder Orimura on the IS tournament before, why aren't there protection detail for Ichika now? Is her station less famous now, as an ex-Bryn and IS school instructor?

Keep up the good work.
Yo chapter 3 . 11/3/2012
I must have grown a large head too, because mulling over the chapter, I find my criticisms to be melodramatic. The AI likely will be fine as long as it stays 'reasonable'. The flow probably just needs some tweaks & better scene breaks.

Hmm, the issues with Ichika & Camilla still irk me though. As you already know, most of my issues with Ichika stem from the first chapter - I feel it is leading the plot direction while the proceeding chapters go another direction. I suppose the next chapter will (should) finalize them...

Anyways, I hope I'm still providing something useful. Otherwise, everything else is spectacular.
Yo chapter 3 . 10/31/2012
First off, I am glad that my review was able to provide you with things to think about. In hindsight, it's more negative than I was hoping for. I was browsing all the stories in the Infinite Stratos section before I landed on your story & another one - the lack of inspiration in this section soured my mood & I apologize for that. I was going to make this more of a response than a chapter review, but FernandelDeLaFrance's review make me skim through the chapter...

Travis makes me worried. The reason I say this is that if this story stays anywhere near canon, there will be a massive amount of characters. Since you have an AU plot, out you have additional characters as needed to push things forward, which will naturally make the cast even larger. The problem, as I see it, is that stories with massive casts rarely get far & if they do, they more rarely finish. Infinite Stratos has a massive cast from the get-go, so purposely adding an AI as a character rather than a tool means you have to spend more thought-power & screen time on it. Furthermore, if Ichika teams up with even a single ally, you'll immediately have multiple conversations running at once & if there a central command issuing on-the-fly orders or intel... That all sounds like a total pain.

An actual issue is the flow. The mental conversation added flavor to the battle & lots of snark that illustrate the different tone you are taking with the plot, but absolutely no sense of time or seriousness. It wasn't a battle anymore - it was turn-based game. What was the trope, talking is a free action? You did mention in the prior chapter than mental talking in more or less instantaneous, but it didn't feel that way. Even the flow wasn't even - you had paragraphs of mental chatter with an occasional action or reaction chucked in with paragraphs with nothing but action & imagery. Heck, how long did the battle take & what was everyone but Natasha & Rin doing? I will have to disagree with FernandelDeLaFrance on this matter.

FernandelDeLaFrance, has a point that there is time to bring in the subplots, but his following points regarding Ichika are what I was mainly trying to get at. Those subplots would have done much good to show & not tell that Ichika is different. That's a major point of this story, right?

On that, the conversations with Camilla were disappointing. I was not expecting that out of a realistic, mercenary, professional, who's heard of the Orimuras. Ugh, & such a failure in regards to the Gargoyles. Additionally, Ichika is far too tempermental & aggressive for someone who's not only completely new, but is supposedly focused on the background aspects of ISes. And renown for that. Which is why, I presume, Camilla said the Orimuras rather than Chifuyu.

In the end, the issue is that you've told us Ichika, if I recall correctly, is going to be the brains behind Chifuyu's skills. The political moderator. Whelp, why is Ichika acting like one of the twelve-year-olds playing BF3/MW4? After he broke out to the surface, he should have at least tried to get an actual IS pilot to guide him instead of relying on an AI with an attitude (no, Alpha, teenagers with an attitude are not a good thing). Rin should've been one at the very least.

Uh, so yeah, still pretty negative. Sorry about that. I think I might stick around for another chapter. I guess I have too much mental involvement with this now, hah hah.
LordsFire chapter 3 . 10/23/2012
Again, very solid narrative style, with the pacing, character interaction, and characterizations. Parts of it were still rough spelling/grammar wise, but that improved towards the end of the chapter, so I suspect it may be a result of you having a hard time 'pushing the writing out.'

I know that even though I'm usually one of the most technically competent writers in the fanfic community, when I'm 'forcing,' my grammar can go to hell; I've been outright disgusted with myself when I reviewed some of the things I wrote at such times. I'd heavily recommend you do self-audit read-through, or find a beta if you can; again, I'd offer to do it myself, but I'm too booked.
LordsFire chapter 2 . 10/23/2012
The story is developing well, and in an interesting direction.

The spelling and grammar, however, got a *lot* worse in this chapter. Enough that it's seriously detracting from the story, breaking flow, spoiling immersion. I'd offer to beta for you, but I'm already doing that with two or three people, on top of my own work.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »