Reviews for Second Chances
Lanny-Sama chapter 31 . 2/19/2015
I was very happy to see a new update- I really feel sorry for Starfall. I know I would be upset at losing a part of myself- even if the replacement was as good as the old.

Starscream would probably have had quite an experience with new wings...
Fireworks chapter 30 . 2/15/2015
I just love this story it's really unquie to read and I have just came to love all your idea's and the plots that formed in the pervious arc and the plot forming in this current arc.
I hope u update soon am really looking forward to the next chapter!
dsh chapter 30 . 2/11/2015
Okay, I keep forgetting to ask this, I think...?
So, since Skyfire gifted Starfall his wing stripes, will he regift them to him once more? As you said no Seeker would be caught flying without them...?
I really cannot recall if I asked that before or not. I jot down things as I read along, but I may have lost that slip of paper...? Oh well, I asked now and that's the important part. XD Still lovin the chapters!
Guest chapter 30 . 1/19/2015
Great story so far! I love the way you show the transformers Ina more personal light than just battles and robots. I have a question for you though, I am a huge lotr fan and I just noticed you never finished They Came Upon a Midnight clear. Could you consider going back to it or writing a quick summary in how it would have ended? Thanks!
Failsona chapter 30 . 1/5/2015
Wow! I am really enjoying this I couldn't stop reading it! However, I did go mad when poor Star died...again. I actually just went "What was the point of that? It's like the ending of the The Mist."
Glad he got another chance though!
Can't wait for the next update!
kkcliffy chapter 30 . 1/3/2015
Looks like Ratchet and Lightningstrike will work well together and Star will have a chance at a full recovery! Poor little guy has been through so much already. He doesn't need to los his flight on top of it all.
Firewarrior123X chapter 30 . 1/2/2015
I think I'm starting to ship ratchet/lightningstrike

I'm so glad u updated! U have no idea how anxious I have been about star all and the possibility of no flight forever, but his recovery will bring me much joy. I'm so excited for when he's fully healed.
Can't wait for crosshairs to die
2 Lazy 2 Log In chapter 30 . 1/2/2015
I was so happy to see another chapter up! It was wonderful as always and I look forward to more. I hope your 2015 is amazing
Stefx88 chapter 30 . 1/1/2015
Happy New Year! I did read yesterday but never had the chance to review. Thank you so much for the update just before New Years Eve, I always look forward to seeing this story updated. Hopefully Star will be able to recover fully with the help of Lightningstrike, she seems like a interesting character so far. I hope Convoy can visit soon.
PrimalScreamer chapter 30 . 1/1/2015
Oh, poor Starfall. He'll be ok now though, I hope. It would be horrible if something like this were to scar him emotionally and drive him down the old path. :(

Happy New Year!
darkblackandlight86 chapter 30 . 1/1/2015
Glad to see you're back LAXgirl! ( oh and happy new year!)

Again, another brilliant chapter, I want Crosshairs dead, ( that's never going to change) and I hope Star gets better! Poor little sparkling!
Allsparkchild chapter 30 . 1/1/2015
Loved the knew chapter. The description of the anatomy is wonderful, making it easy to picture. Glad for the update and can't wait for more
Nazo677 chapter 30 . 1/1/2015
AWESOME! As always :)
dsh chapter 30 . 12/31/2014
WOOOOOOOOT! I knew this coming year was going to be great! And while it doesn’t technically start until midnight, this stpry was quite a wonderful way to finish out the old year! Well done! And a BIG happy new year to you as well!

I'm so THRILLED to see an update!

You had mentioned about school, so believe you-me, we allll understand the delay. Hope you did well on your finals! A "phew" moment, ne?

I enjoyed a great deal of the efforts you made at visualizations throughout this chapter, making it very well worth the wait. While none of these come under happy circumstances, the way that you wrote some of these paragraphs were absolutely heart melting and at the same time heartbreaking.

Every small detail that you carefully put into the chapter as a visual whole, is just spectacular! The very first paragraph had me chocking back a bit. I haven’t picked your story up in months, but yet here it is, fresh in remembrance!

I certainly loved the struggle both parents have in giving up hold of Starfall, I knew that was going to happen! I mean, how could it not?! If Starfall wasn’t a treasured gift before, then certainly he is now! Although, poor them for having to sit in those horrid chairs...

As well, I’m grateful that Ratchet is not bing all “by the rules” about them holding Starfall. I hate that hospitals have visiting hours, but that there are a few nurses every once in a while who somehow know the patients that need that “extra time” and look the other way.

