Reviews for The Rise of One
nostalgicbender chapter 2 . 11/8
I just finished The Black Games... and I know these stories were written years ago... but I literally just found the ATLA/LOK fandom. Your writing is great. The story is amazing. I could not read fast enough and was so excited to find out what was going to happen at the end of Black Games. But I will be honest, I am a little disappointed/annoyed that the spirit water appeared when Zuko died and not when Sokka died. I understand it is pivotal to your story but Katara's BROTHER was dying. Someone she had known and loved her entire life. She hardly knew Zuko when he died and I hardly feel like anyone would have such a connection with their ally of three weeks that magical spirit water would appear.
In your mind, was the appearance of the water based on the situation or a switch in Katara's mind? I know when Sokka died she was holding onto hope that both would make it out alive...
Melly chapter 17 . 10/26
Give me a fucking break. Really? We are going there again? I was ready to have a little Zutara time without all the blood and fighting but here we are again. I give up
HollyShortRulz chapter 22 . 10/10
You know in the previous chapter? Is 'The Silence' a reference to Doctor Who?
Alice-Ann Wonderland chapter 27 . 9/14
That was way intense.
CharmedRavenclaw chapter 13 . 8/29
Ha ha I lolled so hard at this play. Katara stabbing Zuko for saying he loved honor - that was brilliant :D
QueenDarua chapter 27 . 8/12
Another great story! I usually don't like OC's but I really liked Bowen. He was a really good adaptation of Finnick. I like how you didn't make Katara fight again as well, that was one thing that I didn't like about Catching Fire. All in all, excellent story. I'm off to read Phoenix Queen now!
K chapter 5 . 8/4
That's too bad. It would have been pretty cool
K chapter 4 . 8/4
Holey shiznay! Did Zuko just become the next avatar reincarnated?
Pointy Objects chapter 27 . 5/28
That was soooooooo good! Ugh my heart. You opened it up and snipped at stuff and then sewed it back up and then ripped it open again and then patched it back up. Ugh. I love it. I tried not to review too much, because a lot of your review responses answered (some) of my questions. I still have a lot, though. And a lot of assumptions.

I really enjoyed your OCs. I know a lot of people commented on them, but I had to say something as well. They are so well crafted, they almost don't feel like outside characters. And they're so balanced. My favorite non OC OC, though, is Lu Ten. Yes, he's canon to A:TLA but, we don't really *know* him. We just know who he might be based on Iroh. But he's so real. I like him, but sometimes I don't like him. I think that's a good judge of character. My two most favorite Tv shows ever are Lost and Battlestar Galactica (yes, I am a giant nerd). And what I love about them is that there are times when I LOVELOVELOVED a character, and times when I hated them more than anything. I like Kate sometimes, and I hate Starbuck other times and I love Charlie And I wanna kill Laura Roslin. That's what makes a good characters. You love them and hate them, because they're real people to you.

I just wanted to give you your props on that. Okay, onto story three!

Pointy Objects chapter 3 . 5/25
Can I just say, not the very beginning, but the second sort of part of this chapter, where Katara sees Lu Ten and is reminded of Sokka and it takes her back to her father's treatment of her after her mother died, is probably the most beautiful thing I've read so far of your writing. I am writing a similar scene right now for a character, and it's so hard to express, but you did it without flaw. I can't even be jealous, I'm just in awe. Go you.

Pointy Objects chapter 2 . 5/25
This review doesn't have much to do with this chapter (though I'm really liking this Bowen person...and all his mysteries.) I was thinking about something while I was doing laundry (see? I didn't spend all day reading fanfiction...just most of the day) and I really liked the kiss in your last story. For the obvious reasons; I loves a good Zutara smoocharoo, but that one was actually really good. And for a minute, I thought, "Well that came out of Nowheresville..." But I realize that it didn't, and I will tell you why, for free. You are a writer who has, as I have before stated, logically killed a ton of pele. Important people. That I happen to like. But each of those deaths made sense in some way. So, I have to believe that a writer who knows when to kill someone and when to keep them alive isn't just going to get to the second or third to last chapter of the first installment of a trilogy and think. "Gee, I guess I better make them kiss now..." No! There was a reason or reasonS, and while I have my own ideas as to what those reasons are, I will wait patiently for you to reveal them.

Also, what's the deal with Bowen and Lu Ten? I got my eyes on you guys...

Writer Rider Dirty Thirties chapter 27 . 5/22
Another great installment! I really like it! Bowen is a heart stealer!
Writer Rider Dirty Thirties chapter 20 . 5/22
I love this so far and just had to comment that though I love Zuko/Katara I think Katara/Bowen are adorable and hilarious!
Sophie chapter 27 . 4/16
Your OCs rock, I loved how you developed Hama and Pakku, loved Katara, loved Zuko, loved the whole thing. Dude, your writing is addictive! Like I've already read this fic and normally I don't go back and reread so quickly but you just write so well... /in awe. Thank you for taking the time to write this story!
TreebuttonDemigod chapter 27 . 3/31
YES I was hoping you would do this from a mentor's point of view! This kept me interested more than Catching Fire did, and your emotional scenes are amazingly written, I bow to you. ;) Also I LOVE BOWEN! Best character ever, especially since he's similar to/based on Finnick, who is my favourite. Ohhhhh I'm so curious about his past now... going off to read the last instalment of this series, hopefully it's going to be better than Mockingjay, haha.
I am so glad you exist! XD
2,171 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »