Reviews for Seinen Kakumei Utena
This may or may not be the most well-written Utena story I have ever read, but it is definitely the most well-plotted. Your expertise over the series clearly shows in your many subplots, and you have planned it so well in advance, that they all tie in neatly with each other. I also love how every scene you write serves to move the story forward. Seinen Kakumei Utena is canon to me. Thank you for giving this wonderful show the sequel it deserves, and I will be eagerly awaiting the ending.
CelianAdellanie chapter 34 . 3/18
It all makes glorious sense now. It has been revealed. History is repeating itself, but I dearly hope this time the cycle will be broken. Wow. The masterful back story of Mrs. Ohtori and Kanae. The emphasis on the roles played, connected to the ideals of each individual. Utena's prophesied character development. Flowing syntax, sharp at all the right moments, that captures the element and feeling of SKU and MWP. Minimal spelling error. Might want to mention the characters at beginning of each segment (subtly of course.) Altogether superb. *Recommendation to Fellow Readers: Read while listening to duel themes. Epic!* Congratulations on another segment well done.
BunnyHeartMedicine chapter 34 . 3/18
OH MY GOD EVERYTHING! Whats Akios reason, where's Himari, is Princess of the Crystal/Momoka gonna get out of those vines soon, OMFG EVERYTHING! And I really loved that thing with Kanae, Kozue, and Miki (especially with Saionji tearing up at it) I just can't wait to see what happens next and how this all unfolds
PhantasmusProdigium chapter 33 . 2/20
just...so good. the best utena fanfic i've read so far. can't wait for the next chapter.
PhantasmusProdigium chapter 1 . 2/20
just...so good. the best utena fanfic i've read so far.
BunnyHeartMedicine chapter 33 . 2/18
That. Was. So. GOOD! OMFG EVERYTHING'S COMING INTO PLACE! And I saw that little Yuri Kuma Arashi ref you put in there. Especially love what you did with Shiori, I knew you wouldn't get rid of her that easily. Oh and Himari ooh I love what's happening with Himari right now and you even brought in Tabuki and Yuri! THIS IS SO GOOD! I just can't wait to see how this will get all wrapped up.
CelianAdellanie chapter 33 . 2/17
YES NEW CHAPTER NEW CHAPTER NEW CHAPTER YES! Whoa *slow claps* power charged chapter. I have no idea how you are able to carry such tension, but it's amazing. The entwining subplots make it a thoughtful read as well. You'd better have you own books published if not now, then soon, because this, your skill is talent. I think that I might have to read SeinenKU all over again to fully understand it; just like SKU benefits from reviewing. Take a well-deserved rest before jumping back into the fray. A fantastic job on this chapter!:D
CelianAdellanie chapter 32 . 2/5
Wow. Just wow. The connections are coming together so seamlessly; they make so much sense. And the imagery and the whole darn extended metaphor... it's beautiful. The motives and everything are so intertwined, the SKU-MPD continuity is flawless. I am highly anticipating the next chapter. I will inform you now, good sir, that you have caused me to be emotionally compromised for the rest of the night, if not for the rest of the week. Brilliant and scintillating.
CelianAdellanie chapter 28 . 2/5
The sound racing towards the End of the World! I'm floored. And the Steed of Dios...
CelianAdellanie chapter 20 . 2/5
*literally tearing up right now* Nanami's realization of why adolescence is remembered so fondly...Saionji's reaction to Utena's scream...So perfect. Nanami's little speech so describes the essence of SKU. Adolescence as a time where one can hurt others and oneself without worrying about consequences, not having to be careful or diplomatic in order to fit society
RoseBB chapter 32 . 1/21
Your story is really very dramatic, but now I can't help but start envisioning Tatsuya as Marilyn Monroe. But seriously, please update soon so I get to see how this all ends.
sharnii chapter 32 . 1/6
So exciting!
sharnii chapter 31 . 1/6
"Anthy’s stance, while assured at first glance, was marred by a notable rigidity."

I like how this is worded and the sense it conveys. Great tension building up in this chapter!
sharnii chapter 30 . 1/6
"“Even so.” Straightening her back, Kozue did something she never thought she would: teaching the young. “One thing I’ve learned from my bout as a one hit wonder is that the audience is only as responsive as you want them to be. If you are genuine, even straw dolls will be moved. So sing; sing like you want to be their idol.” "

Wow, such wisdom from Kozue of all people. I love this line: "If you are genuine, even straw dolls will be moved." And so far I've always found it to be true. 3

"/“This time, can I ask you to be your own prince? Can I ask you to hang in there, stay focused, and not get intimidated by all the uncertainties I know is eating at you?” A falling car came down clipping off part of her rear wings; she bore it prince-fully. “ I’m here; I’ll do my very best to fight along your side –- I absolutely won’t drag you down! So, this time, can I ask you to stay as a prince? Can I ask you to be your own prince, Touga?”/"

Love this - it's the truth said in such a sincerely-Utena-princelike way. If we learn to be our own prince and save/love ourselves than we can revolutionize our own worlds (and the world)! It took me a long time in the real world to learn that and not scoff at it. When I first watched Utena I would have still scoffed at it (but secretly loved it deep inside).

"“Such single-minded sincerity . . . I, too, used to be like this.” Even as he spoke, an aura of sorts could be seen draining off of his person and into the train-bound rail. Crimson roses could be seen rapidly blooming and self-deflowering along the barbed vines, such that their petals now were falling down and upon the stage in a steady drizzle. “You remember, don’t you . . . Anthy?”

Anthy, currently standing behind her brother, hardened her face as she kept her sword's tip leveled at his shoulder blade. "

You wrote this scene powerfully. There's something so gripping about both redemption and falling. This is Akio at his nostalgic best.
sharnii chapter 27 . 1/6
"“Utena . . .” Anthy’s expression now was one that reminded him of that night at the Ball all those years ago, back when he(then she) saved her from public humiliation, before they were to have their first (and in hindsight, only) dance . . .

Then and now, he (she) was her sole supporter against the hostile masses, the Prince to save her from darkness.

Her hand now was clasped upon his."

What a lovely scene and flashback in one. 3

"“It’s called magic, Touga-sempai. It’s beyond human comprehension, because no human words - let alone their primitive ‘science’ - can adequately convey its actual mechanism,” said the Witch, as though it explained everything. "

Nicely tongue in cheek. ;p That's a pretty great explanation for magic, said in true Anthy style.