Reviews for FateProphecy Break
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 3 . 5/6/2012
I like your approach on Wands. Personally, for HP-Nasuverse crossovers (which are sadly rareand majority are rather silly),I think wand is kind of a generic mystic code that somehow (by using a mystic crature's piece), and to various degree of success, bypasses the barrier between Root and the world, and enables wizards to cast spells (cause unlike Magecraft number of people who use a certain spell does not decreases that spell's potency).

Also I think wizards are those who have a certain elemental affinity ( Ether: Magi use this element by mixing it with their affinity to cast spells and have no direct access to it as far as I know) and he whole wand and wizards business was started with Merlin which is why the treat him like a saint.

On Hogwarts house system,I agree with you. At best it picks kids based on their traits and encourage them to develop these major characteristics and ignoring the rest,and thus Ravenclaw would produce bookworms, Griffindor: Reckless self-righteous hero wannabes, Slytherin: Ruthless ambitious pricks (who may or may not have cunning), and Puffs: subdued hardworking masses.

It's no wonder Lions don'tlike -righteous guys tend to be ... self-righteous, and selfish guys are their favorite target.

I think Albus, while having good intentions was a follower of Emiya Kiritsugu's brand of justice. He indeed turned Harry into "the Boy Who Lived" because of the prophecy and because he wanted to make sure Harry would accept the task. Though after learning about Horcruxes and Harry, being one (which I think is nolonger the case) he changed his strategy into making Harry a willing sacrifice (and hope for the best).

My hopes are:

1) Snape remains unpleasant. Though thanks to Harry's un-james-like looks the amount of hatred would be lessenedfor sure. This Harry is brave enough to end up in griffindor on his ownand I see him being generally helpful in a Shiou kind of way.

2) This world also have Magi and Heaven's feel (so that by end of his adventure Harry could join the 5th war?).

3) No bashings (bashings usually turn into silly things). Though pointing out social faults of magi, common folks and wizardings is good and expected.

Good job this far.

Blinded.
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 2 . 5/6/2012
You know, Wizards and Magi are rather different. The first group uses its magic lavishly and for almost everythingfrom cooking to washing dishes to doing their Magi on the other hand are like common folks (muggle sounds both stupid and insulting to me) with the added bit of magecraft (thanks to its many risks)

Some of the things Magi do is considered impossible by wizards (like Rin reviving Shirou) and the range of different (and generic looking) spells wizards can cast is beyond anyone but "Average Ones" like Rin (and that's onlt theory). In other word while Magi holds the qulity, Wizards have quantity.

I hope you consider these differences in the story.

Blinded.

PS: Sorry if I was long winded.
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Well the old blood-sucker is meddlesome, crazy and resourceful enough to pull something like that out of his sleeves, but what The Gate of Truth ( and the one from FMA 2003 series no less) is doing here?

Also given the right time (it is about 5 years before the fourth heaven's feel, so the time CAN be right) neither chant nor summoning circle are needed.

All in all not a bad start.
lhklan The Unpronounceable chapter 3 . 5/6/2012
Time out. Why the hell would Harry's hair and skin changes color? Don't give me that "It's because of Archer" crap. Archer become like that due to extensive use of Tracing, but it still took him a years to become like that.

Another thing, changing Harry's appearance like that is a bad move. Now I can't think of the person as Harry-Potter-with-Archer-inside anymore, but as Mini-Archer-who-used-to-be-Harry-Potter.

Another thing is his personality. It's changing too fast, with few explanation. Also, Archer is unusually open, which is OOC for him.
bakapervert chapter 2 . 5/5/2012
Interesting story.
Meteor Ardbert chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
"I will add another disclaimer that states that I am not very experienced with Nasuverse rules, and am just winging it according to the fanfics I've read."

And it was so interesting too until I read that you were writing about Fate/stay night based on fanfictions alone without experiencing Fate/stay night for yourself.

I'm sorry, I'll be dropping out of this. good luck with your fic though.
MWkillkenny84 chapter 2 . 5/5/2012
Umh... intersting!

A good idea and good start.

Well played the card "Gate of Truth" and Archer/EMIYA.

UBW? I think they will be able to use it (for sure) during the Basilisk!Match and during the duel vs Resurrected!Voldemort.

Vote: 10
nxkris chapter 2 . 5/4/2012
very interesting idea, giving harry shirou's power and having shirou in his body rather than having him as a servant. update soon.
demonwarrior1029 chapter 2 . 5/4/2012
Awww Yeah!

Another awesome story to join the awesome list of awesome stories in the awesome crossover of F/SN and HP...

Wonder why there's a bit too much awesomes?

Because I see that your story will be very awesome, if done right.

And knowing you, I know it will be done right.

Just believe in yourself.

If you can't, believe in us readers who believe in you!

On another note, I'm curious in what kind of pseudo-Archer harry will be.

I'm referring to his fighting style, that is.

Allow me to use two different EMIYAs by gabriel blessing...

Is Harry going to be like EMIYA in In Flight or more like EMIYA in Hill of Swords?

Or is it something new, something revolutionary, something that will give birth to billions of plot bunnies?

I can barely wait...

Anyways,

Keep it up!
lhklan The Unpronounceable chapter 2 . 5/3/2012
Hold it. Stop. No one can just instantly learn Tracing like that. It took Shirou at least 5 years to build a foundation, and he risked his life getting that far. It started with Gradation Air, which Shirou learned the wrong way. Combine with his skewered world view and ideals, it start to evolve into Tracing.
lhklan The Unpronounceable chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
You have a great start, but I have to point out a few problems you said in the AN:

1. Tracing is the version that is exclusive to Shirou and EMIYA. THe common form is called Projection/Gradation Air.

2. You were right about Harry not possessing an RM. However, the reason is different: Each person is different to one another. As such, no two persons can possess the same RM. Even Shirou and Archer, two versions of the same man, have different RM visually. So, even if Harry have the same ideals, he would not even have the same RM.

3. From the way you said things, you are planning to have Harry possess an RM, correct? If no, then ignore this. If yes, then be careful. For a human to possess a RM, it require 2 things first: A drastically different world view, and experience.

For the first case, it would mean something very extreme, like Shirou and Archer's belief that they are a sword, created to save others. Or Satsuki's "Loss without gain" view.

Second, It took Archer a lifetime to achieve the RM. For Shirou, the only reason he was able to do it was because of contact with the former. Even then, after the HGW, it was stated that he still cannot fully deploy the RM, and it would took a few more years for him to do so.
VictoriousVillain chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
I think this would be quite an interesting story to see especially since he summoned archer. Most of the crossovers I see use saber, and I think Archer is a refreshing change, especially since archer's magic would throw everyone in Harry Potter for a loop.
Daicha chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Looks like a good start if you decide to continue it.
2,023 | « Prev Page 1 .. 125 132 133 134 135