Reviews for Especially Jedi
ruth baulding chapter 6 . 5/26/2012
Oh no... deliciously perverse! I admit to having made the same mistake and jumping to conclusions regarding Qui Gon too, too soon. And now my innocence is tarnished! Ali Alaan... and he got censured did he? I wonder if his position as creche master was the /result/ of said censure, by some weird karmic decree of the Council. Hm. And I do hope Obi Wan has the sense to retain his bloomers and ripped blouse - the outfit might help out with that consummation so devoutly to be wished.

What a Rest Day it was and thanks for bobbing us all along yout imaginary River of Light.

r.b.
LadySaxophone chapter 6 . 5/26/2012
Sweet. I love Obi Wan romances, and Edna was very cute.

I liked how you tied in to fannon, although I don't particularly agree. I don't know much about Mara, but from what I've read she doesn't strike me as very much like Obi Wan besides the red hair, but that's just me. Anyway, I liked it!

Obi Wan isn't REALLY a slut, we girls just like pairing him up because he's charming AND sweet, a rare combination! ;)
LadySaxophone chapter 5 . 5/22/2012
Busted!

They're sweet together, Obi Wan kind of needs someone who's got a happier attitude. He can be a bit...gloomy. I think your Edna is very sweet.
ruth baulding chapter 5 . 5/22/2012
Oh no! Caught in flagrante - well, by Rest Day standards, at least - with Miranda of the Tempest or her equivalent. Edna is quite fortunate that her first encounter with the /other/ comes in such a package - a fine specimen, and a perfect gentleman. My heart actually aches for him a little, as her innocence is a sweet diversion from those formless dark premonitions of the future. But I suspect the wrath of Aunt Randii et alia will take us on another hilarious twist of plot.

What is Qui Gon going to say about all this?
LadySaxophone chapter 4 . 5/17/2012
I'm with Edna, Obi Wan in a bathing suit (even if it's a woman's)is not something to miss out on...And Aunt Randii's right, he has absolutely B-E-A-UTIFUL baby blues.

Sooo...update soon please? What happens next?
ruth baulding chapter 4 . 5/17/2012
Points for originality: never before have I seen or even imagined Obi Wan in a woman's bathing suit, replete with bloomers. So glad he put the lightsaber away, that was indeed gentlemanly of him to consider the delicate nerves of his hostesses, no David Bowie-esque unsightly bulges to tarnish their self-imposed innocence.

Apparently he follows in his master's footsteps very well indeed... one almosts dreads the next chapter. In a good way.

r.b.
WynCatastrophe chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
Whew! So. Just got out for the summer, and of course I'm reading this. The first chapter reminds me of the following things:

1) The water images from ACAM. (Accident, or a theme in your oeuvre, hm?)

2) The Withywindle.

3) Farmer Maggot's dogs.

I await more information about Obi-Wan's plight with great anticipation ...
LadySaxophone chapter 3 . 5/15/2012
Awkward. And he'll probably only get girl clothes.

Eh well, I'm excited to see where you go with this. Romance? Anyways, I love it so far!
ruth baulding chapter 3 . 5/15/2012
Qui Gon's voice certainly could melt any girl's resistance. What Master Dooku might have said about such dalliances as Aunty Upright sugests, I dare not think.

And poor Edna... about to suffer a most overwhelming and damp epiphany. Delighted by Jinn's Jansenist homeworld. I believe I've met some of its denizens...
ruth baulding chapter 2 . 5/6/2012
The Force is with me - here is the update within minutes of my requesting it!

And enter the dour Matrons of Prudery... stern enough to make Marilla Cuthbert look frivolous. Those fiendish nekk pups really knew their business, too, but one feels almost grateful to them, and rather envious of the "infernal midge," too, truth be told.

Love Edna's Austen-esque simpering over "the noblest creatures" etc.

Oh, let us hear what wisdom Sister Georgette has to impart - and soon!
ruth baulding chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Here I am on Rest Day, savoring my first cup of java and enjoying this delightful bit of pronkerism.

Besides the very droll signage, which stands in a class by itself, the awards for this first part are bestowed thusly:

Bronze- to the phrase /sour abode of rectitude/ Still smiling at that.

Silver - to the sustained personification of the coy and flirtatious river. Tempted to use that for my Lit class as example of /good/ writing.

Gold - hands down, to the visual of hot and sweaty young Obi Wan stripping down to frolic in the Forbidden Pool. (!)

I have a feeling we shall indeed gain insight into Master Jinn by the end of this... dare I hope that the C of TBC will appear soon?
kalujinn chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
Very interesting start! I look forward to reading more.