Reviews for Violet Fire
Elianna Eldari chapter 36 . 5h
I've studies a bit about medieval martial arts, and you cannot wear anything longer than a short dagger in a sheathe on your back. I know that it's been popularized in pop culture, but it's completely impractical and results in not being able to draw one's weapon.
Elianna Eldari chapter 7 . 17h
Hey! I'm really enjoying this work, and there are a lot of original elements to it. However, it rightly should be listed as a fanfiction crossover work between Tamora Pierce's Tortall books and Robin Mckinley's The Blue Sword. That you haven't listed this, as far as I can see, is dishonest and plagiarism, considering how closely you follow certain elements (taking nearly direct dialogue and description). If I don't see an updated disclaimer either on the work itself, or see it listed differently next time I check, I'll report it.
KassandraShakespeare chapter 75 . 2/23
I really do love this story, I was encaptured from the first moment. I only began to read it after the epilogue was posted, but I can see how you've grown in the 5 years since it began. So much can change in 5 years, but you stuck out through it, when a lot of writers would've given up on their incredible idea. If this wasn't a fanfiction - of one of the greatest book series' to this day honestly - I'd recommend trying to get it published. It's that good. So thank you, for adding even more incredible adventures and characters to Tortall.
Jonumair chapter 75 . 2/11
This story is amazing! The best I have read on fanfic and up there with the best books I've read full stop. I was lucky to have read it in one go. I will definitely be reading it again. If you have this as a pdf I'd be immensely grateful if I could have a copy. I can't believe you didn't continue writing. You have so much talent. I can't believe you started this so young. I hope that your happy with your lot and I want to thank you for sharing your talent and story. I started to feel sad towards the end knowing it would be over soon. Despite wanting to know the conclusion. I feel so connected to the characters and indirectly to you. Thanks again xoxo
skyra11 chapter 75 . 12/9/2015
Thank you so much for writing this book - and I'm so glad I found it once it was finished! Haha I loved it! Ana, Will and all of their friends and family have now become part of my Tortall, and for that reason I thank you for finishing it, and writing it in such a way that stays true to tamora pierce's characters and doesn't change who they are. I love the fact that you were able to take modern things (electricity and guns) and merge them into the land of Tortall flawlessly. I laughed and cried and held my breath and devoured this book in just under a week - I don't know if that's a comfort to you, who have spent so much time writing, but take it in the sense that I could not put it down. I love this book and would love to have the pdf version so I can print it and put it with the rest of my Tortall books, if you still have it.
This last chapter makes me wonder. On one hand I like the ending, because you still have questions, but on the other hand I still have questions! Like does the deal Ana made mean she can't pass on? Is she immortal?what happens if she's killed while being champion? How can she be champion if she's Queen, I'm pretty sure Will would be upset (understatement) if someone killed her. How did the imp die, and what part did Alanna have in it? I called it that Darius and illienco would get together - I was so happy with that chapter. You did amazing foreshadowing. I think the chapter when Marc is exposed as traitor wasn't up to the rest of the story's standard (off a bit) but that can happen in all books (like when keladry giggles in squire). Who did Marc get to help him from the chaos realm and what does Ana end up doing with the baby demon?

See, lots of questions still! But I will make up my own answers to them :)

I still can't believe I found such an amazing written storyline! Thank you once again and I hope you're doing well, Skyra
Cadaverous Apples chapter 75 . 9/10/2015
Just wanted to drop a quick note to say I absolutely LOVED this (written better than Pierce's books IMHO).
Cadaverous Apples chapter 1 . 8/7/2015
Absolutely magnificent. Thank you!
LisiLouLah chapter 75 . 7/5/2015
I just stumbled onto this story, I thought it was very well written. I loved all of your original characters and the twists and turns kept me guessing, which a lot of fics can't do anymore!

Lisa x
ladysybil1995 chapter 75 . 5/9/2015
Just wanted to say the last review was from me, no idea why they put "Guest" :)
Guest chapter 75 . 5/9/2015
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this story and for finishing it after five years. I only just found your story, therefore I was a lucky one who could read the whole story in one go. I must say, I hadn't dreamt of finding such a masterpiece at Fanfiction (no insult intended). This is an entire book! The storyline for an entire novel! I can't imagine how much of your time you invested in this, but let me tell you: It was worthwhile. Even though your dreams and ideas for your future might have changed since you started this story, or read Tamora Pierces' books, please always keep in mind, however, that you are a brilliant storyteller and that you have an incredible way with words. Don't stop writing. Even if it's just for your kids or letters to your family, you will always be able to bring joy and happiness to your reader as you have brought joy and happiness and sorrow and longing to me and every other reader of your expansion of the Tortallan universe. Your story will always have a place next to Alanna's in my heart.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

And I'd also love it if I could have a PDF-version of this story. ;)
Guest chapter 13 . 3/26/2015
"Ana could feel the power building in him; it tickled her awareness, making her nose itch faintly. "
I love the subtlety here, slow but steady character building
Lollypops101 chapter 75 . 3/9/2015
Wow! I can't believe you actually came back to this after so long. I really like this epilogue, but I am still confused by it. I will probably reread the entire story again soon, and that will probably help.
Navigator101 chapter 75 . 3/9/2015
I think this has to be my favorite of the entire story. It's hopeful, bittersweet and a little bit of everything in between. I love the focus on Alanna and George and that you can still see the love and devotion they share. I enjoyed Thom and even George going after him for his selfish ways, because in the end Thom always thought about Thom first even though Alanna was the only person he loved besides himself.

The payment for the ferrier was interesting. Is it permanent or just a memory? It sounds like it might be permanent and for George to forget his Thom's smile would be so sad, even if as a God it's not that important anymore to him.

I like that you end with Faithful, I always liked to imagine he split his time between Beka and Alanna when the girls came to the Paceful realms. I also like that there's hope for everyone as there's a sapling.

If a friend hadn't see you'd updated I don't know when I would have found this. I apparently took Violet Fire off during one of my cleaning sprees of my alerts. I don't tend to Haunt the TP sections anymore. I still love SotL and everything up through Terrier but after Bloodhound and Mastiff I just felt like she was a different author. The books didn't feel the same.

I would love to get the manuscript for Violet Fire, and I'm glad your happy, but I don't think you should give up writing. Maybe you don't dream of being a professional writer anymore, but you might consider just dabbling in fanfic from time to time to keep yourself fresh. You've grown a lot with this story, and just think about what you can write now that you're older and have more experiences behind you. It doesn't even have to be TP.
Noorha chapter 74 . 1/18/2015
While I loved the whole story I want you to know that you very last chapter is the one that I loved the most. I can't stand how much I enjoyed this last chapter, and at the word contagious I seriously started to cry and laugh hysterically. I'm not sure how I missed this wonderful fic during my youth on here, while I dabbled heavily in POTS and SOTL fics, but this could not have entered my life at a better time. Thank you so much for sharing Ana and Will, Lucas and Illieno with me, and allowing me to fall in love with your characters.
Excellently done. 10/10, will read again.
KimchiGirl chapter 74 . 11/4/2014
Re-reading this fic was truly a pleasure. I love how you wove the plot so intricately! I truly enjoyed reading it again! Will there be an epilogue or a sequel of some sorts?
1,865 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »