Reviews for Violet Fire
Cadaverous Apples chapter 1 . 8/7
Absolutely magnificent. Thank you!
LisiLouLah chapter 75 . 7/5
I just stumbled onto this story, I thought it was very well written. I loved all of your original characters and the twists and turns kept me guessing, which a lot of fics can't do anymore!

Lisa x
ladysybil1995 chapter 75 . 5/9
Just wanted to say the last review was from me, no idea why they put "Guest" :)
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for this story and for finishing it after five years. I only just found your story, therefore I was a lucky one who could read the whole story in one go. I must say, I hadn't dreamt of finding such a masterpiece at Fanfiction (no insult intended). This is an entire book! The storyline for an entire novel! I can't imagine how much of your time you invested in this, but let me tell you: It was worthwhile. Even though your dreams and ideas for your future might have changed since you started this story, or read Tamora Pierces' books, please always keep in mind, however, that you are a brilliant storyteller and that you have an incredible way with words. Don't stop writing. Even if it's just for your kids or letters to your family, you will always be able to bring joy and happiness to your reader as you have brought joy and happiness and sorrow and longing to me and every other reader of your expansion of the Tortallan universe. Your story will always have a place next to Alanna's in my heart.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

And I'd also love it if I could have a PDF-version of this story. ;)
"Ana could feel the power building in him; it tickled her awareness, making her nose itch faintly. "
I love the subtlety here, slow but steady character building
Lollypops101 chapter 75 . 3/9
Wow! I can't believe you actually came back to this after so long. I really like this epilogue, but I am still confused by it. I will probably reread the entire story again soon, and that will probably help.
Navigator101 chapter 75 . 3/9
I think this has to be my favorite of the entire story. It's hopeful, bittersweet and a little bit of everything in between. I love the focus on Alanna and George and that you can still see the love and devotion they share. I enjoyed Thom and even George going after him for his selfish ways, because in the end Thom always thought about Thom first even though Alanna was the only person he loved besides himself.

The payment for the ferrier was interesting. Is it permanent or just a memory? It sounds like it might be permanent and for George to forget his Thom's smile would be so sad, even if as a God it's not that important anymore to him.

I like that you end with Faithful, I always liked to imagine he split his time between Beka and Alanna when the girls came to the Paceful realms. I also like that there's hope for everyone as there's a sapling.

If a friend hadn't see you'd updated I don't know when I would have found this. I apparently took Violet Fire off during one of my cleaning sprees of my alerts. I don't tend to Haunt the TP sections anymore. I still love SotL and everything up through Terrier but after Bloodhound and Mastiff I just felt like she was a different author. The books didn't feel the same.

I would love to get the manuscript for Violet Fire, and I'm glad your happy, but I don't think you should give up writing. Maybe you don't dream of being a professional writer anymore, but you might consider just dabbling in fanfic from time to time to keep yourself fresh. You've grown a lot with this story, and just think about what you can write now that you're older and have more experiences behind you. It doesn't even have to be TP.
Noorah chapter 74 . 1/18
While I loved the whole story I want you to know that you very last chapter is the one that I loved the most. I can't stand how much I enjoyed this last chapter, and at the word contagious I seriously started to cry and laugh hysterically. I'm not sure how I missed this wonderful fic during my youth on here, while I dabbled heavily in POTS and SOTL fics, but this could not have entered my life at a better time. Thank you so much for sharing Ana and Will, Lucas and Illieno with me, and allowing me to fall in love with your characters.
Excellently done. 10/10, will read again.
SoaringOnWings chapter 74 . 11/4/2014
Re-reading this fic was truly a pleasure. I love how you wove the plot so intricately! I truly enjoyed reading it again! Will there be an epilogue or a sequel of some sorts?
Mushio-is-me chapter 74 . 2/1/2014
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!
I absolutely loved every single part of this masterpeice. My mind is still reeling with all these new factors and plot twists that will DEFINITELY be added to my mind's eye of Tortall.
I'm overjoyed with such a happy and wholesome ending 3
Dramatics are all well and good, but I find nothing better than to end my evening wanting to giggle and grin like a gleefull child with a heart full and happy xD

I love the way you've captured the essence of Tortall and everything, that to me, it has always been about!
The honest and realistic bluntness of death and human malice is perfectly balanced by love, friendship and moral values. It is just so feel-good when the 'good guys' fight back against evil!

