Reviews for Lord Potter's Own Will
Octavius6 chapter 24 . 7/25
I was wondering if there was going to be any more info on the two wands of Harry's. As they were to do some research before picking them up. And they have now picked them up. but that scene was just passed over...
EmlynMara chapter 40 . 7/20
So glad I finally got around to finishing this story. You wove an intriguing and interesting story. I learned so much through reading it and love the world you've created.

So sad to hear about all your struggles and losses. I hope you and your family have returned to health.

Thanks so much for seeing this through. Well done. And Sirius gets to be a father. Yay!
Im a bit confused as to why your showing harry as a selfish boy who thinks he's the centre of the universe when usually he's anything but as a lot of his actions are motivated by the fact that he thinks everyone else's lives are worth so much more than his own. It's been mentioned that he needs to trust more and just get over what the dursley did to him but he lived with them for almost 15 years and he's been away from them for less than a year it is said that the lessons learned in childhood are the ones that stay with you and he was taught that he was worthless and that other people couldn't be trusted which wa only made worse when he entered the wizarding world. His dad said he should get over it because he'd been to school and found people he coul trust that would stick by him but that isn't really true the only person who stuck by him on every single occasion was Hermione the way Ron treated him in his fourth year and his treatment earlier this year could not have helped his trust issues. He was also told he should trust Ginny but this relationship is also at most as year old before then he really didn't have anything much to do with her that's not really long enough to build trust. This year he has been able to rely on Remus an Sirius but again it's been at most a year and although they're helping him now they weren't much help after 4th year and this is the first time he's really had to put his trust in them. There are also Harry's motivations to think about part of the reason they're mad at him is because they don't believe he trusts them to keep him safe but he wasn't worrying about his own safety he was worried about theirs which shouldn't be a suprise as every year since he's entered the wizarding world it has been left up to him to save the day. He's also only 15 years old despite his legal status as an adult and sometime as a 15 year old he is going to act irresponsibly he is after all only a teenager. I know his words hurt Sirius but he shouldn't have run away he's supposed to be the adult instead of starting in about what he did wrong he should have found out why he did what he did I the first place the boy doesn't need a lecture he needs a mind healer who can help him sort through his emotional problems and the support of his friends and family just because he's emancipated and he's had a hard life doesn't mean he automatically knows how to act like an adult after all he's not exactly had the best of role models to emulate. I know this is a long rant and I'm sorry I am genuinely enjoying your story it's well written and a good read this last chapter just really got to me.
blimey2310 chapter 40 . 3/27
I really liked this story!
It was wonderful. Despite despising the Harry/Ginny pairing, I made it to the end because of the excellent plot, characterisation, mythology, mystery etc. At times though it was confusing - especially with the parts about Klytie seeing and Seeing. But it was all cleared up in the end. And I also liked how you made Daphne and Hermione not get insta-love like the others - it made it seem much more realistic, at least as realistic as fanfiction can get anyway.
Also, thank you so much for leaving the Harry/Ginny relationship open ended. I could make up my own messy break up for them both, because you hadn't married them! :D
(I know that's juvenile and petty, but I can't help how I feel!)
MrsFH chapter 40 . 3/11
Thanks for finishing this story, even though "real life" was so busy and stressful for you. Since I have a child with a chronic illness (OK, she's not a child anymore at 24, but she will always be my baby) that periodically lands her in the ICU, I know a little bit about how hard it is to be creative and productive while all of that is going on.

You're a very talented writer, and I have enjoyed your stories very much. Best of luck with your original fiction!
hi. I've really enjoyed the stories so far and even though you did hint at the ginny thing in the prequel, I honestly hoped Harry would get over it because I honestly hate her and Harry's not Oedipus. What I love most about FFN, even with all its issues, is that I can search for stories without characters, and I only read the ones without Ginny, and if she is in there its such a minor role and not a pairing with Harry. I was enjoying this story so much and then the end of the chapter came and honestly...puke. I'm sorry but the two of them are a ridiculously terrible pairing. I read your AN in the beginning of the next chapter and I'm sorry, but no matter how much I want to keep going with this story because its so great, I just can't get past the pairing. If you ever rewrite it and take her out, I'd be all over it, but I just can't continue to read this. You said its not going to be a romance so then why even include a pairing in the first place? Its not needed and it drives away readers because no matter how much i love this and want to keep reading to find out what happens and i've really loved every moment so far (up until xmas at Grimmauld), I just can't keep reading this. Next time, please do everyone a favor and if your not going to include ginny in the list of characters, at least have the decency to put H/G in the summary so we all know and are not suddenly shoved in the face with them kissing. Thanks.

