Reviews for Seinen Kakumei Utena
James Birdsong chapter 43 . 9/19
Great chapter.
CelianAdellanie chapter 42 . 9/12
Another fantastic installment! My goodness, in a way I'm happy that it was't the end. Sorry for not reviewing earlier, somehow I thought I did but I didn't! The complexity is worth the wait.
QQQQQ chapter 42 . 8/13
Sorries for the wait in reviewing - I've read your chapter a few days earlier, and with the intricate story threads you've spun, it feels like a lot of work being able to resolve *everything* in a satisfying way. I loved the revelations between Momoka and Ruka, and the insane amount of turmoil she faces rewriting the fate threads (kinda parallels you and this story hehe).

Hope you get the next chapter done, take your time while writing, and if an unexpected idea hits you, you should probably consider it, especially since this is the climatic phase of SKU.
James Birdsong chapter 42 . 8/9
You're welcome. Certainly a well written good chapter.
Homokaka chapter 41 . 6/12
You have no idea just how happy this update makes me. Momoka becoming adversary instead of ally to Utena & co actually makes a lot of sense. While a messianic figure, she did manipulate and sacrifice the Takakura kids to suit her own agenda. And Dios . . . why am I not surprised that he'd be just like Akio, just presented differently? So many other things happening here I want to comment on, but I want to wait until a careful reread first. In fact, you can expect to see my review on a number of previous chapters very soon.
James Birdsong chapter 41 . 6/5
Excellent and well written
James Birdsong chapter 40 . 11/16/2016
Surely excellent
Guest chapter 40 . 11/6/2016
You updated! Got to say I love the your interpretation of the carousel, and how you tie it together with this fate steed. So many great moments in this chapter. Will give a more detailed review after I let everything sink in.
Morte Mistrata chapter 40 . 11/6/2016
I'm so happy to have been able to read this before going on vacation. I was worried that you would update when I was out of town. It kind of saddens me to know that I came so late to this epic, but I am glad to be around for the last few chapters. I hope for a happy ending here, but I have a feeling that it will be bittersweet.
CelianAdellanie chapter 40 . 11/5/2016
WHAT. WHAT. WHAT?! WHAT IS THIS ART. WHY AM I CRYING. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY BEAUTIFUL CONNECTIONS? AHHHHHHHHHH. MY ANTICIPATION FOR THE END IS OFF THE CHARTS.
Homokaka chapter 14 . 11/2/2016
You must have watched Utena like 100 times already, cause this story is a perfect expansion of in the canon. Akio and Mrs. Ohtori's relationship, Touga and Utena's expanded backstory etc fit the episodes so well, it's almost scary to read. Has been a while since I've watched Penguindrum, but your depiction of the characters seem authentic. Like with the Utena cast, you've given those Penguin characters their own distinctive voices. Just . . . too good be be considered as only fanfic.
Homokaka chapter 10 . 10/29/2016
If the Shadow Girls died together with the Boys of Black Rose as per the contract, does it mean those guys would also become shadows? Maybe they are really the ones filling up the shadow command central in the movie. Don't ask me why they are in drag. Seriously, the Mamiya Mikage Mrs. Ohtori love triangle is so well done I see it as canon.
Homokaka chapter 9 . 10/28/2016
True. If Mikage can command respect from the faculty as a teen, so too can Akio. Anthy being the coffin pusher makes so much sense. Good backstories for the ascended extras. Bitchy Shadow Girls loli goth Mrs. Ohtori and yaoi boys Mr Ohtori and Miki's Dad all fit so well.
Guest chapter 7 . 10/26/2016
Having Anthy involved in getting Utena's parents killed is maybe the darkest idea ever explored by a Utena fanfic writer. The reveal is one that tests their relationship in ways that makes even the Swords of Hate ordeal seem a piece of cake. Your Akio is every bit as scary as the one in the show, but in a good way. One question though. Do you really think he is only eighteen? I know he is a university student in the manga, but I thought he would have to be older to hold the job as Acting Chairman.
Homokaka chapter 4 . 10/26/2016
Likening the Shadow Girls to Penguindrum's invisible people is a great way to tie the two shows together. Utena hating himself after the series and Saionji's harsh reaction are painful to read, but in a way that fits the canon. Too many Utena fics got ruined by wish fulfillment bullshit that goes against the harsh realism evident in Ikuhara's shows. I'm glad you've stuck to your own vision to come up with this most authentic continuation story.