I wish I could give adequate thanks for your hard work and devotion to this thoroughly entrancing world, but I don't think words could ever be enough to amount for the time you have put towards this : )

I can only thank you, and plea that you continue your amazing work as a writer.
I hope that you will always be able to put your head and heart so fully and so succesfully into everything you set your sights on in life 3
Guest chapter 37 . 11/27/2013
How old is Ana.
TheKeyIsLove chapter 74 . 4/26/2013
Two words:
Pure. Genius.
This is 74 freakin' chapters.. and I read every single one of them in one night. Needless to say, I was so tired that I fell immediately to sleep after I was done... which is why I am posting this review now. )
So much to praise, so little time... So I shall limit myself to four points.
1) The Characters - How you managed to incorporate the basis of Alanna's, Jon's, Raoul's, and Gary's relationship in these highly original characters, make them people that I love deeply, and then put them through hell and back so that I can watch them grow and mature, I will never know. But I loved every moment of it.
2) The Plot - My heart stopped, my blood raced, my mind whirred... in almost every chapter. Ana is Thom's daughter from when he went forward in time, saw Tortal's disgraceful fate, and decided to have a kid who would save it? How did you even come up with this? I'm just... and it... and then I... There are no words for such magnificence. Bravo, my dear. Bravo.
3) The Dialogue - Oh. My. Goddess. The amount of times that I either cried literal tears at the scene playing before me, or laughed so hard that my side hurt at the witty humor... I've lost count.
4) ILLIENO [yes he gets his own point] - My FAVORITE character! He's like... a combination of George/Gary/Numair/Nawat, all rolled up in this gorgeous ball of gorgeous giggly gay hilarity. Everything he says is pure gold... and he can turn invisible! I WANT ONE! [And there is no possible way for me to choose a favorite scene of his... though the one below is definitely candidate for top rank. ;) ]
...
"Well," said Will in Thaylian, "Illieno has this really weird rash..."
Ana burst into giggles, as Darius frowned curiously at Illieno.
"What'd you say?" Illieno demanded. "WHAT DID YOU SAY?"
Will couldn't hold the serious face; he erupted into laughter at the panicked look in Illieno's eyes.
"Why do I get the feeling," Darius said, his eyebrows high on his forehead as he glanced back and forth between Ana and Will's mirth. "That you two are going to milk this language thing for all its worth?"
"What'd he say?" said Illieno.
"He said he hopes it's not contagious," Ana giggled.
...
Personally, I think leaving the story there would be just fine, it's a fabulous ending. HOWEVER, if you ever do get around to writing the Goddess Forsaken Epilogue, it would be most welcomed.
And again, I say: Pure. Genius. )
Ali
animato22 chapter 74 . 4/15/2013
OMG the most awesome sorry eva :D read it in one night *.*
This is awesome ... wonderful plot ... sweet delightful and funny :)
with the perfect mix of adventure and fluff :D
Well done
Lollypops101 chapter 74 . 4/13/2013
this was so great! i read it a few years ago, but it was great to reread it. will it ever have an epilogue?
Katie-hime chapter 74 . 3/29/2013
Hi Nessa'Fur!

I know it's been a *really* long time since you published this, but I want to let you know how much I enjoyed your fic. I grew up with the Tortall books, and Robin McKinley's books were also on my favourites list- in fact, they're the only books that I bothered to keep. You've done an amazing job of weaving the concept from The Blue Sword into Pierce's universe. It was a lot of fun to read!

So that being said... what happened to the Goddess-forsaken-Epilogue? ;D