Reviews for Lord Potter's Own Will
lizzypotter14 chapter 12 . 8/30/2012
Excellent chapter. It was an amazing transition from all the changes. I can see Lady Potter's opinion about the reason behind Ron's refusal to accept Harry's offer. Cannot wait to see what is in store for them at the Irish Academy. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. My prayers are with you and your family during this time. I wish for a prompt recovery. Take care.
Lupinesence chapter 12 . 8/30/2012
Great chapter, and I learnt the word 'commonality' so I'm ridiculously pleased :)
Silverdragonstar chapter 12 . 8/30/2012
What a great update. Loved the end scene with James & Lilly watching dinner.
Safe journey and well wishes to you and your dad.
HGRHfan35 chapter 12 . 8/30/2012
This Was:
Beautiful!
Impressive!
Sweet!
Humoristic!
Bittersweet!

And I ADORE how you wrtie Maggie's accent! Makes it so much easier to read :)
alix33 chapter 12 . 8/30/2012
"Around from the lounge to the conservatory through the entryway and the new school room to the kitchen and then back around." - "schoolroom" is one word.
"I had no where to go," - "I had nowhere to go,".
Prudence Potter sounds like she is a nice witch (or her portrait makes it sound).
"A whooshing sound in the entryway caught Maggie's attention. "What was that?" "Someone else's trunk arrived. I wonder if it was Daphne or Ron?" Remus wondered aloud, the first to make it out to the entrance area for the cottage. He looked at the trunk and was pleased to read the initials 'D.G.' in elegant script across the lid of the case." - Hogwarts trunks are one of the many things I envy the witches and wizards in the Potter-verse the most, I just have ever since PS first came out in book form ages ago ADORED the idea of those trunks they had.
"Ow," Ginny said. "My bum ended up on the toe of your boot, Hermione." "Sorry, Ginny. At least I was wearing the rounded end ones, rather than the pointed ones," the older girl apologised. "Point taken," the young red-head answered and everyone started laughing." - That punny little conversation made me laugh.
"He began going over the general information as Maggie and Sirius slipped from the room to make tea and to begin supper." - You do know that in British English the word "tea" already refers to the meal eaten in the evenings as well as the drink brewed from plant leaves? So that, there, you could have been a bit tautological, unless you meant the drink tea?
"My Gran wouldn't let me clean. She said she was afraid I'd break things," Neville sadly said." - AW, poor Neville!
"The only thing I won't do is pluck pants out of trouser legs. That is your personal responsibility." The girls made sounds of revulsion and Sirius must have said something, as Maggie slapped him on the head." - Hehehe, doing that where my dad's clothes are concerned makes my mom totally do her nut on a regular basis still, after 42 years of marriage.
"or while doing school work." - "schoolwork" is one word.
"She and Sirius bring up another point: full-frontal snogging or more is forbidden in common areas of the house." Everyone laughed, except Sirius who glared and Maggie who blushed and hid her face behind her hands. "Okay, everyone, enough taking the mikey out of them," Remus said, getting the meeting back to its point. "After the first offence of public affections, you'll need to put a sickle into the snogging jar. We'll do something fun with the money when we have enough." - Hehehe.
"While Sirius and Maggie share a bedroom when she's here, feel free to collect from him when he forgets the rules, which he'll do often," Remus teased his best mate. Sirius flipped him the bird, which caused Remus to point out the other jar on the table. "There's also a swear jar, which he will contribute to heavily as well." "Bloody hell, you trying to take away my settlement from the Ministry?" Sirius complained and everyone laughed. Maggie handed him the swear jar and he just dumped in several galleons. "Should cover me for a while." The laughter grew." - Hehehe, the instant I read about the snogging jar, I wondered whether there was going to be a swear jar too. If we had to have one of those (a swear jar) on the night copy desk, most of the staff would have to arrange a debit order paying over our whole salary (after all deductions and other debit orders) each month, leaving us no money for food and groceries.
"What's so funny?" Harry asked from the doorway, looking rather ragged. "Sirius already had to add funds to the swear jar. He's pre-paid for a week or so," Hermione explained. Harry looked to his godfather and smirked." - Harry's smirk was very amusing.
"Harry helped Remus explain that the hours from eight to eleven were study time." - Hehehe, those were the exact same study hours in my college dorm in freshman year, too.
"All three adults, as well as the portraits of Harry's family were available to help with most core subjects as well as several specialisations." - Nifty, that.
"Hermione, who was taking fervent notes." - If she were not taking copious notes, I would have been hugely surprised.
"lamb stew, roasted parsnips and freshly baked soda bread, compliments of Maggie's Mum and Grandmum. There were also some oatmeal and raisin biscuits and vanilla ice cream for dessert." - Yum!
"I helped with the stew." Sirius said. "Are we sure it's edible?" Harry asked. "I seem to remember some eggs a while back -" "Careful what you say there, Pup. You're on dinner duty tomorrow night." - Hehehe.
"Unbeknownst to anyone, James and Lily had slipped into the portrait of a path in the woods. They sat together on a stump, enjoying seeing their friends warmly sharing a meal with their son and his friends. Remus caught the small pair while he was looking around the room. He gave them a crooked smile, one which James returned, while Lily wiped a tear from her eye." - AW! Hey there, Lily and James!
Stephanie O chapter 12 . 8/30/2012
It's good to see more about how the school year's going to work for them! I like the idea of them being able to talk to the portraits and learn from their expertise as well as their 'living' instructors - it's a great, often-untapped resource they can draw from. :) So, I assume Ron's choosing to stay at Hogwarts? Maybe this way he'll make a name for himself and help his confidence a little bit.
Fallen-Petals15 chapter 12 . 8/30/2012
I don't get the saying grace bit, was there a point to it? is there going to be a prominent Christian aspect to the story? only it may make some readers uncomfortable, and in the wizarding world i'd have thought it would be more pagan or have roots in pagan.
EmlynMara chapter 12 . 8/30/2012
It's fun to find out more of their plans. I'm not surprised that Ron didn't come. Looking forward to seeing how this develop. Hogwarts certainly is in an uproar. I don't envy McGonagall.
mdauben chapter 12 . 8/30/2012
Another good chapter. Interesting situation with Ron, I wonder what effect that will have on his school life and his friendships with Harry and Hermione? Looking forward to reading more about the Irish Academy and whatever else happens next!
HGRHfan35 chapter 11 . 8/23/2012
The mobile site will not let me log in anymore ;( which is quite weird. *shrugs*

