Reviews for Lord Potter's Own Will
Helenap chapter 24 . 3/8/2013
I am really enjoying this story. Looking forward to the next chapter.
jennadancer chapter 24 . 3/6/2013
Great chapter! Very interesting adding in the old Celtic religion as magical. One little thing, the holiday that you are referring to here as Imbolic is spelled without the second i, Imbolc. I completely understand if you changed it on purpose, though. Very much looking forward to the next chapter.
EmlynMara chapter 24 . 3/8/2013
FYI, I think St. Brigid was first an Orthodox saint. The Roman Catholic church didn't emerge until after 1054 AD. Up until that time all Christians (pretty much) were Orthodox. Interesting chapter. Can't wait to find out what is happening at Stargazer's. Some of the cracks are starting to show, now that the initial high is wearing off. Sounds like quite a few people need to sit down and talk and work some things through.
phhsdj chapter 24 . 3/5/2013
Keep going
Sugar Quill5302 chapter 24 . 3/5/2013
I hope Narcissa and Draco are okay.
I don't mean to sound as if I bate GXH, but why is Ginny being so clingy and acting like she wants to get marriedbto Harry right then and there? I mean, she's only fourteen. I get that she wantsbto spend time with Harry, but at thistle point Harry really does have more important things than a relationship to deal with. I'm all for the pairing, but there is enough drama without that being added. This really isn't against you just the whole concept. It just creates friction where it isn't needed, though it does at tension to the story.
Teufel1987 chapter 24 . 3/5/2013
Quote:"She'd claim he was under the Imperious Curse," Sirius replied. "I forgot you were related to her too.":End Quote

Yup, the Imperious Curse … makes people get a big head …

:D

Anyway, nice chapter. Like the history/culture lesson.

Bit mean of them to wash the leprechauns out. Though you'd think they would escape the painting quickly.

Till next chapter! I wonder what happened to Draco. Will whatever that is going to happen strengthen ties between Harry and Draco? I guess we'll find out soon …

At least I hope it is soon…

Cheers!
moriahhh chapter 24 . 3/5/2013
can't wait to see what happened:) Great chapter
alix33 chapter 24 . 3/5/2013
What a fantastic offer that was of Daphne's.
I do not think I will ever understand the concept of siblings being friends: My sister loathes me and the feeling is oh so very mutual.
Clingy Ginny nauseates me a fair bit, to be honest.
"Ginny had always had her Mum and Dad, so she wasn't patient when Harry said he wanted to talk with his Mum, Dad and the Marauders." - Beg, borrow, buy or steal a freaking clue, Ginny Weasley, you inconsiderate bint.
I have one pair of jeans with a tiny hole on one knee from my having fallen on an unevenly paved and dug up sidewalk (we call them "pavements" in South Africa) on my way to work one afternoon a couple of years back when the roads between my flat and the office were dug up. My mom is always on my case ever since that fall to get rid of that pair of jeans, but I will not, as long as the hole stays only a quarter of an inch or less big.
"Never liked that picture anyway," Freddie remarked. "Who in their right mind decorates with a painting of the inside of a dingy bar?" "I would," Sirius piped up. Freddie looked at him with love and amusement. "Of course you would," she replied drolly. "Maggie, dear, don't let him decorate anything on his own, please." "Promise," Maggie replied with a good laugh." - Depending on who or what is inside a dingy bar, I would hang a painting of it in my house too.
"While James and Lily had kept the days with his family after their death, it wasn't quite the same. They never understood why their friends didn't visit, and why little Harry wasn't being raised in the Potter family estate, as was decreed by their will. For all of them, today was truly something to be thankful for, and it brought home for them the true meaning of the day." - AW!
"Harry mumbled. "At least he's not another Snape." "No, Harry, my uncle showers." Maggie deadpanned and the Hogwarts students all laughed. Oisín looked confused, so Daphne leaned forward and whispered in his ear. "He was our Potions teacher and definitely never met a bar of soap he was willing to get personal with," she explained." - Hehehe.
I am sad that Eldon is seemingly not taking to Luna.
"She'd claim he was under the Imperious Curse," - "Imperius Curse".
"shared and hopeful glance." - "shared a hopeful glance."
Staring Ginny is creeping me out.
"Maggie produced blueberry scones and blush wine from the kitchen for a festive version of cakes and ale." - That wine sounds yummy, but I hate any and all forms of cooked blueberries. My mom has a regrettable fondness for making and serving blueberry muffins and I do not have the heart to tell her I find them utterly icky.
mdauben chapter 24 . 3/5/2013
An interesting discussion of the holiday and some intriguing snippets of personal relationship info. I feel a bit sorry for Ginny, though, as Harry seems rather preoccupied. I'll be looking forward to seeing what's going on at Sirius' house.
Stephanie O chapter 24 . 3/5/2013
I thought it was really interesting learning about their Holy Day of Imbolic. I can see Ginny acting a bit clingy to Harry, holding onto him whenever possible, just because she misses being near him - totally understandable. I just can't see her not understanding his need to spend time with his family, since she knows what kind of childhood he had. I'm glad we've gotten to see Maggie's accent again - I missed it when it "went away" for a while! Looks like her hottie cousin would have his pick of admirers in the house - can't say I blame him for taking the seat between Neville & the wall! (Girls can be a bit "scary" when they're crushing on a nice guy...they don't expect it, so they don't know how to handle it!) Looking forward to Harry's & Sirius' conversation about Ginny...am curious what Harry will do?
dragonlordrb chapter 24 . 3/5/2013
Argh! Not the dreaded cliffie! I keep trying to press the next button, BUT IT'S NOT THERE! HELP! Please-more story!
HGRHfan35 chapter 23 . 2/26/2013
I am SO IN LOVE with this chapter. The way you described the making of the wands, what they were made off, the cores. . . all so intricate & believable. Knowing you, you must've strewn in some hints here and there.

