Reviews for Study In Magic
maleficus-lupus chapter 11 . 10/1/2013
*snickers* This is coming along swimmingly, at least for us readers if not the characters, I would really like to see some Lestrade interaction though.
bluebell chapter 11 . 9/2/2013
Loving this fic so much! Its funny and still incharacter for both sherlock/crowley and john/aziraphale. Cant wait for the next chapter!
mabpagan chapter 10 . 4/22/2013
I LOVE this story-thank you for updating it!

I think the chapter works fine-you incorporated the flashback to show how Sam was suckered-I mean, encouraged-to join the coven. It's a little non-linear, but this isn't the type of story that can be told in a linear manner. Good job!
Zantetsuken Reverse chapter 10 . 4/20/2013
The chapter is good, nothing wrong with moving back and forth. Believe me, if you've ever watched Baccano...
Zantetsuken Reverse chapter 3 . 4/15/2013
Ah. The Chinese-Japanese thing, I was about to say something about that. But to some people, China is Japan and Japan is China.
FD chapter 9 . 2/21/2013
I love you for writing this. It somehow sounds like something that prachett (sp?) And gaiman would write, but with a twist.
ArgentNoelle chapter 9 . 2/20/2013
Funny. I liked it.
mabpagan chapter 9 . 2/15/2013
I am in awe at how well you capture the Gaiman/Pratchett narrative voice and structure. Sheer perfection!
ruff1298 chapter 2 . 1/4/2013
The bit about your opinion or Aziraphale's opinion on the Gulf War was... thought-provoking. What ARE they fighting for?

Leave it to Crowley to teach he who banishes demons how to banish demons in the first place-excluding he, of course. I enjoyed your mention of the kitsune, though I would have appreciated some bit about what kind of mother was she-the trickster who would fly off, or the loyal, loving mother who tried to stay.

Sorry, that story just really gets me.

Yet another apocalypse, and zippidi-doo-da, it's divided into four pieces. What a surprise, really. Let's hope you can make this more entertaining, by which I mean, make it entertaining in the first place.

Apologies if I sound negative. Events not to be spoken in polite company may have coloured my mood dark.
ruff1298 chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
The bit about the Evil proceeding to do evil despite the weather literally raining on their parade was lovely. I enjoy it whenever cliches are twisted around for comedic or analytical effect, most especially when the twisted cliche gives the opposite of the desired effect.

I take offense to your saying that a statue of Amaterasu is hideously hideous. Hideously expensive, She may be but She is not, by any means, hideous. Though I will give you this one as it is an interpretation of Her beauty by mortal hands, and we all know how well that turns out.

The bit about Device turning the bookshop into an actual bookshop was lovely. I like that it did enough to drive Aziraphale to seek new residence.

The bit about the Servant of Darkness had me in stitches. I just love how you pointed out that so many cultists and their little minions think they're being so original with their titles and methodology. The severed head was a nice touch, most especially with Crowley's lack of a normal reaction to it.

At this point, I would like to say that your footnotes have terrible placement and are terribly distracting as a result. To make one in the middle of a sentence to deliver a particularly effective joke? I will love you for that. But as it stands, majority of your little bottom margin, parenthetical phrases aren't fun and ruin the pleasure of the actual text.

Still have a thing against their taking Sherlock and Watson in this day and age. Fitting for the theme of the story, but really, now?
ArgentNoelle chapter 5 . 6/16/2012
This is pretty amazing. The idea is so weird, and I would imagine very hard to do well, but you did it. It's both Good Omens and Sherlock, even though those two things seem like they shouldn't be able to coexist. Anyway, this is really well written and really interesting and I can't believe you didn't get more reviews, but I guess that's because it's a crossover.
Me again chapter 5 . 6/15/2012
Just re-read for about the 5th time as the argument is too funny. I could definitely see something like that happening, though if Crowley did manage to get stupidity passed as an official sin then he is out of a job as the whole of humanity would damn themselves.
SeaAndSky chapter 5 . 6/9/2012
This is so good, I love it! You've really managed to capture the authors' writing and comedy style - especially the ever-present footnotes. ;)

Also, are the 'Old Witches' at least partially based on a certain coven of Ramtops witches? :D
WormstachePenguin chapter 5 . 6/8/2012
Thought I'd run out of good GO fics, then I flicked to your page and found the update :D

One this I love about the GO archive is the pratchett style footnote free for all. Which are normally hilarious[1].

This is honestly my favourite one of your stories yet.

I think the nargles stole the spaces... Only logical explanation with the large amount of hp fics on this site.

[1] Even in the intensely sappy ones[b].

[b] The awful and intensely sappy ones normally don't have footnotes because they are too focused on metaphors for staring at someones eyes.
mabpagan chapter 3 . 5/25/2012
This is brilliant! The scene with Mrs. Hudson had me in stitches. You've nailed the weird and wonderful relationship that Crowley and Aziraphale have. Please post soon-and thank you for writing such wonderful fiction!