Reviews for That Which The Sea Breaks Against
Tristan chapter 1 . 4/14
Very good. Did you forget about the call with jake or just not want to include it?
Tango-x chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
This is just so beautiful :) You have a lovely writing style and I love how you develop Pudges description of Alaska as a hurricane.

Perfect.
Tamyaa chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Omg you are such a wonderful writer.
Avalee Cassie chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
When I checked my phone, and saw that you had written a Looking For Alaska oneshot I was absolutely ecstatic. Considering you're the one who has exposed me to John Green's writing has made such a huge impact on me.. Also, considering how much I love Looking For Alaska, ad Alaska herself the overall news itself made me smile so much.

Only you could bring such excitement to me on such a bleary day.

Being someone who's rarely heard people use the term spirit animal before I only had a slight understanding as to what you meant when you said it. I was so perplexed to just how amazing this was...

I've always been amazed at how your writing keeps on growing and becoming so much more with every story that you publish. The thoughts are haunting, and you write phrases that stay with me anywhere from hours to days and weeks afterwards. Your words just stay with people.. Your thoughts leave an imprint on your readers mind that is simply stunning.

"You could fall in love with her flaws, but she wouldn't let you. Alaska was an enigma, her own little mystery you would never solve, nor wanted to."

How amazingly you captured such a complicated, complex character leaves me so in awe of you. One of the main things about Alaska is that you can't understand her, and I feel like you do. You captured her, and you showed us to her.. It's simply bloody brilliant.

I do believe you killed me when I read the line saying, "Who is Alaska? That which the sea breaks against?"

I don't know why, but reading it, the questioning and the usage of her name left me stunned. Your writing is impeccable as always but it's always the tiny things that you add in that I adore in your stories, the parts that complete it so perfectly.

I know you were a bit wary about the ending, why you would doubt your brilliance is beyond me but I felt that it ended this oneshot so perfectly. Like you said that was Alaska's thing, smirking and her cigarettes.

I love this to death, and I am so excited to read more of your stories.
theredrobin chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
This is lovely and sad. I think you did a good job getting inside of Alaska's head. You can really feel the panic and desperation rising up inside her. The part about the strings made me think of Margo from Paper Towns.

"The only thing she can hear is the sound of her heart beating and the angst pounding against her veins because the hurricane is coming quickly and her need for destruction is much higher than before." That has to be my favorite line from this; it's just really forceful.