Ah, there’s another word I have to look up. Somniferous! I LOVE HOW YOU EDUCATE ME! LOVE. IT! It’s refreshing to get that from you! Although the word sounds familiar, I can't recall its usage. 9.9 ‘’‘’‘ sneaks away to look it up ‘’‘’‘

I can only imagine one of the possible upcoming things regarding Ironhide. The fact that the news caught video of Ironhide running from the building with Starfall bleeding out on his chassis, what that will do to Ironhide to actually have to watch that, or for Optimus to have to watch that. Ironhide lived it, but for Optimus it would be torturous to watch it as well.

In that also, Starfall would eventually see the newsfeed too, no? Then again from his eyes, he gets to see his father "saving" him. His hero! Regardless wether he is told the full story or not since he doesn’t remember.

"Scion had already seen a bump in his popularity numbers with his proposed legislation for harsher sentences for bots convicted of hate crimes." This had me snort a bit. I sure hope that doesn't come back and bite him in the butt. HA!

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting the medic to be a femme! _ WOOT!

AHAAAHAA Ratchet butchered Cloudbreaker's name! Cloud... skipper XD
Self visualization came in the form of a Seeker, drunk and literary skipping over the tops of soft puffy clouds like a woodland nymph.

I like how you didn't just put, "they got in the elevator and Ratchet hit the ‘roof’ button." The visualization you put into your words was well thought out. That even in the off chance no one has ever ridden in an elevator, they would still get the gist of it. See that SMALL paragraph is what SOME people would and SHOULD eat their words on. Defender of good writing my ... cough... stupid fox twit. ... cough...

That phrase you used to describe Ratchets point of view regarding Optimus learning of his sons death as that he "shrank into himself like a fading star..." I love that sense of wording, how it describes the pain of losing someone even in those simple little words. Almost an echoing of oneself at the loss.

Ironhide stubborn? No not him... ...smirks... Stubborn indeed! Quite the pair Optimus and Ironhide make! Alllll the way around!

"...beggin fer them ta execute him" GO IRONHIDE! At least he got his swings in already, if not just a taste. At least he got that little bit of justice in before they really let loose on him, but I’m rather disappointed at the length of Crosshairs proposed sentencing as well. I hope they jack it up more! Is child abuse covered in assault of a minor, as well?

I love that Lightningstrike gave Optimus that type of praise regarding the holding of a seeker sparkling. That was warming read. While it had been unintentional at first, that it quickly became the “hold” to have him in.

While Ratchet is having a quick lesson in Seekers right off the bat, it's HILARIOUS how instantly he's getting schooled! XD In the meantime, I can only picture how the rest of the room was feeling about this quick slurry of information!

If Optimus had stabbing pains about every whimper Starfall had made before, then this must be torture! To see the tubing and wires being taken out from your son when you know he needs them?! Although they were more for monitoring vitals then actually life support systems? I don’t recall you stating that they were helping him breath although that would be understandable... MAN I need to reread the last few chapters again... it’s been a few months since I’ve last read it.

And then you do the wrappings scene. Not as bad as you could have made it in the ways of gory detailing, and for those who are squeamish (like Cloudbreaker) may have had to skip over that little bit that you had done, but it's great that you included it. CB was a neutral during the war? So he might not be use to such... showings... as it were.

Question though, what had prompt the idea for Seekers secondary medical paneling? That’s a great touch!

At least Lightningstrike didn't turn to Ratchet and call him out on his lack of knowledge against seeker frames, other then the painkillers, but that was quite understandable.

Certainly Ratchet isn't afraid of hard work, that’s for sure. Ratchet has had his hands full during the war as far as lack of sleep due to (stubborn) patients care. So we KNOW that he's up for it! Then again, he also had Hoist, Wheeljack, and First Aid to help assist him when it was required.

I’m assuming that with Starfalls Painkillers at least out of the way, Optimus and Ironhide can crash a bit into recharge? Possibly by no intention on their parts to do so, but still... heck, let Ratchet slip something into their energon so they don’t know what’s coming XD

Its wonderful news that the surgery will happen rapidly, though. So Lightningstrike is ordered to stay until the little seekerling is up and running, ne? When this is all said and done... Ratchet should hit on her. Ahahaaahaa that would be something! If their round about the same age, it would work, although the distance thing would be a factor... so maybe not. XD

OH such a wonderful chapter, I’m so grateful you posted once more before the year was out. What a great belated Christmas/holiday/New Years present this was for us all! We thank you, even those who won't post, you and I BOTH know they loved this one!
Katie Gibbs chapter 30 . 12/31/2014
Ratchet seems to approve lighteningstrike alot...
-smiles widely-
Maybe more than a partner in a surgery?
-ducks a few wrenches-

And yays! Hes gonna be able to fly again!
Skyfire will have to the one to help him in therapy for his wings!
1,071 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »