Reviews for Study In Magic
InkHeart17 chapter 1 . 2/10
Ooh! I am so intrigued by this premise. It's a wonderful crossover.
Kerowyn6 chapter 11 . 9/4/2014
Awesome story, and. I know it's been dead for over a year, but please update it! I like your oc. That takes skill. Please update!
Sparrow49 chapter 11 . 5/30/2014
This is fabulous! You've got that Gaiman/Pratchett flair and humor down pat, and the whole concept of this crossover is quite brilliant. I hope you'll continue!
Emari-chan chapter 11 . 5/4/2014
This is both brilliant and hysterical. If you write more, I will definitely read it.
smilinglikeasnake chapter 2 . 4/23/2014
Hi, I just wanted to say: I love that story! You really picked up Terry Pratchett's style of writing. Good Omens is one of my favourite books, and Sherlock one of my favourite TV-shows, so I kin of like that combination:)
maleficus-lupus chapter 11 . 10/1/2013
*snickers* This is coming along swimmingly, at least for us readers if not the characters, I would really like to see some Lestrade interaction though.
bluebell chapter 11 . 9/2/2013
Loving this fic so much! Its funny and still incharacter for both sherlock/crowley and john/aziraphale. Cant wait for the next chapter!
mabpagan chapter 10 . 4/22/2013
I LOVE this story-thank you for updating it!

I think the chapter works fine-you incorporated the flashback to show how Sam was suckered-I mean, encouraged-to join the coven. It's a little non-linear, but this isn't the type of story that can be told in a linear manner. Good job!
Zantetsuken Reverse chapter 10 . 4/20/2013
The chapter is good, nothing wrong with moving back and forth. Believe me, if you've ever watched Baccano...
Zantetsuken Reverse chapter 3 . 4/15/2013
Ah. The Chinese-Japanese thing, I was about to say something about that. But to some people, China is Japan and Japan is China.
FD chapter 9 . 2/21/2013
I love you for writing this. It somehow sounds like something that prachett (sp?) And gaiman would write, but with a twist.
ArgentNoelle chapter 9 . 2/20/2013
Funny. I liked it.
mabpagan chapter 9 . 2/15/2013
I am in awe at how well you capture the Gaiman/Pratchett narrative voice and structure. Sheer perfection!
ruff1298 chapter 2 . 1/4/2013
The bit about your opinion or Aziraphale's opinion on the Gulf War was... thought-provoking. What ARE they fighting for?

Leave it to Crowley to teach he who banishes demons how to banish demons in the first place-excluding he, of course. I enjoyed your mention of the kitsune, though I would have appreciated some bit about what kind of mother was she-the trickster who would fly off, or the loyal, loving mother who tried to stay.

Sorry, that story just really gets me.

Yet another apocalypse, and zippidi-doo-da, it's divided into four pieces. What a surprise, really. Let's hope you can make this more entertaining, by which I mean, make it entertaining in the first place.

Apologies if I sound negative. Events not to be spoken in polite company may have coloured my mood dark.
ruff1298 chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
The bit about the Evil proceeding to do evil despite the weather literally raining on their parade was lovely. I enjoy it whenever cliches are twisted around for comedic or analytical effect, most especially when the twisted cliche gives the opposite of the desired effect.

I take offense to your saying that a statue of Amaterasu is hideously hideous. Hideously expensive, She may be but She is not, by any means, hideous. Though I will give you this one as it is an interpretation of Her beauty by mortal hands, and we all know how well that turns out.

The bit about Device turning the bookshop into an actual bookshop was lovely. I like that it did enough to drive Aziraphale to seek new residence.

The bit about the Servant of Darkness had me in stitches. I just love how you pointed out that so many cultists and their little minions think they're being so original with their titles and methodology. The severed head was a nice touch, most especially with Crowley's lack of a normal reaction to it.

At this point, I would like to say that your footnotes have terrible placement and are terribly distracting as a result. To make one in the middle of a sentence to deliver a particularly effective joke? I will love you for that. But as it stands, majority of your little bottom margin, parenthetical phrases aren't fun and ruin the pleasure of the actual text.

Still have a thing against their taking Sherlock and Watson in this day and age. Fitting for the theme of the story, but really, now?