Reviews for Silence and Motion
Tantei1412 chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
Will this be continued? Or did you just forget to put 'Complete'? It works as a one shot, but I would be interested to see more.
Alewar Warinot chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
"Lastly, for anybody interested in writing a Zenkichi/Medaka fanfic, TK Macintosh and I have thought up a scenario. Sadly, I'll be too busy to write anything in the coming weeks, so I'm throwing this out for any writer wanting to write it. If you're up to the challenge, leave me a review/send me a pm, and I'll tell you the details."

If no one is still up for the challenge then I would like to apply.
amado15 chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
I like this story pretty much, gave more dimensions that I also believed existed in ajimu. besides, as of recently there has been quite a bit of indication that ajimu does have a soft spot for zenkichi(getting pissed and impatient after zenkichi got sealed like her in the cards). its not far fetched.
dark drow chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
nine hells i hope you continue this, always a fan of yer work please take care and hope to see more whenever possible of course :P
BrazeRancor chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
Poor Ashin'in. I can just imagine her having friends once upon a time. But she outlived them all. I'm a bug fan of crack pairings, of which ZenNaze is my favorite (I read you fic on that, very good!) but ZenAmiju is fairly close too.
lhklan The Unpronounceable chapter 1 . 6/2/2012
Nice story. While I find it rather strange that Anshin'in would try to commit suicide so soon, I admit that it is a possiblity.

I also like how the part where Zenkichi tell her that she is still human. She did get disapointed, did feel despair when her plans works.

I would also like to add my idea: Zenkichi could convince her that in a way, she did fail. For her, Zenkichi defeating Medaka was impossible, yet she did it. But from anoter POV, the impossibility was Ajimu failing. She said out to prove that there is something she can't do, but she succeed in doing the task anyway. IN short, she FAILED at failing.

Sorry, I was rambling a bit. Anyway, great works. Hope you write more Zen/Ajimu. (And just ignore the guy below me.)
anshininsan chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
.. Well, first of all, I really have to give props to you for trying to write this! I mean, it's not really every day that a fandom gets from unpopular to really popular, and I suppose this marks the day that this fandom is popular enough to have badfics! So, thanks for that!

Ah, right, so you wanted some crit from people. I guess I, Anshin'in-san, will help you, then! Don't worry, it's all free of cost - after all, it's enough of a reward to kill time.

First of all, don't you think it's a little bit silly to call Medaka-chan perfect? Even I, Anshin'in-san, know that it's impossible for someone to be perfect. That's the whole point of the Flask Plan, you know? So that I can complete the perfect human! Medaka-chan isn't the perfect human, there's a thing called the Uncanny Valley which she has subverted somewhat by becoming so "perfect" that she's not very human anymore, you know?

By the way, I never felt disappointed in Zenkichi-kun. Or rather, it's not that I didn't feel disappointed, but that I couldn't! After all, would you be disappointed in an eraser shaving that just so happened to fall off as you erased the bubble you marked wrong on your scantron? Of course not! It's not its fault that it's a pathetic little thing that's unworthy of being even considered important - and that's the same for Zenkichi-kun, no, the entirety of mankind! It's not as if Zenkichi-kun could be different; there's only one person I've ever thought of that could be anything similar to me, and that was a sore disappointment which I learned a lesson from, and it certainly wasn't Zenkichi-kun! Sure, he's a little different than the average human, but there's nothing about him that is strikingly different! No, he's normal! He thinks normally, he feels normally, he's a little strange in his love for Medaka-chan, but he's still normal! In fact, it's because of how he's so normal that he became my subject, you know? He's so normal, and that's why it was important that he be the one to defeat Medaka-chan, someone who is so abnormal and so far out of reach from humanity itself.

Anyway, it's not as if Zenkichi-kun did the impossible! If it was something like a test of strength, or a test of speed, something that actually showed of Medaka-chan's physical strength, well then of course it would be very impossible for Zenkichi-kun to beat, regardless of how many abilities he has! But, in a competition like the student council president election, it's not impossible, and that's why it was chosen in the first place! Don't be mistaken; it was certainly an obstacle, but nothing that was incredibly difficult as to be "impossible"! It's not like Shou Kazamatsuri trying to defeat Gohan in a test of strength, but a Mirajane trying to defeat Erza in a popularity contest! While "abilities" are vastly differing, what is easily swayed is "the hearts of humanity" - that's what makes an "impossibility" impossible! Because humans are so easily swayed, even the underdog can defeat the Main Character, like in Medaka Box! Haven't you actually read the manga at all? I've already explained this!

Besides, it's because of Zenkichi-kun's ability that he's not a plus or a minus, but a zero - seriously, I'm just reiterating the manga for you by this point!

As a side note, do you know how long I've been living? It's been three trillion, four hundred two billion, one hundred ninety three million, eight hundred twenty two thousand, three hundred and eleven years since I came into existence, so it's not as if I could have been "sick" of the mundane days themselves - it's as you said. "When one is too used to something, one eventually forgets its existence." It's true! Of the sky, of the grass, of the water, of the people, of humanity, of living - it is certainly true that I can predict what happens in a day by now, but the thing is, I've given up on it! After all, these are the unwritten days in a manga, the unseen "daily life arc" as we wait for the next arc, the light novel, the Azumanga Daioh and the Lucky Star, if you will!

