Reviews for The Counterfeits
mira mirth chapter 12 . 6/1/2012
Really impressive. I haven't read the novels in question, but from here it seems like the fusion works rather well indeed.

Before I go on to the things I liked: there's quite a few typos in the later chapters, with dialogue punctuation missing or a line break gone, e.g. "In the middle of undoing her bike lock, she cocked an eyebrow "Is it somebody bad?"" It breaks the flow of the story somewhat.

But really well written otherwise. It's one of those rare stories where the reader's attention is firmly gripped even by scene-setting and transition paragraphs, because the prose sucks you in and draws you along. I don't know how much of this is your original ideas and how much of the entire plot has been taken from the other novels, but it's really well thought out. Admittedly, it would be better if there had been a resolution to the mystery of who'd made the clones and for what purpose, but even so. Good work.

It's got no Star Trek feel at all, or at least to me, but I'm always open to AUs and this was certainly a memorable one.
Anon chapter 12 . 5/31/2012
I agree- why not more reviews? This was a really well-written piece I just discovered and read all at once. It completely sucked me in, and was so different from almost anything else I've read on this site!
Madtrek chapter 12 . 5/21/2012
Why does this not have more reviews? It's awesome - there's so much plot and character development packed in here I can hardly stand it. It's the perfect amount of action vs. angst. This is a beautiful piece of work that definitely deserves more credit.
Zinc10 chapter 10 . 5/16/2012
No! Don't transfer Spock! You still have to make up with Kirk! :(

Besides, black math sounds BORING! Don't do it!
Zinc10 chapter 8 . 5/13/2012
F*CK Yeah! That was awesome! The last line really had me cheering!

I can't wait for the next chapter. Is Jim going to pretend he was murdered? Because being murdered by the guy that actually murdered Will is more believable than a reaction to new antibiotics.

I can't wait for the next chapter! :)
Zinc10 chapter 7 . 5/10/2012
I can't believe no one's commented on this piece.

It's really amazing! the story actually has PLOT! It was a little confusing at first, with all the clone names being different from their non-clone counterparts, but the idea and the mystery are both very exciting.

I can't wait to see who the murderer is! My guess is whoever galia is cloned from. Although to be honest, up until last chapter I thought it was danek. :P

It can, at times, be more concise. You can convey a lot with less words and you don't need to spell out every emotion or thought the characters are feeling/thinking.