Reviews for Prime of Life
Guest chapter 6 . 2/28/2013
I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed looking at an unusual bobwhite pairing. I hope you decided to come back and write more... Please :)
LaneIA chapter 6 . 9/2/2012
I haven't taken the time to read any Trixie fan fiction for a while and I'm sorry I hadn't. I just found your story today and I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it. I think it is well written and you are being very true to the characters.
I had a great laugh with you comparing Trixie in some fan fics as emotionally needy as Bella Swann. good call!
Please update soon.
PS I think Regan would be understanding about Dan's feelings for Mart.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
I to am disappointed that this story has gone on hiatus. I was curious if it would follow the same route as Ambiguous or if the two would be allowed to pursue their relationship in peace. It was one of the main reasons I keep coming back to especially the Trixie Belden group. I am always looking for non-traditional fanfiction since I find it hard to believe that all three "Bob-White Couples" would survive into adulthood. And you don't get more untraditional than these type of pairings.
macyrose chapter 6 . 7/31/2012
I'm sorry to hear that you're putting this on the back burner. I really enjoy it and look forward to updates. I hope you'll reconsider. I wonder why Dan doesn't like to be touched. Did something happen in his past that made him like that? And I hope Mart can convince Dan that their relationship doesn't have to be short term.
macyrose chapter 5 . 6/16/2012
I'm glad that this time both boys enjoyed the kiss and am looking forward to seeing what happens when they're back in Sleepyside. I'm also curious as to why you changed Dan's background from what it was in the books. Please update soon!
Elliroc chapter 5 . 6/16/2012
Just read both chapters, and still loving this story! I really enjoy the way you're writing both boys and I am excited to see what is going to happen when they get back to Sleepyside!
Elliroc chapter 3 . 5/30/2012
I just found this story and it is wonderful. I really love the way you write both Mart and Dan, and it's great to get to see the Bob Whites from Dan's point of view (even though you're writing from Mart's perspective). It's a really interesting look at the club from the outside and the relationship between the two of them is interesting and believable. The kiss was believable too, especially their reaction. I'm really excited to see where you go with this! I must admit I've never really thought of shipping Mart and Dan before, but I was intrigued when I saw your story and you've convinced me already haha.
I also enjoy the way you work things in like comparing Dan to a copperhead and Mart's line about the weather in chapter two that really make me feel like I'm reading one of the books. Actually, I think I'll stop listing all of the things I like about this because I'll go on forever, but before I do, I think my favourite part so far is the conversation in chapter three. I especially like this exchange though I am not entirely sure why"But you're right, it is kind of strange, being here. With these back country roads, so many twists and turns, I always half-expect to be hit by a car. Just barreled over by a reckless driver who doesn't care enough about other people to follow the speed limit in the first place, let alone slow down to help me. Wouldn't that be an awful way to go?"Don't be so morbid." Mart was surprised by the firmness of his own words. "That's not going to happen to you.
And I loved Dan asking Mart if he thinks he looks good and telling him he can take a picture hahaha.
Love this story, adding to alerts and looking forward to updates!
macyrose chapter 3 . 5/13/2012
I was wondering if you were going to show their first kiss. I wonder who was more shocked at it, Mart or Dan? I can't wait for the next chapter.
macyrose chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
I'm so glad to see that you're writing another Mart/Dan story. Of course I hope they'll be together at the end.