Anyway, Zenkichi-kun couldn't possibly think of me as human. After all, I've lived for so long - three trillion, four hundred and two billion, one hundred and ninety three million, eight hundred twenty two thousand, three hundred eleven years, you know! And I have seven quadrillion, nine hundred thirty two trillion, one hundred thirty five billion, four hundred forty one billion, five hundred twenty three thousand, two hundred and twenty one abnormalities, as well as four quadrillion, nine hundred twenty five trillion, nine hundred sixteen billion, five hundred twenty six million, one hundred ten thousand, six hundred and forty three minuses (twelve quadrillion, eight hundred fifty eight trillion, fifty one billion, nine hundred sixty seven million, six hundred thirty three thousand, eight hundred and sixty four skills in total). With abilities like that, no one could think of me as human - not even myself! You should really stop kidding yourself; even though you think it's pretty endearing to be called "human", I think it's an outright insult! After all, it's the same as you being compared to a worm, and being called a worm! Or you being called a ladybug, or some other insignificant creature that can never have any real bearing on your life! Being called a cicada, which lives for months but dies after a few days under observation - don't you think that's an insult?

And again, you're wrong in another aspect - humans aren't the only things that need contact. Are you saying that other animals can't need to have contact either? That's insulting every creature on earth! That's a bad comparison and you should feel bad!

... is what I would say, if I cared. But I don't, so go ahead! After all, humans are just so .. so like this! Making other things insignificant while making humanity even more significant, as if humans can even have any bearing on life whatsoever. How unintentionally cruel! .. Well, that's what I like the best after all, heehee.

Anyway, don't you think all of this is redundant? It's already happened in the manga - that is, Medaka-chan is the one who has already told me to live, and also that reality is real; isn't her painful headbutt enough to prove that? And what's with all of these "realizations" happening only now? I've realized these things, realized that Zenkichi-kun doesn't believe in the MC thing, from a long time ago! And you're really embarrassing me - after all, after having dated Kumagawa-kun, I've already gotten used to puns! Something like "There's nobody else like you. You're a Not Equal, after all," would have just made me say, "Of course not! But there is Hanten, who is the Not Equal who simply stands there. He's also something like me, the only one of my kind." Don't you think it's also unintentionally cruel to say something like that to me, by the way? What if I want to be the same as someone else? What if I'm jealous of humanity, because they can be so uniform, so excited about life, so mundane and yet so happy, what if I'm jealous that they can be everything I can't - impossible, failing, and ephemeral? Isn't saying something like "You're the only one of your kind," something really offensive to me, then? After all, I know that already! No one could have lived for three trillion, four hundred and two billion, one hundred and ninety three million, eight hundred twenty two thousand, three hundred eleven years and have seven quadrillion, nine hundred thirty two trillion, one hundred thirty five billion, four hundred forty one billion, five hundred twenty three thousand, two hundred and twenty one abnormalities, as well as four quadrillion, nine hundred twenty five trillion, nine hundred sixteen billion, five hundred twenty six million, one hundred ten thousand, six hundred and forty three minuses (twelve quadrillion, eight hundred fifty eight trillion, fifty one billion, nine hundred sixty seven million, six hundred thirty three thousand, eight hundred and sixty four skills in total) like I do, right? Isn't it because there is no one like me, that I wanted to die? And isn't it that I thought that Kumagawa-kun was like me that I valued him so highly at one point in time? You're being unnecessarily, unintentionally cruel again! Not that I care - it's not as if a raindrop can help landing on my face, after all!

I think at this point, I should probably stop. After all, I've already written at least a thousand words of critique! I'm sure this is the best review you've gotten, even if it's putting you down completely! But I still have more to talk about, so forgive me! I'll talk about good things from now on though, so I hope this'll make up for the rest of this review!

It's really funny that you think that I consider Zenkichi-kun to be a friend! I mean, it really is! And, I couldn't stop laughing for a while after I read this line: "He is the black chess king she would use to mate Kurokami Medaka's elusive white." Really! I laughed, I laughed! It was so funny, I couldn't contain it! Hanten started looking at me with a funny face, too! How could I keep myself from laughing when you throw something like that at me? Even now, I'm laughing! Wahahaha!

Okay, I've stopped laughing, so here I go again. I think that's all I can actually see that's great about this fic, so I'll just leave with a few protips:

You changed Zenkichi-kun to Zenkichi-chan in the later part of the fic! I don't actually know if this is on purpose or not, as if it's supposed to signify our relationship change, but only Kumagawa-kun calls him that, you know?

And secondly, please call me with affection; call me Anshin'in-san! I prefer to be called that, you know!

Finally - and I don't know how you even got this wrong - Ajimu is my family name. Najimi is my first name, you know! Japanese romanization is different from English, I know, but please consider this when you write!

Anyway, nice try and good
Lupin chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
It is a good and enjoyable story. I hope you will update it soon
Kuoffnet chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
"Not much romance yet."

Oh, so will this be more than one part? I'd like that, we need more MB fics, and I have a soft spot for Zen/Ajimu (and most other Zen pairings).
Frosty Wolf chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
Not very romantic, but I can see how this would be a hard couple to write that for. I look forward to seeing who you pair him up with next.

As for the challenge, give me the details.
Karl Stahl chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
This is a very good story. I don't know much about Ajimu Najimi, but it was nice to see her thaw and slowly developing an interest in the possibilities of her own life. There's definitely potential here.

Thank you very much for mentioning my story. I don't think many readers will stumble upon it.
Save the King chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
Interesting character study. I see you're staying true to Zen's observant nature. Do wish there was more romance but I guess that's not the point of this?

Keep it up!