Reviews for The Telephone Hour
FarmGirlForever chapter 1 . 6/8/2015
All is can say is "Awwwww!" So sweet. I've always wanted to see his parent's reaction to his homecoming. Cute snapshot.
Pipamonium chapter 1 . 5/3/2015
I can't imagine how emotional those kinds of phone calls were for the families back home. For some reason this feels more heartbreaking (in a good way) since we only have the dialogue from one side. Good job.
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
(insert sappy smile)
stars shine out chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Aw, beautifully sweet.
inhonoredglory chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
Wow, this is beautiful. I LOVE this kind of extreme 'telling' story. Great job on indicating his mother's thoughts through his dialogue. Beautiful job.
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Aww, I love it! Thank you very much.
konarciq chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
How much can be told by leaving things out? Lots, clearly.

"Mom, I'm 40 years old..." Sounds familiar, that argument LOL

Well done!
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Neat concept for this story. You compress a lot of emotion into this - not just Hogan's but his mother's as well, which is quite a trick given that we don't hear her directly!
buggleston chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
Beaurifully done! Guess Hogan right away~Loved the line

"Mom I"m 40 years old" Well told one shot!
Belphegor chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
Oh yes, we can fill in the blanks, no problem! It's amazing how much of this family you show us with so few words. Lovely story, both funny and very touching :o]
rutika chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
Delightful.

How do you do it?
mmwaveprincess chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
Awwwwwwww. So cute how that conversation went..So wait moms still talk like that even when the kid's grown? Wow and I thought only teenagers got interrupted. :D Anyway I love this. Makes me think of my mom.
jodm chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
Perfect snapshot! I can picture Hogan at a phone, hand over one ear to shut out ambient noise a he talks to his Mom-and I can just as easily picture his mom as she receives the call. Great early Mothers Day story.
Jinzle chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
LOL, a typical mother/son conversation. I think Hogan will get a lot of hugs and kisses when he gets home along with an earful about how worried she was.
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
No matter how old we are, we're always our parents' children. You illustrate that sentiment well here. Actually, you've said a lot in very few words, covering everything from the death camps to age. I'm very impressed.