Reviews for In the Life
The-Slytherin-Durmstrang-Girl chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
Awww...I love this!
Kilt chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
Doctors in those times make my skin crawl. Curing something that is not a disease.

Very good story, tho!
VintageManniqueen chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
I'm so glad you didn't give her a back story of abuse. So wonderful and true to character.
Dashed chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
I actually read your fics over a series of days but this is the first time I've been free to write a review so that's why they're all coming at once.

This is a pretty odd fic since its set pre-show. I normally wouldn't read stuff like this but I’m glad I did this time. There was a real threat of reality and the harsh consequences Betty faced if she chose to take the 'cure' or live with the 'sickness.' Again the atmosphere and the language is fantastic.

The only thing I didn't like, which is just personal taste, was the ending. I think you were going for an uncertain open ending which you achieved and it did fit the story. I just didn't like how lost Betty was but that was probably the thing you were going for.

I honestly loved Betty's reaction to the accusation that she was molested by her brothers. I was right with her in wanting to smack the doctor. The scene with Betty's dad stitching himself up was also a pretty visceral image that I won't forget anytime soon.

It was a really strong character piece about pre-show Betty.