Reviews for Seinen Kakumei Utena
James Birdsong chapter 40 . 11/16/2016
Surely excellent
Guest chapter 40 . 11/6/2016
You updated! Got to say I love the your interpretation of the carousel, and how you tie it together with this fate steed. So many great moments in this chapter. Will give a more detailed review after I let everything sink in.
Morte Mistrata chapter 40 . 11/6/2016
I'm so happy to have been able to read this before going on vacation. I was worried that you would update when I was out of town. It kind of saddens me to know that I came so late to this epic, but I am glad to be around for the last few chapters. I hope for a happy ending here, but I have a feeling that it will be bittersweet.
CelianAdellanie chapter 40 . 11/5/2016
WHAT. WHAT. WHAT?! WHAT IS THIS ART. WHY AM I CRYING. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY BEAUTIFUL CONNECTIONS? AHHHHHHHHHH. MY ANTICIPATION FOR THE END IS OFF THE CHARTS.
Homokaka chapter 14 . 11/2/2016
You must have watched Utena like 100 times already, cause this story is a perfect expansion of in the canon. Akio and Mrs. Ohtori's relationship, Touga and Utena's expanded backstory etc fit the episodes so well, it's almost scary to read. Has been a while since I've watched Penguindrum, but your depiction of the characters seem authentic. Like with the Utena cast, you've given those Penguin characters their own distinctive voices. Just . . . too good be be considered as only fanfic.
Homokaka chapter 10 . 10/29/2016
If the Shadow Girls died together with the Boys of Black Rose as per the contract, does it mean those guys would also become shadows? Maybe they are really the ones filling up the shadow command central in the movie. Don't ask me why they are in drag. Seriously, the Mamiya Mikage Mrs. Ohtori love triangle is so well done I see it as canon.
Homokaka chapter 9 . 10/28/2016
True. If Mikage can command respect from the faculty as a teen, so too can Akio. Anthy being the coffin pusher makes so much sense. Good backstories for the ascended extras. Bitchy Shadow Girls loli goth Mrs. Ohtori and yaoi boys Mr Ohtori and Miki's Dad all fit so well.
Guest chapter 7 . 10/26/2016
Having Anthy involved in getting Utena's parents killed is maybe the darkest idea ever explored by a Utena fanfic writer. The reveal is one that tests their relationship in ways that makes even the Swords of Hate ordeal seem a piece of cake. Your Akio is every bit as scary as the one in the show, but in a good way. One question though. Do you really think he is only eighteen? I know he is a university student in the manga, but I thought he would have to be older to hold the job as Acting Chairman.
Homokaka chapter 4 . 10/26/2016
Likening the Shadow Girls to Penguindrum's invisible people is a great way to tie the two shows together. Utena hating himself after the series and Saionji's harsh reaction are painful to read, but in a way that fits the canon. Too many Utena fics got ruined by wish fulfillment bullshit that goes against the harsh realism evident in Ikuhara's shows. I'm glad you've stuck to your own vision to come up with this most authentic continuation story.
Homokaka chapter 2 . 10/26/2016
The first time I read this, I was confused by everybody finding Tokiko young-looking, since she already looked old in the anime. Having since gone though the later parts, I now know she use disguises to make herself appear older as per the occasion. Losing one's ability to speak after mental trauma is a popular trope in anime, but is seldom explored in depth. I am guessing Mikage is suffering from catatonia related mutism?
Homokaka chapter 1 . 10/26/2016
Most excellent crossover. I'd like to ask some questions about plot and background. You've set this story ten years after the ending of Utena, which happens to be weeks after the ending of Penguindrum. Does this mean it's 2011? Penguindrum is period specific because of the Tokyo Subway Attack.
Morte Mistrata chapter 39 . 9/22/2016
Wait, there is more right? I really love how you tie everything together, connecting everything in such a way that I've begun to regard this as canon.
Morte Mistrata chapter 34 . 9/21/2016
I like the pronoun change for the Utena/Touga fushion. I also like how the description sets up the scene.
Morte Mistrata chapter 12 . 9/18/2016
Are the twins Kozue and Miki? Are they her children? That's my guess anyways. I really like this story as its one of the few ongoing ones that have captured my attention. When I catch up, I'll write a more in depth review.
CelianAdellanie chapter 39 . 7/18/2016
Stunning. Mind blowing. This chapter had so many gorgeous, painful, wonderful scenes that I had to stop counting, and so much scintillating, piercing dialogue that I had to reread it to be sure I didn't miss it. Effervescent.