Reviews for Lord Potter's Own Will
Stephanie O chapter 15 . 9/27/2012
I predict Astoria will soon be joining her sister in Ireland, because given Daphne's explanation, I can't see them denying her this chance at a better/safer education. Very interesting about Neville's new wand, too. Were there actual branches coming off his wand, or were they more like "buds" sticking out from the wood?
Oh, in the 2nd-to-last paragraph, can should be came. :) Can't wait to see what Arthur's message is! Hope you're feeling well!
Lupinesence chapter 15 . 9/27/2012
Great chapter, wonder what Mr Weasley is wanting to say? :)
HGRGfan35 chapter 14 . 9/14/2012
I'm REALLY gonna like this school. Hogwarts had something romantic but was not very practical ;) I think all students get to develop their thraits & personalities quite fast here. Develop more and come in to their own. FAB!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Stephanie O chapter 14 . 9/15/2012
I really liked the comment about Hermione's 'daisy chain of questions'! :) Looks like Remus will soon be called Professor again, I'm a-thinking! Can't wait to see how "eager" Harry can be when they're alone! :D That little moment there was nice and steamy!
EmlynMara chapter 14 . 9/14/2012
Great chapter! I'm really enjoying learning about the school and the way things are done in Ireland (and even the rest of the world).
lizzypotter14 chapter 14 . 9/13/2012
I'm glad that you were able to load the story. The transition from Hogwarts to the Irish Academy seems to be full of new challenges and a more dynamic approach to magic. I love the remark about the "the squibs"; the word always left a bad taste in my mouth. Cannot wait for the future chapters to observe the interactions between the kids and this new environment. Excellent work as always.
BARON2462 chapter 14 . 9/13/2012
great chapter very entertaining.
N714ym chapter 14 . 9/13/2012
It is a nice story, but it is to hard to read as it is. The story would be better in my option if you just type it normal.
lyaser53 chapter 14 . 9/13/2012
Looks like our friends will be quite far ahead in the end!
Lupinesence chapter 14 . 9/13/2012
Great chapter, love all the differences between here and the UK and the explanations for such. I wonder what the offer is for Remus too :)
alix33 chapter 14 . 9/13/2012
"The youth's start at the Irish Academy and learn how different their lives will be." - "The youths start".
"sliding his hands across Ginny's mid-section," - "midsection" is one word.
"embarrassed because of his inability to keeps his hands to himself and hers to resist him." - "inability to keep".
"I agree with and share Hermione's curiosity about spell writing.
A moment later black and white composition books with the school crest overlaid on the front, and pencils and folders filled with different coloured paper inside, appeared before them. All eight students looked at them surprised, the pure-bloods the most so, as they'd never seen Muggle school supplies in their lives. "I'm intrigued," Remus said. "You're using modern supplies, Muggle ones at that. Why not the traditional quills and parchment?" The natural teacher in the werewolf was showing, the bit of himself which he didn't mind showing through his tightly held mask and costume of normalcy. "Have ya seen da way most students write with da quills?" "I have," Remus replied. "I was the Defence professor at Hogwarts for a year." "Really?" Patrick uttered, sounding surprised. "I have sometin' I'd like to discuss with ya later," he quickly mentioned before drawing the conversation back to its point. "In part, it's due ta legibility, but also due ta cost effectiveness. We had residential students going through two or t'ree quills a mon't, they dinna come cheap. Parchment is da same way. When we discovered our Senior Cycle students were usin' da Muggle stuff anyway, we t'ougt it made sense ta do all da students." - Bless the Irish Academy, IMO, as the cost involved in even just making parchment has always bothered me too.
"The Irish tongue and Latin are also taught," - Awesome!
"Astronomy, Arithmancy, Ancient Languages and Runes, Divination, Magical Plants and Animals, Spell Writing, Government/Politics and Law," - I especially like the Ancient Languages and the Politics and Law.
"That is wicked," Hannah remarked. "I'd order ice cream and berries for every meal." "No chocolate?" Neville asked, quite intrigued by the girl. "Ooh, chocolate would be perfect with it," Hannah excitedly added. "Thanks, Neville," she said with a smile and a pat on his back. Neville blushed at the attention from such a pretty girl." - Hehehe, I have had ice cream with chocolate, but never with berries AND chocolate.
"It is not course work but rather home work." - "homework" is one word.
"Headmaster MacLiam went on to explain that students didn't have the necessary skills required for the on demand style of dining. Instead, the kitchen was staffed with local witches and wizards, some of whom might not have particularly strong magic. "Oh, Squibs," Susan remarked and the Headmaster looked at her. "Dat might be a term w'ich is acceptable at Hogwarts, but we dinna use it," he explained. Poor Susan looked like tears were imminent so Maggie wrapped an arm around her while they listened to a further explanation. "Our Ministry has been studyin' folks whose magic inna as strong, and what dey're finding is quite promising'. Dey likened it ta a viral infection; sometin' dat can be cured by killing da virus. It's hoped a cure will be developed soon." - Yay! for that research.
mdauben chapter 14 . 9/13/2012
Very interesting introduction to Irish magical schooling and painting a magical society somewhat different than the British one we are used to. As usual, I'll be looking forward to seeing what happens next.
jojor99 chapter 14 . 9/13/2012
I bet a few of them are wishing they were there from their first year. Interesting.
Teufel1987 chapter 13 . 9/8/2012
Well it's a nice story so far … there are a few mistakes, but we're all human!

I can't wait for more!

Question: a few chapters back you said that that chapter was the last chapter. Why did you say that when you were continuing?
Teufel1987 chapter 12 . 9/8/2012
A bit of an oddity: you said that wizards generally stick to pagan beliefs and stuff … yet when they said grace, it sounded definitely Christian …
441 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 .. Last Next »