Reviews for The Rise of One
Santiago chapter 1 . 5/29
que respuesta tan estúpida es obvio que usted no la va matar por que es su personaje principal
Kimmytrainer chapter 27 . 4/28
YAY THE BOOM HAPPENED ONTO THE NEXT STORY GREAT JOB WITH THIS ONE!
Kimmytrainer chapter 25 . 4/28
I'm upset again. The crowd is so cruel it's disgusting. Let's see how they fare if you put them in the arena... uggh. Anyway, Hama vs. Paku?! You're killing one off? Why? No way will the crowd allow the defeated to live... I hope the "BOOM" happens before they can die. I want some sort of crazy escape scene.
Kimmytrainer chapter 24 . 4/28
Yay he's wearing it! Wonder what the reaction will be... I love that Katara is using some of Sokka's humor. I'm hoping Bowen wins only because then Zuko won't be fighting anymore. I'm fascinated by this "BOOM" thing. They gonna blow stuff up and get out? Only 3 chapters left, not sure if the Quarter duels can actually finish by then so I think there will be an interruption like in the books.
Kimmytrainer chapter 21 . 4/28
I loved that interaction at the end. They care about each other so much. It's like saying they love each other isn't good enough to describe it. They just care so deeply, like their life forces are intertwined. I don't know what they'd do without each other. It's really beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time.
Kimmytrainer chapter 19 . 4/27
Alright, I admit to loving this chapter and not being very angry anymore. Thank you; I don't like being angry. I love seeing the behind the scenes of the games. We're only ever shown the action. This stuff is very interesting.

I am concerned about how they talk in public about the White Lotus. I know there's not much option, but it's not like they can just cast a muffliato or something. Sigh. I will admit, however, that it seems a little too simplistic that they aren't more cautious about it, as if you've guaranteed that they won't be caught unless the you decide they should be. Might be in my head though; it's 2:30 am and I was up til 4 am last night because of TBG. When I wake up at 9 tomorrow I'll remember who to blame for my being tired. (Cough cough me cough but it's nice to think otherwise for a brief few moments.)
Kimmytrainer chapter 18 . 4/27
I have a million questions because once again this made me angry. Why was Ozai angry? Because Katara got out of it? What if Zuko, Bowen, Hana, and Paku all end up in the first round together? Or even just three of them, then at least one would have to die if they can't escape. I hope they can escape. But that could endanger Hakoda, couldn't it? Uggh hate. I already know Hakoda will be safe for a while. Sigh. Anyway I'm glad there's only 9 chapters left before the sequel because these duels should be over before then. Your writing is still fantastic; I'm just super frustrated with the cruelty of the situations. You're doing wonderfully.
Kimmytrainer chapter 17 . 4/27
This made me so angry! Uggh why didn't Lu Ten volunteer for Iroh? Why Zuko? At this point, with Zuko, Bowen, the crazy Dock, and both Paku and Hama, I'm thinking you might save some of them. I mean...honestly, I guess I just can't handle that all but one will die. And I don't think Zuko is the strongest one here.
Kimmytrainer chapter 16 . 4/27
THIS QUARTER DUEL SCENARIO IS WORSE THAN CATCHING FIRE. I CANT BELIEVE THEYRE CHOOSING FROM VICTORS' CHILDREN AND CHILDLESS VICTORS WTF IT ALMOST MAKES ME WISH ZUKO WASNT AROUND SO OZAI COULD BE PICKED AND THEN DIE THIS IS JUST HORRIBLE! I mean, amazing choice because it's so shocking but I'm super upset about it! And duels to the death?! That won't give them much time to have any plots going on! Shit do 23 of them still need to die?! WORSE, the winner will have had to kill the most people! Uggh, well poor airbenders who won't kill... shit I feel bad for them. But I feel the worst for anyone with young children, if young kids are eligible. I can see Ozai allowing that. Shit. This is just horrible. I must read more.
Kimmytrainer chapter 15 . 4/27
They're so sweet together :) she finally learned bloodbending, WOOT! Wish she could ask for Hama to come heal her, but that'd end up giving away wayyy too much.
Kimmytrainer chapter 14 . 4/27
I thought the Quells were INSTEAD OF the 25th, 50th, and 75th games? I was confused about this being the 75th as well. Maybe put a new author's note in the first story to explain that? It'd be really helpful for people like me who love numbers.

Anyway, the story. WTF I KNOW SHE WONT DIE AND IM ACTUALLY EXCITED CUZ IM SURE ZUKO GETS TO SAVE HER BUT STILL, WTF!
Kimmytrainer chapter 13 . 4/27
"how would you feel if katara was in your room dressed as a gaurd?" - That would never happen.
HAHAHAHAHAHA OMG THATS HILARIOUS

Okay but seriously you did amazingly with that play! I can imagine it so clearly being just as awful as the one in the show! Wouldn't you think they'd be concerned about portraying Zuko so badly, though? Hmm oh well. Poor Katara, though. God that was just awful. This chapter was awesome, though. I noticed at one point how much you're actually portraying cannon Katara. Can't remember when. But she reminded me so much of the time Katara was arrested in the earth kingdom for "earthbending" so that she could save Haru. Just struck me how real these characters are. You ditched Katniss so far back, and I love it. Not that I disliked her too much when I read the books, but Katara is infinitely better. Aside from her cannon choice in husband, anyway. (Sorry, I really did like Peeta. He wasn't angry the way Katniss, Gale, and so many others were. Not that Gale would have been a bad choice. I just prefer Peeta.)
Anyway, looks like she goes back to the Capital next. I hope there isn't too much angst. Also, I think you said before that you won't be doing the games like in Catching Fire, but I'm curious what you will be doing.
Kimmytrainer chapter 12 . 4/27
Those last lines gave me chills and made me tear up. That was amazing. I loved this chapter.
Kimmytrainer chapter 11 . 4/27
I remembered what I wanted to say last time, seconds after I hit review! Darn! I'll just say it here. I love Rox XD it frustrates me a bit though that there's no avatar or air benders around to tell people that she's talking to spirits. I wish someone would realize that!

Okay, as for this chapter, I guess I don't know for sure yet but I like that you haven't killed anyone in the crowd for showing Katara so much respect. Ty Lee's sisters are cute, too. I'm wondering what it means that Katara will be visiting Roku's shrine. I'm also curious if you'll bring a new Avatar into this story. I don't expect one because Katara is saying her hopeful lines about the Avatar to Zuko in this version. As long as things turn out okay, I don't really mind.
Kimmytrainer chapter 10 . 4/27
I like reading your comments because of all the little hints. For example, I don't have to worry about Hakoda anymore because you said he'll have a bigger role in the future. I love that Katara and Yue are friends :) I think my favorite thing about this story is how true to herself Katara is, and how unlike Katniss she is in that way. I hated how Katniss was always acting but was still guaranteed a fulfilling romance in the end because she had TWO great guys after her. I didn't realize I felt this way until I read what it's like with Katara in her place, but Katniss didn't really deserve Peeta. He was so kind and loving. I do see a bit of Peeta in Katara, how she's not willing to give up on who she is or pretend. I love that. Hmm, there was one other thing I wanted to say... what was it? Oh well. I'm curious how province 5 will react to Katara. She did stay with Ty Lee when she was dying, after all.
2,217 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »