Reviews for The Rise of One
CharmedRavenclaw chapter 13 . 16h
Ha ha I lolled so hard at this play. Katara stabbing Zuko for saying he loved honor - that was brilliant :D
QueenDarua chapter 27 . 8/12
Another great story! I usually don't like OC's but I really liked Bowen. He was a really good adaptation of Finnick. I like how you didn't make Katara fight again as well, that was one thing that I didn't like about Catching Fire. All in all, excellent story. I'm off to read Phoenix Queen now!
K chapter 5 . 8/4
That's too bad. It would have been pretty cool
K chapter 4 . 8/4
Holey shiznay! Did Zuko just become the next avatar reincarnated?
Pointy Objects chapter 27 . 5/28
That was soooooooo good! Ugh my heart. You opened it up and snipped at stuff and then sewed it back up and then ripped it open again and then patched it back up. Ugh. I love it. I tried not to review too much, because a lot of your review responses answered (some) of my questions. I still have a lot, though. And a lot of assumptions.

I really enjoyed your OCs. I know a lot of people commented on them, but I had to say something as well. They are so well crafted, they almost don't feel like outside characters. And they're so balanced. My favorite non OC OC, though, is Lu Ten. Yes, he's canon to A:TLA but, we don't really *know* him. We just know who he might be based on Iroh. But he's so real. I like him, but sometimes I don't like him. I think that's a good judge of character. My two most favorite Tv shows ever are Lost and Battlestar Galactica (yes, I am a giant nerd). And what I love about them is that there are times when I LOVELOVELOVED a character, and times when I hated them more than anything. I like Kate sometimes, and I hate Starbuck other times and I love Charlie And I wanna kill Laura Roslin. That's what makes a good characters. You love them and hate them, because they're real people to you.

I just wanted to give you your props on that. Okay, onto story three!

Pointy Objects chapter 3 . 5/25
Can I just say, not the very beginning, but the second sort of part of this chapter, where Katara sees Lu Ten and is reminded of Sokka and it takes her back to her father's treatment of her after her mother died, is probably the most beautiful thing I've read so far of your writing. I am writing a similar scene right now for a character, and it's so hard to express, but you did it without flaw. I can't even be jealous, I'm just in awe. Go you.

Pointy Objects chapter 2 . 5/25
This review doesn't have much to do with this chapter (though I'm really liking this Bowen person...and all his mysteries.) I was thinking about something while I was doing laundry (see? I didn't spend all day reading fanfiction...just most of the day) and I really liked the kiss in your last story. For the obvious reasons; I loves a good Zutara smoocharoo, but that one was actually really good. And for a minute, I thought, "Well that came out of Nowheresville..." But I realize that it didn't, and I will tell you why, for free. You are a writer who has, as I have before stated, logically killed a ton of pele. Important people. That I happen to like. But each of those deaths made sense in some way. So, I have to believe that a writer who knows when to kill someone and when to keep them alive isn't just going to get to the second or third to last chapter of the first installment of a trilogy and think. "Gee, I guess I better make them kiss now..." No! There was a reason or reasonS, and while I have my own ideas as to what those reasons are, I will wait patiently for you to reveal them.

Also, what's the deal with Bowen and Lu Ten? I got my eyes on you guys...

Writer Rider Dirty Thirties chapter 27 . 5/22
Another great installment! I really like it! Bowen is a heart stealer!
Writer Rider Dirty Thirties chapter 20 . 5/22
I love this so far and just had to comment that though I love Zuko/Katara I think Katara/Bowen are adorable and hilarious!
Sophie chapter 27 . 4/16
Your OCs rock, I loved how you developed Hama and Pakku, loved Katara, loved Zuko, loved the whole thing. Dude, your writing is addictive! Like I've already read this fic and normally I don't go back and reread so quickly but you just write so well... /in awe. Thank you for taking the time to write this story!
TreebuttonDemigod chapter 27 . 3/31
YES I was hoping you would do this from a mentor's point of view! This kept me interested more than Catching Fire did, and your emotional scenes are amazingly written, I bow to you. ;) Also I LOVE BOWEN! Best character ever, especially since he's similar to/based on Finnick, who is my favourite. Ohhhhh I'm so curious about his past now... going off to read the last instalment of this series, hopefully it's going to be better than Mockingjay, haha.
I am so glad you exist! XD
galacticAcolyte chapter 27 . 3/17
what the hell, i'm gonna review this one too since i read it in what, two days? yikes. good thing it's senior year.
i loved the black games just as much as i loved the first hunger games book. this, i love more than catching fire, which is a first for me-liking a fic more than the source material. the way you revived zuko didn't feel contrived at all, which is so important and so difficult to do, so major, major kudos for that! the way you adapted the quarter duels was really impressive, and to me, actually a lot more interesting than the quarter quell. watching them from the mentor's perspective, especially, was such an awesome and unique twist-probably one of my favorite parts about this fic. also bowen. as a rule, i do not like ocs. i don't like bowen, either. i lovelovelove him.
once again, thank you for writing/posting this story-beautifully written, amazingly executed. i have a feeling i would have liked the second half of the hunger games trilogy a looooot more if you had written it.
Sophie chapter 27 . 3/11
I adore the way you write Bowen, I love that it's a maternal relationship as his 'Annie' thing. Pakku and Hama's fight was beautiful and so was Katara's reaction, and just oh my god this story is incredible.
Sophie chapter 17 . 3/11
Oh my god you're killing me here! I'm supposed to be studying and here I am reading! Why would Zuko do that?!
Anon chapter 17 . 3/10
You've got my heart all twisted up again ! It's like TBG all over and I can't take it, especially during the volunteering ! I've become so invested with the characters in this series gosh I don't know if this is even normal lololol thanks for writing this whole series out anyways! xo D:
2,167 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »