Reviews for Seven
This is my fourth time reading this. Every year I end up coming back to this- its the perfect blend of comedy, spot on characterization, romance and chapter length that i can charge through it in two hours. This is my favorite fic of all time. I love the continuity with Diamond & Pearl, I love the Harley/Solidad/May/Drew dynamic, I love her family's role in it, I love how it's so fluffy and roles with standard trops that I eat up (CPR anyone?) but plays them in such appropiate and character oriented ways (ie. May's frustration at looking weak). There's also something delicious about secondary cast members placing bets/trying to play wingman/ suspecting/teasing the romantic leads. May's characterization was probably my favorite, and played out in such a way that stayed true to the story but worked for her character. You don't want May to immediately be head over heels- the will-they-won't-they is a driving factor in these fics. Her not admitting she's falling for him is necessary for narrative drama. Yet the fact that they kiss eachother in each chapter SHOULD come into conflict with that. And yet it doesn't- May was characterized so delicately that the author makes it work. The author has a wonderful grasp on Drew as well- he's serious and agitated but arrogant and kind, in a perfect mix. Character interactions are so natural in this- there's not a moment that feels weird. This is the only fic where I can clearly visual everything thats going on- as I read I can see comic panels. It feels like a perfect continuation to wear Diamond and Pearl left May's story, and it makes so much sense. In Pokemon ship fic there's always a danger of not integrating the world enough because the focus is on the couple, but here it works so well. A definite strength is that the main characters are constantly interacting with other characters, it makes the world feel bigger and more realistic. I love this fic. It's the best one there is. Everything from its simple idea (May and Drew kiss each chapter) to this idea's transformation to paper to small but wondeful details like PokeTube gets me every time.
wow..such a great story...I loved it...pls try to write a sequel for this ...u rocked ...may and drew forever
lillydany chapter 1 . 1/5
This has to be my favorite contest ship one shot ever. It has literally ruined all the other fanfic because to me this is 100% canon. The characterization was perfect the story was amazing and you are an awesome writer.
LyriaHart chapter 7 . 9/6/2017
This story was so sweet! I love it!
reppad98 chapter 7 . 6/15/2017
Oh wow, this was such a cool story! Of course, none of your stories have disappointed me so far ;) Anjumstar recommended this one to me, and from the title I had expected that it would be an one-shot, or maybe a collection of one-shots, but I was happily surprised to find out that it was such a nice multi-chaptered story! From the first chapter, when you wrote about May's lips meeting Drew's lips, I was hooked haha. This is the perfect balance between drama, humor and romance. While I had expected that stretching out the development of their relationship over seven chapters would be a bit, well, overdone, you made it progress so naturally! I really enjoyed this story, and I liked the glimpses of the other characters we got to see (gotta love Ash and not understanding what was going on haha). And of course Harley and Solidad are always fun XD
Thank you very much for writing this, I loved it, and keep writing! ! !
krstnforth chapter 7 . 2/15/2017
The best contestshipping fanfic i've read so far!
krstnforth chapter 7 . 2/14/2017
I absolutely love this! All adorable and cute and nice and warm and gaaad the feels!
TheMidnightDJ chapter 1 . 1/12/2017
Guest chapter 7 . 1/9/2017
why is this sooooooooooooooo gooooooooood!?
When the Sun Rises chapter 7 . 1/4/2017
I can't believe I've read this story again and again and I haven't reviewed once. This. Story. Is. AMAZING! The characters may have gotten a bit OOC toward the end, but definitely NOT in a bad way. I was giddy all the way through, and I'll be giddy again when I reread it. Thank you VERY much for writing it!
Mishika chapter 7 . 12/2/2016
Seriously that was... Awe. ...some
Guest chapter 1 . 11/28/2016
This was by far the best contestshipping fanfic that I've ever read! Love it!
anjumstar chapter 7 . 8/12/2016
Overall, I really liked this story. I felt torn away every time I had to put it aside. I liked everyone's characterization, I liked how the relationship had a few months to bloom, and I liked the ever-present contests. And, for the most part, I really liked the moments that May and Drew had in this. And Harley, of course, was fun, as well as Solidad.

Now, some critiques. Honestly, this last chapter was my least favorite (which isn't too bad, since I really did like the story!) but I liked the ending with Harley sort of taking the reins. You voice him in a very fun way. I just thought that the resolution of Drew and May's relationship was a little lacking. Mostly because, at this point, there was no tension, so it felt like there was very little point in including this chapter. Basically, May and Drew were on a pretty straight path for this whole story, so it lacked tension in general in a lot of places. Also, both the near-drowning and the national TV thing were a little melodramatic for me. Surprisingly, the national TV more so than the drowning. I thought that chapter 3 was well-handled romantically, and it was nice to see more of a variety in characters; however, medically...I had my doubts about the way that things went down. But, hey, I'm not a doctor, so I'm suspending my disbelief and putting my faith in you on that one.

I will definitely read this story again some day. I'm on a DAML kick right now, so I've been going through all of your stories. (Before I read The Ash Connection, because that will be a COMMITMENT) This one is one of my favorites so far. Top 2 for sure. I liked the idea too. Drew and May (especially May) could so easily fall into an accidental relationship. It's a pretty fun spin. Can't wait to read more!
Mintfrost29 chapter 6 . 8/5/2016