Reviews for Emulating Mai
NatNicole chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
OMG, this is AWESOME!
mysterygirl159 chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Love this piece. I can totally understand that despite Jinora's quiet nature, she is very observant to her surroundings.
JackieStarSister chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
This is excellent! Jinora is precocious and a little bit shrewd. I like what you wrote about her being observant because she always appears busy reading. The last bit was amusing, too. Good job on this.
jquackers chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Bahah, I always have loved Jinora. She's definitely the most mature and most "normal" of Tenzin and Pema's kids. Extra emphasis on the quotes. Love how you mention her quiet nature and how she prefers to keep in the background, observing and processing her surroundings. I don't think she gets enough credit for how valuable a trait that can be. I also love how, for an instant, another side of her leaked out, a more playful and mischievous side resembling Meelo. It's amazing how quickly she covered it up, though, considering she's only ten years old. Anyhow, the comment about the knives totally got me. All in all, great job on this. I really enjoyed seeing the interaction between Korra and Jinora (their names rhyme bahaha I'm such a dork). Hope to see more from you!
Analie Janes chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
I like this interaction between Jinora and Korra. I understand what you mean by saying Mai and Jinora are similar. And you wrote this piece well! Good job! :)

Analie
winterdevils chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Well, this was awesome, as I have said before. Enjoyed this piece very much. Well done.
KitanavsMileena chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
I firstly want to say that I adore your Avatar fics, especially the Maiko ones. I never really had any sort of affinity for Mai prior to reading your work; in the series she's so understated, but you delve into a whole new level of complexity that makes the character absolutely amazing!

Now on this particular story, it's kinda funny because I immediately thought of Jinora being a bit like Mai when she delivered her infamous, "I will make no such promises" line. The very nonchalant, straight-to-the point way she said it struck a familiar chord.

Well done!
Overlord Ixmythot chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
I openly love the fact that we had one big conversation about this, and it inspired you to write something!

Now, what would make this even better, is if somehow, this was actually TRUE, in universe regarding Jinora.
Polymorphe chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
Nice writing and characterization ! Indeed, Jinora is already awesome but emulating Mai - who is pure awesome herself - would make an explosive cocktail later :D
TamedTempest chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
oh! That was good, I liked it. Are you going to add more to it?

and yes, Jinora is much more clever and aware of the world than anyone realizes.
Private Fire chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
This made me laugh. It would take a 10-year old to see what is clearly on display for a teenager, but somehow missed. I love Jinora and also see Mai-like qualities in her. I also like the thought of her emulating her. Jinora's personality is pretty much reserved, like her father, and in that sense is already a step closer to being Mai-like.

How true: just because someone is not an active participant, their presence is practically forgotten and much (sometimes way too much) is revealed unwittingly. Think the original Star Trek series: Kirk sits back and watches while Spock verbally engages Kahn. People ingore children far more easily.

I also like the thought of a series of books covering the histories of our heros throughout their life times. A history of Zuko and Mai is exactly what Jinora would pick up after reading her Gran Gran's account of things.

This is very original and I would love to see more on Jinora.
Jokermask18 chapter 1 . 5/3/2012
This was okay but Jinora emulating Mai? Didn't catch that at all. Still not bad.

As for my shipping thoughts: Borra FTW and neither Korra nor Assami deserve to be dragged down by Mako.

also,Zutara sucks,Kataang rules.

Just in case you wanted to know.