And sorry again because you really are an excellent author and I really was enjoying things up until that point.
alix33 chapter 40 . 3/6
"Who knew the Longbottom's" - "Who knew the Longbottoms".
I'm still pissed-off at the way Harry was denied his family for 14 years.
Yay! for the razing of Grimmauld Place.
FFX2player chapter 40 . 3/4
Irony is that you wrote a coming of age for Harry, while coming of age as a writer, so to speak. :)

I'm glad in the end that Harry and Ginny are a work in progress. At the age of 18 most boys are really not ready for long term relationships, which is why I love the ending so much.

It's strange to think of this as ended. I mean, yes, it had a large hiatus a few times due to life being harsh on you, the author. But it still doesn't seem as if it can really be over. I thank you for writing a wonderful and intriguing take on how Harry might have changed the wizarding world :)
mwinter1 chapter 40 . 3/4
Awaiting more.
Lacy Mc chapter 40 . 3/4
Thank you for finishing the story. You did a great job. Good luck in your future endeavors :)
dmn410 chapter 39 . 1/31
I just completed a marathon read of this and its prequel. Excellent. You have great skill in spinning a story. I shall be visiting your author page and reading more of what you have to offer. Thank you for sharing. I loved this. It has been a pleasure to read.
n0b0dysang31 chapter 33 . 1/29
i found this story again after reading the first one, and the first few chapters of this one and then not finding the story after one of the hiatuses you had taken. i have been rereading your works and have greatly enjoyed your work up until this point. i was deeply disappointed in the last two chapters and how handling the magical equivalent of brain surgery was done. I mean, you messed with Harry's brain and mind in a very fundamental way with that ritual as he was bound to that horcurx and it was literally a part of his mind since infancy. As a medical professional, I have seen post anesthesia patients many times, and I can tell you that people are greatly altered in personality, highly emotional, and cannot be held accountable for their actions for up to 24 hours post operation from the anesthesia alone, never mind the actual screwing with someone's brain. So having someone undergo a rather obscure ritual, that no one has documented the after effects of very well, and expecting him to come out of it perfectly fine and in control of his actions immediately upon waking was horrible on the parts of the other characters. and what the heck was a 14 year old doing monitoring a person coming out of such circumstances? Of course he was going to have inappropriate and exaggerated emotional responses to everything! Ginerva Weaseley never should have been allowed to sit with him, and he should have never been allowed access to essentially a deadly weapon and for it to be on his person while mentally altered! for the other characters to blame him for his actions and make him feel such extreme guilt while under those effects was tantamount to abuse! Especially since it was their own faults for not being prepared for the outcome of such a ritual. And this is not even taking into account the abuse he suffered as a child based on your story and JK Rowlings. I mean, the ore realistic scenario for a child coming out of such neglectful and abusive situations would make him more in line with the character of Tom Riddle than Harry Potter. An no one has actually had him undergo counseling with a real mind healer for what happened to him through his entire life. That is a failure on the parts of every adult around him.
Once other point, from a legal standpoint. Since he is emancipated, also, the fact that people were restraining him and preventing him from leaving the room last chapter was legally false imprisonment as none of them were medical personnel or law enforcement and therefore cannot legally hold someone against their will. So anything he did legally can be construed as self defense as they were holding him essentially captive.
Guest chapter 39 . 10/28/2015
I HAVE BEEN WITH YOU SINCE IN THE BLOOD. WITH THIS YOU HAVE GONE AHEAD A CRAFTE NOT ONY A BEAUTIFUL STORY, BUT ONE THAT I FEE WORTHY OF JKR. THE ONLY THING I WILL ASK YOU IS THIS STORY WILL EVER BE REWITTEN TO . I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY IT WAS TAKE OFF AND JUST ASKING.
lilkathra chapter 39 . 10/18/2015
love to know what happens next
fraewyn chapter 39 . 10/17/2015