Reviews for Unsaid
Darknessdawns chapter 1 . 10/21/2019
That was beautiful. Its definitely something that should have been addressed in the game but I find myself just as happy seeing it here.
SapphiRubyCrys chapter 1 . 6/11/2017
Aw... Yea this scene is really good. There was something missing in the game with Mage Hawke and Fenris. I know what you mean. Great job
Naya Zephronic chapter 1 . 6/17/2014
This is amazing! I always thought Fenris would have some -different- reaction to a mage-Hawke, begin with his actual feelings with him/her down and then if they managed to even make it this far. I always felt the relationship was too cookie cutter and didn't match with his personality, he shouldn't be attracted to a mage and then when he is, his biting marks should change at least a little for his/her sake. Thank you for this you've done justice haha!
Shanea1981 chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
Thank you for that :) I was missing that scene too when playing the Mage/HawkexFenris romance. This should have benn in the game... definetely!
GlysMari chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
The characters talk the BioWare talk and walk the BioWare walk. It took 20 minutes before I figured out what must have happened. A massive power outage lost this scene in cyberspace during transmission. "Unsaid" was supposed to be in the game, but it didn't make production deadline. Oh Maker! *awed gasp* You're one of the Bio... *crash*

{background voice} Somebody help me get Glys off the floor. She fainted.
sweetmarlene94 chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Hello!
I love this! I was actually thinking the same thing when I played the romance with Fenris. There always seemed to be that missing discussion where the meaning of him being by her side wasn't merely implied. Especially when he says that she is strong in one of the conversations with Anders, who was trying to get a feel of him in the second or third act (sorry, not really sure at the moment which act it was.) Also, there should have been a conversation about her sister beyond the one on the first encounter where he finally is recruited (you know, right after they discover Danarious is not in the mansion). Then again, they could have not known how to integrate that to the rest of the things or they just did it to save space. Only they know why they did that.
In any case, I like your writing a whole lot. I can imagine most of the stuff pretty easily happening, especially since I have played the game quite a few times. The fact that the place is kind of predetermined saves you a whole lot of work with not describing the place. Almost everyone that reads is pretty much acquainted with the game and knows where the scenes are taking place, along with who the characters are. Downfall is if someone that hasn't actually played it or has yet to reach said parts decided to read it, he or she would get lost. Then again! Why would you read it if you didn't know who the characters are and what the main story (the game) is about? There are a few things about description you could get into also, but simple is good. I like it. :D
It's kind of my first time in making one of these reviews here so... Yeah. Thank you for the time you took to write this and read what others have to say. Even if this review is mostly about, well, why didn't the game creators placed that? Well, thank you again for your time. :)
LilithiaRW chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Wow! As short as this is, this was written wonderfully! Good job!
FenZev chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
I agree with you that this should've been addressed. Glad you did it. Loved it.
Phifalling chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
Yes, this scene needs to be in the game. I hate how Fenris just ignores the fact that Hawke is an apostate after their first conversation, while still saying all mages are evil. It is because of the lack of this scene that I can never bring myself to have a mage Hawke romance Fenris. I was also annoyed that there was no difference in story from being a bloodmage versus a normal mage. Even Awakening had a conversation with Anders that recognized if he was a bloodmage, and yet Hawke is apparently really good at hiding it because no one, not even her love interest, recognizes it. I love Bioware, but they left some major thingss out for mage Hawke.
Day of the Wolf chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Yeah, this is in the game. I can't play it again without this scene!
Sarahrei chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
Awesome, I love this. Very well written.
Helena Everbreeze chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
You are so right, they are sadly lacking in a conversation such as this! Thank you for creating a place for such!
melgonzo chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
This would have been nice to see! Now at least I can read back on my mage playthrough and /sigh... XD
NoMadKa chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
Oh the irony...and the sweetness of the moment... Fenris protecting his beloved mage. I like this side of him. By the way, while playthrough the similar scene was playing in my head - my sarcastic hawke suddenly getting afraid of templars, almost to panic, and Fenris telling her he will never allow that. Though in my head that happened in the act 2, somewhere after so called 'that night'
Enchanter T.I.M chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
Every time I read fics like this...only makes me wonder what it be like in the game for consequences for conversations being said. 8sigh* thanks for making my imagination run rampant again.