Ever the Romantic. . . who shall be Daphne's love interest in time?

I totally LOVED THIS!

ps: Have already gathered the ingredients for your banner. . . now to mix it. . .
HGRHfan35 chapter 22 . 2/26/2013
**The first thing to be dealt with would be his eyes. While he could have simply worn glasses, he didn't think he could do it. James' were often a nuisance and he didn't want to look any more like his best mate than he already did. A simple spell would right his sight, although he had to lay still for two hours after to ensure he'd completely heal. He'd need to be spelled to keep him still that long.

The skeletal issues would all be repaired with in one long surgery. His back would be repaired by straightening it, putting his vertebrae back into place and then removing the arthritis which had collected around the deformity. His shoulders would be repaired as well, the ligaments and tendons again stretched correctly. The recovery time and therapy required after would be extensive. It was a good thing Sirius didn't need to work, and had nearly unlimited funds at his disposal. He'd already decided a workout room would be created at Stargazer's Summit.

Once his back was healed, some of his internal injuries would be healed. Thankfully magic would be used, so no cutting into his body would be required. The scar tissue would be removed from around his intestines as well as on the skin of his abdomen and lower back. A series of potions and spells would heal the damage to his kidneys.** If only our problems could be healed that way...

**"I love you," Maggie said gently. "How could I run away? I'm here for the good and the bad."

"No one ever promised me that," he confessed. "I guess that's what love is."**Well, I guess that this is what you & hubby have together.. .. ..

Wonderful chapter & I am glad Sirius finally opened up to Maggie. Loved Remus getting his groove thang on :D:D:D
EmlynMara chapter 23 . 2/23/2013
Fascinating and very cool. I really enjoyed the chapter of their wand buying expedition.
Stephanie O chapter 23 . 2/21/2013
"Give it ta me, or I won't be staying the night," she cut in, playful laughter in her voice.

"Sounds like a good enough reason to me, Sirius," LOL :D (Yup, sounds like a very good reason!) ;)

I thought all the wand lore was very interesting, and I can't wait to see how Remus' new "werewolf wand" works for him! It sounds like Madame Greenwood could certainly give Ollivander a run for his money! :)
441 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »