Reviews for He Who Shall Remain Dead
Eumenida chapter 3 . 6/27
plz update it ...don't leave it like this ...
zabani-chan chapter 3 . 5/23/2014
Loved the story. Absolutely loved it. I also understand that this is probably supposed to be an open ended story, but at the same time...NOOOO! *sobs* It can't end like this! I wanna know what happens next! Does Kurama fix Itachi's mind? Do they get Sasuke? How does Sasuke react when he finds out his brother is alive? How does everyone react to Naruto being romantically involved with Itachi? What happens to Itachi after they get Sasuke?

So many unanswered questions...

Still, loved the story. Will most likely be one that I read more than once.

zabani-chan
NX-Loveless-XN chapter 3 . 3/30/2014
Aw. I wished it continued a bit more so we could see Sasuke's reaction.
NX-Loveless-XN chapter 2 . 3/30/2014
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw *rolls around in love fluff*
YaoiFangirl333 chapter 3 . 6/11/2013
Why'd you stop there?! I want to know what happens to Itachi. I adore this story. Keep up the awesome writing!
xXImScaredXx chapter 3 . 12/15/2012
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why'd you STOP?! Why? Please continue... Please... Oh, come on! Please continue... Just... please...
JashinsPriestess42 chapter 3 . 10/6/2012
That's it? Why does it say "completed"? This isn't completed! It's amazing, but not completed!
Teffy.Uzumaki chapter 3 . 10/1/2012
Hey!

I loved it! The idea is so original and I totally loved that Naru brought Itachi to life. I hope you continue it soon :)
Kyoto Uchida-Sama chapter 3 . 8/12/2012
amazing *claps*
Redwitch0587 chapter 3 . 8/8/2012
Okay, third chapter.

“After all, Sasuke was still out there, planning to set fire to the whole of Konoha. Naruto was betting heavily on Itachi for that part. Just him being alive and happy should convince stubborn little brother to come home. And if not, Naruto was just going to have to break his arms and legs and drag him home like he promised he would do.”

I was immediately thinking, “that would be greatness. Nothing can POSSIBLY go wrong.”

My brothers and I are currently in the Shippuden series (season 6) and I keep envisioning the resurrection of Itachi and how his appearance will probably be the ONLY thing that will/can encourage his brother to return to Konoha. And then I made a comment to my brother saying, “You remember when Itachi left some of his mysterious power with Naruto? What if he gave him the ability to seal Sasuke’s powers so that he would no longer be deemed a threat?” And my brother got to thinking, saying, “I wonder if he did. That sounds like something that might just happen.” Anyway, this brings me to your story where Naruto is considering breaking Sasuke’s legs and arms to drag him home. I could see it happening so the very intro of his chapter is awesome.

That kiss that Naruto planted on Itachi before leaving their temporary make-shift home had me grinning from ear to ear. Then followed by this text from Itachi: "Any other time and I wouldn't have stopped you."

GAAAH woman! You’re killing us in the most PERFECT way *pulls at hair*

You are too good with your words.

My heart just kept fluttering from beginning to end. “Unsteadily he reached back for Itachi's hand, which found his halfway.” It’s just so cute and touching the way you word some of their contact. I wish you were on the story board for Naruto. You’d have a ridiculous amount of followers.

The way the chapter ended did not seem rushed. If anything, I felt like it added more to the atmosphere of the story. What with Sasuke attacking the village and uncertainties in the air, this is exactly the pace that real life would set for us. By the time we actually sit down, we spend a day trying to sort through everything that’s happened because it all happened too quickly to digest.

A wonderfully executed chapter. My hat to you, Devi.

I look forward to reading more from you in the future!

Ja ne 3

Ria
Redwitch0587 chapter 2 . 8/8/2012
Okay, so until I read this chapter, I had no idea that Kyuubi had a second name. Kurama. Definitely an omnipotent sounding name for a very powerful demon.

Your description on the inside of Itachi’s mind brought a very disturbing image to my imaginative conscious. You can’t even begin to imagine the morbidity I was seeing lol. But followed soon after with an even more powerful Naruto as Hokage, that made me melt. Itachi already having faith in him brings all kinds of bubbly goodness to the story and is responsible for how Naruto feels even more.

Naruto asked the older man, "Hey, what were you counting yesterday? With the broken glasses?"

"I don't want to tell you."

"Why not?" And he tried very hard not to get his feelings hurt.

"You'll worry, and then you won't leave tomorrow."

"… You don't like me being here?"

"That's not what I said."

That last line seems almost comical because it is in ever day speech. Like, someone says something and another person reads a little too much into it, and ends up stating an assumption. “That’s not what I said.” It’s simple, fitting, yet profound because of the potential meanings that it holds.

Then of course we get this revelation that Naruto is the one treating Itachi differently. And all I could think is, “Wow. You are one poor lovesick dog in denial.”

"We should shower," Naruto said cheekily. Then his blue eyes widened, and he quickly added, "Not… together, I mean. We shouldn't shower together."

