Reviews for The Answer
Guest chapter 21 . 7/26/2019
Your writing style is good although the plot and treatment of certain characters feel a bit cliche and disrespectful. Ilia "moved on" and already got engaged in such a short amount of time from someone she supposedly was so close to...? 9 months is pretty short for that honestly, and her relationship with Kael isn't very engaging in itself either, but maybe he's just temporary? Either way it paints Link as disposable and Ilia as somewhat frivolous. Along with Link's "PTSD" is a bit of a dangerous topic as it comes off as a cliche view of it without and seems to forget Link's character or history and everything he's already been through, not to mention Kael's cliche role pushing Link out of the picture and treating Link as disposable and damaged. All in all, your writing style is good but the plot and characterization in some ways is off.
closetcannons chapter 21 . 5/31/2019
You have to finish! Your so close and it's sosososo good!
echo009 chapter 21 . 11/6/2018
Wow fast update! And that was an emotionally heart wrenching chapter. I'm looking forward to seeing the next chapter and seeing where this goes!
Guest chapter 20 . 11/4/2018
Yeah! I almost gave up hope. Love this story.
echo009 chapter 20 . 11/2/2018
Really glad you decided to continue writing this story! Also you've done a great job making Link's time in captivity as well as the prisoner exchange believable. I cant wait for the next chapter!
James Birdsong chapter 20 . 11/2/2018
I can call your story good
Guest chapter 19 . 10/16/2018
I know you probably left this website, and you won't see this, but you write so beautifully. This is absolutely incredible. My heart has been aching for days because of this story, and throughout the whole thing, your amazing writing has stayed consistently amazing. You definitely have a future somewhere in writing if it's what you want. Just wow.
I saw that this was last uploaded years ago, but I still tapped it, not expecting my heart to be so shattered. Soon, I realized that I would read all 19 chapers, nothing less. I was in it, alright. I thought they would be enough for the story to stop at a place I could imagine away the ending I wanted...but nah. Anyway, thank you.
Account Removed and Deleted chapter 19 . 8/26/2018
Over the past few days, I managed to catch up on every single chapter I had missed updates on over my hiatus. Since I'm coming from a slew of about 10 chapters read, I won't be able to go into specifics as much as normal as there's just WAY too much to pinpoint for one review. I'll do my best to hit everything though~
For anyone reading this review to debate reading this story, please be warned that there are spoilers to the later half the the story up until chapter 19. I'll try to be vague on them.

[CHARACTERIZATION]
This is a huge strong point for this story. The characters push the plot forward, not random events that they're constantly responding to. It's refreshing to see such attention to detail in now only their nuances but how believable they seem. Telma's relationship with Ilia is absolutely amazing. The woman truly is a second mother to her. Even the guards from the South have depth to them, shown by their moments of mercy and hesistation. Most of all, I really just want Link to come home. He's struggling a lot in this predicament. Like A LOT.

LINK - I find your rendition of Link to be refreshing. He's not the invincible hero that cannot be phased. The prison scenes showed this. He's just as human as anyone else.
ILIA - I can always enjoy someone who writes Ilia justly. All of her actions make sense, and I love her determination to push forward. She's a lot stronger than she gives herself credit for.
KAEL - I love his character. He plays a pretty simple role so far, but the metaphors surrounding him are well placed. I'd love to see how he progresses, especially given the ending of chapter 19. I get the vibe that he's finally getting what he thought he wanted all along, but it's not quite as he had dreamed about.

I'll avoid more names for spoilers sake, but I find Link's latest sidekick to be absolutely adorable. He holds a lot of regrets, and I hope he can tie up loose ends. I think he and Link will be able to fight together very effectively once given the chance.

You write every character from Twilight Princess with justice. Even though this continuation is a plot you created, it feels as everything these characters say is canon somewhere. Especially Colin, he's such a sweet child.

[PLOT]
I find the premise of the plot to be amazing in its simplicity. Link and Ilia are trying to move on from the past, but it's hard to do that when it's beensuch a big part of your life for so long. The South loses contact with Hyrule during the events of Twilight Princess, because the Twilight locked communication from Hyrule and no one could tell each other what was happening. The South revolts against the Princess for abandoning them. Zelda then has to hold a war to hold off the South while she tries to solve the predicament, however we're never really shown Zelda during the story and her being is just as she was supposed to be; a headfigure of the country. I want to know her actual thoughts on the war and her plan. Link enrolls into the war because he feels it is his duty to protect everyone, and Kael is assigned to guard Ordon in the meantime. It's a very simple premise, but the depth of the characters makes it so much more enticing and fulfilling to read.

As of late, the plot seems to be becoming stagnant within the last three chapters. But I also get the feeling that we're building up to something huge, so we need a few scenes to prep for what's upcoming. It could be my excitement to keep reading but I *really* want to know what happens next already!

For one review, I'm afraid I'm starting to get a little too wordy. I shall be back whenever the next chapter is out! Please do try to find some time to. It sounds like your life is getting pretty hectic, but I hope you're happy with your current stance in life! I never got to say it sooner, due to the hiatus and all, but congrats on the wedding! c: 3
Sunset-Superman33 chapter 1 . 5/3/2018
Gotta say this story really hooks me. I dont think ive actually felt this amount of sadness while reading a story before. Its written beautifully and it surprises me that its only fanfiction. This could easily be a full fledged novel i would buy in a heart beat. Sadly though it seems kinda dead around here..I dont know what to do with my hands. Or my heart.
nbp chapter 19 . 4/18/2017
keep... going? man, now I'm sad after reading that one.
nbp chapter 18 . 4/18/2017
update! I like this story
nbp chapter 16 . 4/18/2017
update! update!
nbp chapter 15 . 4/18/2017
Seriously, I'm seriously nervous that this won't be finished. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh! Ok that was me venting. Great story, please update.
nbp chapter 13 . 4/18/2017
Now I'm nervous that you're not going to finish this story; I would be heartbroken. Please update!
Wolf81 chapter 19 . 2/11/2017
Awesome story. Sad link may lose illia but it's understandable. Please continue it.