What scares me the most about people/criminals like Dumbledore, is their total believe that they are righteous. Quite narcisistic and he is in fact a mission based criminal. He shan't stop until he reaches his goal. Which is stopping Voldemort. An admirable goal but the fact he literally goes over dead bodies to get there is frikkin' weird. I cannot help thinking that JK did a great job at covertly showing that any government or state, whether Muggle or Magical (real or fictional) is actually quite dictatorial. Money rules and Power is all consuming. I think most politicians start their career with admirable goals. Ut once money & power come to play. . . .
As for the Dursleys, mmm, tough. They are abusive with Harry,yes. But let us look at Dudley;could he EVER be normal? So spoiled and already a true bully. Could he be saved?

Oh Mutt, I give you an O on this chapter! I loved it! You really were quite clear on the case and the charges. What a delight to read. Thank YOU!
Lupinesence chapter 11 . 8/24/2012
Great chapter :)
HGRHfan35 chapter 11 . 8/23/2012
So I left a very lenghty review via phone...but don't see it anywhere! Dang!
In short: I LOVED it. You where elaborate on the indictment but very clear. I could so hear Madam Bones' posh voice stating all these fact. You did well.

You know what scares me the most about Dumbledore? The fact he is so adament that he is completely right and justified in his actions. It was all for the greater good. That makes him a mission based criminal. Very narcissistic in his handling of affairs. With him, I can see the correlation between his actions and the dictatorial state that are some seems so gentle & he is very charismatic but if you do not act & do as is expected. . .he simply does not hesitate to sacrifice that person for the greater good; the defeat of Voldemort.

It is like what we see happening all over the world. In our attempts to defeat an enemy we actually become just like the enemy. We kill, we maim,we manipulate and all that in our goal to save the world from a dictator/president/leader/criminal that kills, maims & manipulates. . . .
jojor99 chapter 11 . 8/23/2012
I was very excited to see a new chapter. Dumbledore seems a little oblivious to everyone else's feelings on this - his way or the highway almost. Looking forward to the next chapter.
alix33 chapter 11 . 8/23/2012
"the pair did not have time to linger and regale the portraits of the old man's reactions," - "the pair did not have time to linger and regale the portraits with the old man's reactions,".
"I'm surprised to see you here," Harry said after greeting the man with a hardy grasp of his arm as well. "Lord Potter, I may be the most recent incarnation of the Myrddin, but I am also the representative of the bloodline," Patrick explained. "No, I didn't mean to imply you didn't belong here or anything like that," the young Lord stumbled over his words. "Harry," Patrick said in a calming voice while placing his hand on Harry's robed arm. "I didn't take your words as anything questionable. I assume it's like a child who sees their tutor outside classes, and they're surprised to see them shopping for groceries like everyone else." "Exactly," Harry said with relief. "The first time I saw Miss Madeline, my first grade teacher, I was stunned. I thought she lived in the school building." "Sounds as if I'm in good company with Miss Madeline," Patrick joked and they shared a laugh." - Hehehe. MY first grade teacher was newlywed to a guy who was also the deacon for our parish in church, so I knew full well Miss Martina did not live in the school building.
Bribes that include food, those tend to work more often than not, hehehe.
Is that Ms. Dippet related to that IMO incompetent former Hogwarts headmaster?
Ah, Sirius just answered my question above. Ta awfully, Sirius!
Silverdragonstar chapter 11 . 8/23/2012
Fantastic!
Thanks for the sooner than expected update.
408 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 .. Last Next »