I burst out laughing because in my head I could see Naruto waving his arms out in alarm, trying to diffuse whatever awkward situation he was creating. Your portrayal of him is so accurate that it’s a wonder you don’t have more reviews. (You really deserve more reviews).

“Naruto continued eating, his slurps quieter now, as he felt the older man's presence loom closer. Itachi's freshly showered scent hit only moments afterwards. Clean and fresh and earthly. The presence of the man and his lovely scent washed over the blonde, and he shuddered. He felt for his poor clone, who had to try and stay sane with all this intensity around. Maybe this was the very reason why the clone cracked and fell so intensely in love. Naruto's heard that people do weird things under pressure.”

That has to be one of my favorite thought bubble/verbiage quote (whatever you wanna call it) in this chapter. It’s like communicating with his past self and struggling with the fact that what his clone felt is now being thrown on him. Gosh you’re such a creative genius *gives you a cookie*

Awww… I felt so sad for Itachi because he was struggling with remembering what he was counting. And now we know why he was counting forever. He couldn’t count past four. That revelation somehow stings. It adds more to his character and truly makes the reader want Naruto to comfort him or something to ease his mental barrier.

I have to say that I laughed hysterically when Naruto was struggling with his sexual desire to just get relief and Itachi apparently sensing it. Then with Itachi offering to help (or whatever he was trying to do)….

"Well then what would you have me do? This is partially my fault too."

… I think my brain cells died. I just wanted him to kiss the poor fool so badly.

And the whole dialogue between them where Itachi confesses his feelings but announcing that Anbu were outside was hilarious.

"But… this is a love confession. I think they can wait."

"They have been waiting."

The blond gasped. "You mean they were perving on us? What the hell?"

It’s just awesome. Thank you for the amazing chapter!
Redwitch0587 chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
“Many times he thought about making clones walk with him so that they could help him to say hellos, but it just wouldn't be the same.”

That’s funny. I don’t think they would have been able to tell the difference.. lest they saw a hundred little Naruto’s running around lol. I enjoyed reading about his little group of fangirls and how they reduced Naruto to being unable to speak. It’s a rarity that I find any fics where there are girls flirting or admiring him. That sort of attention is constantly depicted towards Sasuke for whatever reason so I enjoy reading it about Naruto because not only is it more realistic (especially given recent events concerning Sasuke’s violent ninja ways), but because Naruto deserves to be admired as such.

“Naruto smiled. It was probably wrong that he found comfort in Sakura's complaints. Sakura was one of the many aspects that made home. Her complaints, her floral scent, her intelligent eyes and iron fist…. It was a comfortable silent walk and Naruto’s canine-sensitive ears picked up Sakura humming a tune under her breath. It lifted some unknown weight off his shoulders to see her like this, happy and content, even though he knew that just mentioning Sasuke’s name could ruin all of that. “

Let me tell you why I liked this description so much. It’s because you actually focused, from Naruto’s perspective, on the comfort he sees in Sakura. He truly does like her and people forget this. Many juvenile writers find ways to depict their personal distaste for her through the supposed perspective of the protagonist in their fiction. However, it is so ridiculously out there that they personally do not like the character that they ruin their entire fiction by making it look like Naruto (for an example) doesn’t like her (or worse, finds her annoying). That will never happen.

I find it important to express this because I have come across so many stories that bash Sakura. I’m talking about over-bashing to the extreme too. These subtle touches that you add truly bring the story to life because this is exactly how the real Sakura would act and how Naruto would feel.

The description you used to describe how Itachi seemed to be losing his sanity (or whatever it is that you were trying to portray) was intense. I felt this strange feeling in my chest- like it was tight and hurting that he was almost lost in his mind. Whether the glass represented some jigsaw puzzle of his mental psych or just broken shards of what was once his life, I don’t know. But my goodness you described the scene so well that I could feel how desperate Naruto almost was just watching him.

Their communication was sublime- innocent, abstract, challenging..

You know, the way you introduced the clone that had been staying with Itachi and how they had interacted brought butterflies to my soul. I just knew that it was getting lovey dovey with our Uchiha. Which brings me to this sentence:

“Problem number three was this: Naruto was pretty sure –almost definitely sure- that his clone had been in love with Itachi.”

Yeah, I would say that you successfully accomplished, in less than one chapter, in making readers want to see any subtle contact to transpire between Itachi and Naruto *gives you a clap on the shoulder*

“Damn that stupid clone for going and falling in love.” I just love Naruto’s internal mantra. It works perfectly for this story.

Wonderful chapter!
Lala chapter 3 . 7/31/2012
And then, after Three chapters of awesome, you stopped updating. Please end this atrocity, and update!
birningice chapter 3 . 6/9/2012
:O I can't believe you left it off there! so cruel...

besides that, I loved this story _
sesshoumaru4me chapter 3 . 6/7/2012
Awsome! Please update soon?