Reviews for Lights Go Down
CryingRedTears chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
So sad you never finished this. But I am glad you gave us what mightve happened so it still gave closure. Anyways, Ive read this like ten times. And every time I'm always blown away by how powerful this first chapter is. Amazing.
orangescones chapter 4 . 2/15/2013
awww, bittersweet endings ;_;
Creature chapter 4 . 2/8/2013
Maybe update the summary to say this is abandoned. I wouldn't have wasted my time reading the first chapters if I knew it'd never be finished...
sparklyshimmer2010 chapter 4 . 2/7/2013
Wow, this is really disappointing. I haven't yet, even with the multitude of critiques around, understood why people have been so disappointed in Korra. I mean, it has unperfect characters, so what? They didn't like the end plot device, I'm sorry? It was a freaking kids show, and they won't be analyzing like we do, and was only originally *twelve* episodes. Not to say that's why you were disappointed. But wasted? I don't see how anything was wasted. I chose to *really* enjoy every moment of it.

That said (and I'm sorry I went on there, I have a lot of feelings about this that I don't often write about), I think I'm mostly disappointed that you're choosing not to continue this. A. because the main thing you were pulling from LoK *was* it's setting, and that's what you said you loved. and B. because I was actually enjoying this fic *so much more* than Solar Winds right now. I think Solar Winds, while it still has good writing, has gotten too long and complicated, and I'm just not caring to figure out the plot as much or caring as much about the characters...

I'm sorry, but I couldn't even read the summary you provided. I just...don't think it would do Lights Go Down any justice.
sapphiretwin369 chapter 4 . 2/7/2013
I have to say I'm really disappointed you're not finishing this story. I enjoy Lights Go Down far more than Solar Winds, and I also really really enjoyed Legend of Korra. It's actually Glee that been a *major* disappointment lately (and by that I mean the whole fourth season).
That being said, I still think you're a great writer and I appreciate that you gave a summary for those who want to read it (I personally am not going to in hopes of there being more someday, however unlikely that may be).
Jamie chapter 4 . 2/7/2013
I'm sad to see this awesome story discontinued, but I share your feelings about Korra and I understand why you lost muse for it. Thanks for posting a summary of the rest of the story instead of just letting the fic die and leaving your readers in suspense.
lunarbeast15 chapter 4 . 2/7/2013
O...M...G! Even though that was just a summary I swear to God I was fricking crying, laughing, happy, pissed. It was like I was reading a full fucking story. Hell, that was better then most full stories out there.
How the hell do you right so well!?
I know you said you probably wont finish it, but maybe in the future when SW is done, and hopefully if The Legend of Korra meets your standards, you will consider it.
After reading this I REALLYYYYYY want to read the actual story. You are an AMAZING writer. My God i'm putty in the hands of your writing.
So please think about it! :)
Laci chapter 4 . 2/7/2013
Shame that this story will never truely bear fruit but it's nice to have a taste. I wish more stories that are dc'd did this. At least I know now what you had planned and a rough idea on how things happened.
This did actually move me to tears and as is already established you give a nod to the original Avatar without ripping off the ideas entirely. Course I'm referring to the self sacrificial move Blaine made at the end, echoing Zuko taking Azula's lightning to protect Katara. The misunderstandings and personal prejudicial tone were also brilliantly exercised in the way I wish Legend of Korra had. You definately created something worthwhile here and I'm glad you at least felt it prudent to share the rough version of events.
And yes, Korra was a little dissappointing for more reasons than one. I felt as if it fell short of what it could have been by miles. The lessons, messages and feelings they leave us with were extremely disappointing. Korra goes for the douchy guy who on several occasions treats her like gutter slime. Amon turns out to be a bender. Also I feel as if many of the characters the only reason we grow attached to them at all is who their parents were and some of them were pure fanservice. Iroh anyone? Ultimately even though Korra is more proactive than Aang, she ends up doing very little to directly solve her problems.
I wanted to see the country engulfed in civil war. I wanted to see crime syndicates abusing their power. I wanted to see Asami suffer a greater moral conflict and display some non Mary Sue traits. The atmosphere they developed had so much potential and they could have easily linked it with real life situations, everything from racism to poverty to other unfair advantages people hold over one another. I also wanted to see perhaps a second movement develop that is seperate from the equalists; peaceful protest. There was so much there and its horrible to see it go to waste.
Anyways enough of me ranting. Thank you for sharing this with us. I understand completely why you feel as if you cannot complete this. That being said, if the inspiration ever strikes you I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that you could, very well, make a series of oneshots depiction some of the scenes you have so vividly described. You needn't put them in chronological order; heck you don't even need to do it at all. Just a suggestion, as I'm sure you have a lot on your plate that is the excellence known as Solar winds.
waveblader213 chapter 4 . 2/7/2013
It's so sad that this couldn't have been finished in it's entirety because I know it would have been awesome. Your writing is so good that even a summary captivated me from beginning to end haha. I guess I can only hold on to Solar Winds for now, and then when you actually have a novel out, I'll be sure to buy it!
Brennend chapter 4 . 2/6/2013
That's alright, the summary alone broke my heart. Good job and I totally understand not being able to continue. Thanks for giving us the summary.
Cali-447 chapter 4 . 2/6/2013
How is it that even your summary is good?! Even that just gave me feels and I need to do homework.
That was wonderful and I thank you for having the courage to post this. I am a little sad to know it's not going to be finished, but this softened the blow.
Thank you again.
JustCause chapter 3 . 7/25/2012
I haven't left a review for this story but something just occurred to me. When Kurt is describing how important bending is to him, he says that being without bending is like being born blind. In a way, this reveals some kind of small bias he has against non-benders. Being a non-bender is similar to being disabled. Of course, he's making an analogy but the idea seems to be there, that being unable to bend is a bad thing, a determent or disability of a sort. It's only a small casual thought but one that permeates all of Avatar-verse.

The analogy also leaves out the fact that people can be born blind and it's ok as long as everyone else is blind. If you are reminded everyday that people can see and that seeing is a wonderful thing then you do miss sight even if you've never had it. You yearn for something you never had.
agnesiest chapter 3 . 6/25/2012
Have you abandoned this.? Please don't.
Perfectly-Imperfect-447 chapter 3 . 6/24/2012
Can't wait for more!
Perfectly-Imperfect-447 chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
So yeah, I just decided to take a look at you profile ame see how you were and what not, and then I find this. How could I have not have seen this before? I'fe only read the prologue and I can see it's gonna be good!